• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against sunderland

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Lloris 8 looks better every game good coming out of his area and lovely punches.

Walker 7 mixed bag for him, lovely pass in first half which we should have scored from but still giving away stupid mistakes, i would drop him for a bit.

Dawson 7.5 so commited and good tackles but some stupid fouls.

Caulker 7.5 looking better the more he plays.

Naughton 7 used to be our weak link, not so anymore but i would love to see him get a run at right back.

Lennon 8.5 man of the match for me looks so good again and a nice goal wish he could play like this every weak.

Sandro 8 excellent performance and what i am coming to expect from him now.

Dembele 7.5 worked hard but not as a big an influence as i would have hoped.

Bale 7.5 Looking back was not a dive and not a great game but his crosses are amazing and we need to get on them more.

Defoe 6.5 another nothing match for defoe him and ade really need to learn to link up better because they do not like a partnership at the moment.

Ade 4 taking longer to get back into the swing of things then even huddlestone, do not know if now he has his contract he does not care but something is wrong with him this season.

Dempsey 6.5 not long enough to judge but he always works hard and i respect that, would start him against reading now bale won't play.

Last edited:
Lloris 7 - some nice punches from Hugo

Walker 5 - just does some absolutely braindead things
Dawson 6.5 - did ok, some silly fouls
Caulker 6.5 - ok
Naughton 8 - another strong game, vital interception

Lennon 8.5 - was bright all day and a top goal
Sandro 8 - bossed it
Dembele 6 - quiet game
Bale 7 - created but no one finished

Ade 4 - brick game, brick finishing, brick haircut
Defoe 5.5 - poor miss, did ok otherwise

Dempsey 7 - great back heel to put Ade through on goal
Parker/Sig - n/a

Lloris - 7.5 - Great punching, awesome save from Fletchers initial effort too, he's so quick!

Walker - 6 - Stupid fouls but in possession he is getting better, another assist to his name.
Dawson - 7 - Some silly fouls too but I like his passion and desire, something we miss at times.
Caulker - 7 - Didn't hear much about him today which is a good thing, a good performance from him.
Naughton - 8 - I thought he was brilliant, his vision is very very good and he may of just won us the game with the block at the end.

Lennon - 8.5 - Man of the match, slow start to the game but you could tell when he hit his stride round about 20 minutes that he was up for it, CRACKING goal!
Sandro - 8 - Another top performance from him. The pressure he puts on players is great
Dembele - 6.5 - Not his best game, didn't see much from him but he's doing the right things, not making any mistakes.
Bale - 7 - Another good performance from him, very unlucky to get booked, thought it was a penalty.

Adebayor - 4.5 - Just don't know. Mido anyone? Superb loan, buy him, turns to brick.
Defoe - 6 - Wasn't too bad, definitely should have scored though, no idea why he didn't take it first time.

Hugo - 8 - Commanding

Walker - 6.5
Dawson - 6.5
Caulker - 6.5
Naughton - 7

Lennon - 8.5
Sandro - 8.5 - BEAST
Dembele - 6.5
Bale - 7.5

Adebayor - 6
Defoe - 6

Benoit - 10 - Flawless

AVB - 9
Ref - 1

Excellent win, and even if it was a little fortunate it was also well deserved for a really hard-working team performance away from home

Lloris 7 - foretunately very little serious keeping to do but dominated his area well. Seems to have got the message about stronger punched clearances

Walker 7 - good defensively and better going forward than of late, one peach of a pass to put Lennon clear first half, plus the corner that led to their og.

Dawson 6 - a couple of careless fouls that could have cost us, but was always there for us when needed

Caulker 6 - see Daws

Naughton 7 - the more he plays the better he looks, really skilful on the ball, no longer sure BAE's return is that much of a given tbh!

