• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Manchester United

IMO Walker is a worse defender than he is given credit for. Uses his pace far too much and puts the other defenders in awkward positions. (based on last year, hopefully he has used the time off to study & improve his defensive play).
I think that people are looking for it with Walker because it has been commented on so much. It is a bit like Lennon can't cross comments, we have heard them so many times that it is difficult to look beyond them.

I think that people are looking for it with Walker because it has been commented on so much. It is a bit like Lennon can't cross comments, we have heard them so many times that it is difficult to look beyond them.

You mean that all the positive comments on Walker from last season has made it difficult to look past them to see his poor defending?

lloris 9 - how long do you think he'll stay ?

Davies 8 - deserves to start ahead of Rose
Stambouli + Mason 7 - our best centre mid pairing

We got overrun in midfield for 70 mins.

Rose has put in nearly 10 bêtter performances than that and most fans still hate him. Thought he got caught out several times and we were lucky that nothing came from it. Had a solid game tho.

Fazio and hugo again were impressive. Jan looked more robust. Tbf we should have lost but let the lucky streak continue!

Rose has put in nearly 10 bêtter performances than that and most fans still hate him. Thought he got caught out several times and we were lucky that nothing came from it. Had a solid game tho.

Fazio and hugo again were impressive. Jan looked more robust. Tbf we should have lost but let the lucky streak continue!

Don't really get the should have lost comments. I guess you could say that Utd were closer, but nothing else.

Since when did defending in our penalty box mean we should have lost?
I truly cannot understand what people want. We beat Leicester because when all is said and done they couldn't score.
Today we drew with a team full of lethal strikers because when the chips were down we defended well.

We need better players that's for sure but Poch's system has started to kick in and we are now doing the basics well.
Take each game as it comes.

spurs ratings
lloris 7 had a good game but flapped so many times and made our defence nervous

chriches 9 mom great clearance off the line.
fazio8 great display
verts best game for a long time
davies 6 offerd nothing going forward but defended well
towsend 7 really grew into the game second half
stamboile 7 was better second half
mason8 was everywhere
chadli 5 poor game and should have come off sooner
erikson 7 worked hard
kane7 never stopped but little support
poch 9 he was right to give walker a rest and also drop rose for this game but should have brought chadli off sooner and bring on demeble and lamela sooner

Don't really get the should have lost comments. I guess you could say that Utd were closer, but nothing else.

two pretty even teams both of whom tried to "manage and control" a win - if either team has "stuck their neck out" they would have won.
there was certainly an element of making sure they didn't lose from both sides, such was the importance of today.

re Walker's defending. He relies on his pace to get back because he is an attacking FB - he will get forwards and play high, and that means having to recover.
I do wonder sometimes what this place would be like if we has Cafu anf Roberto Carlos - "great going forwards but suspect at the back, not good enough for us".
When team take Walker on he is more than capable, although his positioning is an area for improvement.

Just watched the full game (from DVR) knowing the score

Interesting, first half wasn't as awful as people made out, yes we were under pressure form Manure ( a side with RVP/Mata/Rooney/Carrick/Falcao) but didn't seem we were ever overly open or ragged (as we have been against much lesser opposition this season)

Lloris as mentioned, but also credit to Townsend who had a decent game as well as Stambouli.
Mason was interesting, definitely made some more forward runs, really should have put that shot at least on target.

passing/shape/tempo all much better than earlier in season, improvement there.

Just watched the full game (from DVR) knowing the score

Interesting, first half wasn't as awful as people made out, yes we were under pressure form Manure ( a side with RVP/Mata/Rooney/Carrick/Falcao) but didn't seem we were ever overly open or ragged (as we have been against much lesser opposition this season)

Lloris as mentioned, but also credit to Townsend who had a decent game as well as Stambouli.
Mason was interesting, definitely made some more forward runs, really should have put that shot at least on target.

passing/shape/tempo all much better than earlier in season, improvement there.

agreed

(now, if you could please stop being rational - we are either better than Real Madrid or should be playing sunday lge don't ya know)

[VINE]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/201DD777691160969069902614528_SW_WEBM_14197707451831e2616ece4.mp4?versionId=NoZFjSoVTOuNRWSiMr62pwvRywFUvEqb[/VINE]

Lloris 8 - Some good saves but some downright bad finishing as well.

