• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match rating thread versus Juve

Dele lost the ball way too many times today. Dier made several stupid passes into their trap. 5 for both of them.

True he does keep losing possession around the opponents' box but I for one am quite happy for him to keep on taking them on.

Why? Good chance he'll buy a free kick in a dangerous area.

Lloris - 7/10

Aurier - 3/10
Sanchez - 5/10
Vertonghen - 6/10
Davies - 4/10

Dier - 6/10
Dembele - 9/10

Lamela - 7/10
Alli - 7/10
Eriksen - 8/10

Kane - 7/10

ps: edited Dembele's mark from 8 to 9 after watching his highlights of the game. Defenitely MOTM.

Last edited:
Lloris: 8 - Couple of vital saves.

Aurier: 5 - Very poor for the pen and crossing dodgy, but otherwise solid.
Sanchez: 6 - Looked a bit overawed for the whole match. Sloppy moments.
Verts: 7.5 - Solid as ever.
Davies: 6.5 - Recovered well after a shaky start.

Dier: 6 - Some really slack passing and slow in his decision making.
Dembele: 9 - MOTM, absolutely bossed it. Outstanding

Lamela: 7.5 - Worked his balls off. Typical Lamela performance, tired towards the end though.
Alli: 7.5 - Great assist for Kane, also worked his nuts off. Could have scored with his header.
Eriksen: 8.5 - Well taken goal, lots of great incisive passing. Just misses MOTM.

Kane: 8 - Goal, could have had more. Put himself about well.

Lloris: 8 - Can't blame him for either goal. One or two great saves and if he palmed that penalty onto the bar it was superb reflexes.

Aurier: 5 - Let's not destroy the bloke but he had a brain fart of Walker proportions for that slide tackle.
Sanchez: 6 - Toby coming back into fitness couldn't happen a a better time, I think he needs a rest and wake up call.
Verts: 7 - Our best defender without being spectacular
Davies: 6 - Rash challenge for the 10th minute penalty but he is looking much improved in attack

Dier: 6 - Covered well when our wing backs were forward, not as good as he can be but solid enough and covered a lot of ground.
Dembele: 9 - By his high standards he wasn't even his best but still good enough to dominate midfield away in Turin in the CL. Freak.

Lamela: 7 - Excellent in pressing and tackling. Good team selection by Poch, he looked comfortable from the first minute.
Alli: 8 - Kept his cool in a tense atmosphere. Some great skill to win possession and kept the defenders busy. Won the free kick for Eriksen on the edge of the box.
Eriksen: 8 - Good performance and free kick was intelligent. Cross for Kane in the first half was delightful, Kane should have buried it.

Kane: 8 - Typical Kane, worked hard, tackled back, took his chance to round Buffon. Could have had at least one more goal.

Pretty much want to echo what Dawson says above.

I thought Davies was more than a little unlucky for the first penalty. It looked like he did get a touch on the ball first.

And Dembele. What more can you say but Christ on a pogo stick.

True he does keep losing possession around the opponents' box but I for one am quite happy for him to keep on taking them on.

Why? Good chance he'll buy a free kick in a dangerous area.

Agreed.

We need to allow our forwards to take risks and understand that they will not always come off.
If you don't try things, you won't create things.

Agreed.

We need to allow our forwards to take risks and understand that they will not always come off.
If you don't try things, you won't create things.

Yeah but the best players create things without constantly giving the ball away.

I’m not having pop at Dele - obviously he’s still very young and talented. I’m just saying the amount he loses possession isn’t an inevitable consequence of creating as much as he does.

At first I thought Lloris could have done better with the first goal but after watching it again I can't fault him.

Vertonghen was dependable as ever, the rest of the defence ranged from downright awful to below par.

Dier's passing again left something to be desired. At what point does Poch stick Wanyama in there? He's been back well over a month and Dier hasn't exactly had his best season despite the odd great game.

Dembele has been different class in the last two games.

Alli was OK I guess, good assist for the first goal.

Lamela was Lamela. Worked extremely hard but still not quite enough end product for me. I know he's highly rated on this forum but I don't share that view personally. I think Son should start the next league game.

Eriksen arguably had his best game of his Spurs career! I still get the feeling that he is under appreciated by some.

Kane took his goal well. Wasn't impressed with his effort to try and win a penalty as it easily could have resulted in a booking.

Poch gets a 9 out of 10 as we totally bossed the game for 80 minutes.

Yeah but the best players create things without constantly giving the ball away.

I’m not having pop at Dele - obviously he’s still very young and talented. I’m just saying the amount he loses possession isn’t an inevitable consequence of creating as much as he does.

I think for a young player developing it is. Losing the ball is the inevitable consequence of trying something and it not coming off. Jermaine Jenas is what happens when a player is scared to try things.

I thought we played well as a team, some played better than others and that is to be expected. This club and team is based on performing as a unit which can reach a level of consistency week in week out. I've seen enough Spurs sides that rely on 1 or 2 players and can get a result now and then and I much prefer to see this unit.

Sisokko and Aurier have not played as well as we had hoped, but they are part of a team effort, but their every error is magnified by the pointless bile poured on them, even when they play well previous errors are mentioned, they will never be any good in some people's eyes. I thought apart from the penalty Aurier was ok, he never went missing, his positioning was good and he looked to support all the time.

Back