Lennon 8 - back at his busy little best, full of tricks, runs and decent crosses plus a brilliantly taken decider. Rightly awarded MotM by Sky

Dembele 7 - excellent industry throughout, wonderful to watch the way he keeps the ball under pressure and lays it off

Sandro 7 - tempted to give him eight for his sheer ebullience and influence in midfield, however his forward passing lets him down

Bale 7 - should have wound up with two assists, one for that brilliant run and pass to Defoe, the other for a definite pen. How the ref booked him for that is beyond my comprehension

Defoe 6 - grafted well but not his day

Adebayor 6 - better from him than of late but it's beginning to seem like he's jinxed in front of goal

Subs

Dempsey 7 - excellent work, loved that crafty backheel to put Adebayor clear through on goal.

Parker 6 - reassuring to know he can come on and make it difficult for the opposition, but like
Sandro his forward passing leaves something to be desired

Sigg n/a

Lloris 8

Walker 5 He did play well, but his defending was not good. As a full back you have to get that right first and foremost. It wasn't easy for him as we'd been attacking and he had to defend them on the break. But he got turned and let the cross come in a couple of times and the fudgeup when a player sprinted at him and consequent foul led to their goal.

Dawson 7 Silly fouls. He doesn't have the physicality to stand up to bigger players. But made a couple of good tackles.

Caulker 7 Looked a little shaky. Keeper passed the ball to him (probably shouldn't have) and Caulker pass was cut out. Thing is both CB did well in a difficult away ground hence the 7s.

Naughton 7 Did well. His eye for a pass is encouraging.

Lennon 9 Wasn't in the game for the first 15 minutes. Thankfully he started to find space and took the game to them. Got in behind following Walkers pass. And what a goal. Tenacity and a sublime finish. He won the game.

Sandro 7 His usual. very solid.

Dembele 8 He is so important to us. He carries the ball so well. Bar the tackle on him by the corner flag, I don't think anyone tackled him. He just strides forward turning defense into attack, and tuning midfield possession into attacking chances. We could do with another one of him.

Bale 8 It could have been 1-4 to us and if it had been, it would have been mainly Bale's assists. Put them on the back foot from the beginning and broke well.

Defoe 6.5 He didn't get much of a look in. Didn't do anything wrong. Dropped deep to keep the ball moving.

Ade 7 Didn't finish his chances. But his movement was good, getting into goal scoring positions. He also defended well, a great header clearing one of their corners.

Dempsey 7 Did well. Assured and almost setup a goal.

Lloris - 7.5

Walker - 6
Dawson - 6.5
Caulker - 6.5
Naughton - 8

Lennon - 8
Sandro - 8
Dembele - 7.5
Bale - 7.5

Defoe - 6
Adebayor - 6.5

Subs = Parker, Dempsey and Sigurdsson all good again.

Lloris 8 Good punches, took pressure off back four.

Walker 5 improved in 2nd half, but diabolical defending for their goal.
Dawson 6 A few needless fouls and the odd long ball.
Caulker 6
Naughton 8 Very good game.

Lennon 8 Our best player, great finish.
Sandro 7 Solid.
Dembele 7 Controlled midfield in 1st half, not as good in 2nd.
Bale 8 No goals but came alive in 2nd half. Harsh to be booked.

Adebayor 5 Poor finishing.
Defoe 5 Quiet game, should have scored, and a bad dive.

Subs 7

Can't fault the team or manager today, we took the game to them, and should have won by more. I would have taken Ade off, but a win is a win.

LLoris 8 The difference between a win and a draw

Walker 5 Obviously at fault for their goal but improved after that

Dawson 5 Kept on conceding free kicks, and thats the only way they should have scored. No marking for their goal. Awful passing.

Caulker 7 Fine

Naughton 8 Very good, improving going forward and a key clearance

Lennon 8 Thats more like it! Clearly better away from home, we could see in the first half he was sharp today and good goal second half. More of the season vs Reading please.

Sandro 8 Beast again

Dembele 7 Fine

Bale 8 Great runs. At the heart of things.

Defoe 6 Did his bit for the team but should have scored

Adebayor 5 Oh dear, totally out of confidence

I would drop Walker as soon as Benny comes back, if he comes back. I'd play Naughton in Walker's place.

Dempsey and Sig look like they are improving which is a good sign.