Chriches 7.5 - Excellent game.
Fazio 8 - Very Solid, threat from set plays as wells.
Verts 7.5 - Good game.
Davies 7 - Very Solid but offered little going forward.

Towsend 7 - Compromised early by silly foul but became more effective as the game wore on, surprised he was substituted as he was looking the man most likely against a tiring team.
Stambouli 6 - Struggled with the pace of the game but improved second half.
Mason - 6.5 Quietly effective but for the second time this season fluffed his big line.
Chadli - 5.5 Started brightly but faded, becoming a bit of a theme.
Eriksen - 6 - Struggled to make much happen, looked jaded.

Kane 7.5 - always a threat and produced the one bit of quality going forward with the pass to Mason.

Lloris - 8

Chiriches - 7
Fazio - 8
Vert - 7
Davies - 7

Townsend - 6.5
Stambouli - 6
Mason - 6
Chadli - 5
Eriksen - 5

Kane - 7

Reckon Hugo didn't come out because any contact against Man U and its a pen and red card. Or maybe a bit nervous after clattering against Leicester?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I love Hugo and I find myself defending him a lot on here for some strange reason and despite the commentators insistence that he'd had a great game, I didn't see it that way. He was very reactive rather than his usual proactive self, a couple of times he stayed at home which was strange for him and although it ultimately worked out in the end, I thought it was a poor decision and one that could've cost us, there was also a fair amount of flapping around in his own six yard box and then we had the Chiriches clearance off the line where for some strange reason hugo dived right over the ball. I knew it would be a contentious score but I don't care, I like to rate on what I see rather than what others tell me.

And yes, I thought our midfield was non existent, first half we literally had no central midfield, Chadli offered very little all game and Townsend but for a nice couple of clipped crosses didn't do a whole lot either.

Sorry mate but I cannot consider you serious when you rate a keeper based on 'pro-active' rather than reactive... Seriously? haha

two pretty even teams both of whom tried to "manage and control" a win - if either team has "stuck their neck out" they would have won.
there was certainly an element of making sure they didn't lose from both sides, such was the importance of today.

re Walker's defending. He relies on his pace to get back because he is an attacking FB - he will get forwards and play high, and that means having to recover.
I do wonder sometimes what this place would be like if we has Cafu anf Roberto Carlos - "great going forwards but suspect at the back, not good enough for us".
When team take Walker on he is more than capable, although his positioning is an area for improvement.

I might have been obtuse earlier, but this is exactly why I think Walkers defending was so poor last year. His positioning put the cbs under a lot of pressure to pick up his slack. But upward and onward. COYS!

Sorry mate but I cannot consider you serious when you rate a keeper based on 'pro-active' rather than reactive... Seriously? haha

Why not? Lloris is a proactive keeper, he sees danger, he goes to it and stops it at the source. A reactive keeper waits for the danger to come to them. Sorry if you can't see that. He was super conservative today, take the van Persie chance for example, usually Lloris would've dealt with that before it even became a chance but for some reason he decided to play it like Brad Friedel which imo has a much lower % chance of succeeding. Lloris usually comes for just about every cross as well, whether it's to punch or catch it he always makes a decision, today he was hesitant and at least twice we had some mad scramble virtually on our goal line, that's not proactive goalkeeping. I'm sure there's even an interview with Lloris himself where he says all of this so maybe you should tell him you can't take him seriously either.

If Hugo had come out for vps chance and had ANY contact we all KNOW it would have been a pen and red card. I counted at least two man u players falling to ground looking for fouls but their team playing on, if it wasn't play acting why didn't they put the ball out?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Lloris - 8.5 (MoTM)

Chiriches - 7
Vertonghen - 6
Fazio - 7.5
Davies - 7

Stambouli - 6.5
Mason - 6.5
Townsend - 7
Eriksen - 6
Chadli - 5.5

Kane - 7.5