Lloris - 8 - Owns his penalty area, great to see

Walker - 6 - At fault for their goal, most of Sunderland's best attacking play came from down his side but did better in the second half

Dawson - 7 - Gave away some free-kicks but generally very solid

Caulker - 8 - Also very good

Naughton - 8 - Has improved massively since getting raped by Walcott at the Emirates. Good passing as well as some vital tackles and interceptions

Lennon - 8 - Took some time to get going, but did brilliantly as the game went on and scored a brilliant winning goal

Sandro - 8 - Typical all-round performance from our player of the season so far

Dembele - 7 - No major contributions of note, but helped maintain possession well and worked hard at winning the ball back

Bale - 8 - Very dangerous attacking play, they were terrified when he was running at them and his delivery was very good too

Defoe - 5 - Missed one great chance to score, negligible contribution otherwise

Adebayor - 3 - Thought he was very poor today. Looked lazy off the ball, none of that outstanding work rate we saw last season, or in the away games at City and Arsenal this season. And the finishing...it's never been his strongest point but Jesus Christ it was bad today.

Subs:

Dempsey - 7 - Did well when he came on I thought, got stuck in and played some good through balls including one outstanding one to Adebayor

Parker + Sig - N/A

AVB - 8 - Our best performance of the season so far. Gamble to rest Vertonghen paid off, subs were mostly good. Dempsey for Defoe worked well, Parker for Lennon helped maintain possession and close the game out, the only one I didn't agree with was Bale for Sigurdsson. Gylfi deserved to come on earlier, but to take off Bale was a bad idea for a few reasons, 1. He'd been playing well 2. He's not available against Reading so there's no need to rest him and mostly importantly 3. When winning away from home in stoppage time you need players who can counter-attack, especially when the opposition is trying to score from set-pieces and are committing a lot of men forward. You need fast dribblers at that point to take the pressure off, but with no Bale or Lennon then we were stuck in our own third for the final few minutes.

Make no mistake though, this was a big win away from home against a team with some very good players - Mignolet, Cuellar, Johnson, Larsson, McClean, Sessegnon and Fletcher forms a strong spine, so to beat them away from home is fantastic.

Lloris - 8. Excellent punches, came off his line confidently commanded area well, great save from Fletcher (unlucky for it to bounce straight to their player), you could hear his shouts all game too, really good to see.

Walker - 6.5. Strangely thought Walker's overall game was solid, in possession he was better today (including one beautiful pass inside the fullback for Azza) and Johnson pretty much got no change out of him. He just made a few stupid errors (2 in quick succession - losing the ball with a stupid dragback attempt then bundling over their player for the freekick which led to their goal) which has brought his score down.
Dawson - 7. Mostly commanding from Daws, excellent in the air, mostly solid distribution (which is usually the weaker aspect of his game) although a couple of trademark inaccurate drilled long balls. Doesn't get any higher as he too committed some stupid and needless fouls which led to freekicks, and that was the only threat they possessed.
Calker - 7. Very similar to Dawson, although less noticeable due to his more composed style. Not as many fouls, although couple of sloppy moments.
Naughton - 8. Very good performance from Kyle. No stupid fouls! Stood up well to anything thrown at him, shut down McClean with ease, good calm distribution, always provided an option..... isn't *that* much of a threat going forward, but deserves some mitigation for this as he's not a LB.

Lennon - 8.5 MOTM. Superb game, bright, always a threat, beat his man for fun, loads of rapid rapier-like runs, decent number of decent crosses, put in an outstanding defensive shift and topped it all off with a marvelllous goal: lovely touch and composed, confident finish.
Sandro - 8. #SandroBeast.... as per usual.
Dembele - 7. Quieter game from Mousa... not too much influence in the final third... but then I guess it's not really his role. He turns defense into attack SUPERBLY. I thought he showed lovely touches, made some good interceptions which helps us launch attacks (really like this part of his game)... he's a massive factor in our possession game. Played well without standing out.
Bale - 8. Unlucky not to get at least two assists today... should have won a penalty, was a clear foul, and trademark bursting run and cross for a sitter which JD somehow missed. Loads of powerful runs and good touches, really involved in this game.

Defoe - 6.5. Some good touches, some bad ones. Missed a sitter (was a great save from Mignolet but JD should have scored). Nice cross for Ade sitter. Not really his day.
Ade - 6. Missed two great chances, one a complete sitter which I think he bottled (scared of getting hurt)... needs that goal to go in to get his confidence back, although he's never been a massively prolific finisher. Some good holdup play, some not so good holdup play... a bit like JD. He did look like he was trying though.

subs:

Dempsey - 7. Bright, hardworking, superb flick for Ade chance, made an impact.
Parker - 6. Some composed moments.
Sig - N/A. No time to rate.

Special mention for Lennon, brilliant, threatening all game, provided balls that should have been goals, and scored himself, easily MOTM

Naughton continues to impress, very neat technically.

Bale, couple of those trademark runs, stupid call by ref, may help us by giving him a game off.

Ade/JD, both slightly off today, could have helped us kill the game off.

Dempsey, thought he made an instant impact.

AVB - well done, another good away result, Vert rested.

Think it was a very professional performance.

Special mention to Lennon, Lloris and Dembele. All totally awesome, Dempsey was veeeery good when he came on.

AVB made all the right calls today. Well done!

Can't believe some think Dembele was equal or even beter than Sandro, I thought Sandro was a clear class apart today.

Last edited:
Loris 8 He is so calm and stable as the last outpost, world class.

Walker 5 Makes a big mistake, gets angry and makes it worse by taking a stupid free kick, he must learn or be dropped. But i hope he comes good, loads of talent.

Dawson 6 Needs to learn to balance his tackles and interception, giving away too many simple freekicks.

Caulker 7 Good game frome him he is growing as a player.

Naughton 8 Very good, he is starting to look very promising, can not find one fault in his game today.

Lennon 8 Good, now he was more involved in the offensive game, very good.

Sandro 9 One of his best games this season, which is saying a lot.

Dembele 7 Fine

Bale 7,5 Great runs, someone should have scored of his hard work, and it was not a dive !!!

Defoe 6 Did his bit for the team but should have scored, he is a striker so his jobb is to score

Adebayor 6 Not as bad as some think, but should have scored at least 2, frustrating!

Subs did the jobb, so lets give them 6,5 all around.

AVB: 8 Did the jobb, cant find faults.

Loris 6 Nothing much to do.
Walker 2 I think people know what I think of this waste of space.
Dawson 7 Solid.
Caulker 7 Solid.
Naughton 7.5 After a shaky start to his season, he has improved.
Sandro 8 One of his best games.
Dembele 7 Held possession well.
Lennon 8 Started to un at defenders again. Great goal.
Bale 7.5 A solid effort.
Defoe 5 Missed a sitter, ran hard and presented tirelessly.

Adebayor 3 Missed two sitters. Doesnt look interested anymore.

By exception today

Naughton was very very good today and is looking like a class player - his passing is very very good and reminds me of BAE. I would play Naughton instead of Walker for a while

Walker played well but was fudging dumb for his mistake. He has improved but took a slight step back

Dawson was good today, gave one or two silly fouls but overall was slid

Lennon was very very very VERYYYYYYYYY GOOD, he is my fave player and just want his babies - MOTM

Bale was excellent second half although first half wasnt bad.

Defoe and Ade hmmmmmmm... Both should have scored but I thought Ade just looks uninterested half the time.

Lloris 10 - The idea that Brad is at his level - ridiculous

Walker 6 Another piece of stupidity nearly cost us the game - Naughton in at RB

Dawson 9 Great performance - Mr Spurs - to think AVB had the stupid idea of selling him

Caulker 8 Good but no Dawson

Naughton 9 Out of position still does better than Walker

Lennon 10 Fantastic

Sandro 9.5 Superb

Dembele 7.5 looks unfit, but did well

Bale 9.5 Refs are trying to drive him to Spain - Disgusting from Atkinson

Defoe 6.5 Got lost.

Ade 6.5 has he forgotten how to score

Dempsey 8 - love him

You need to start worrying about strikers when they are not getting chances not when they miss them. Ade and Dempsey is the future.
A great team performance-Lennon was the best.

Back