• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

A tad harsh, no? We don't really have much to base an opinion on other than hearsay.

If he wants to continue in football he has to take responsibility for his actions.
He is no longer a child.
It’s hard out there, his call.
IF he has mental problems then that a different situation.
But are there plenty of jobs at McDonald’s

If he wants to continue in football he has to take responsibility for his actions.
He is no longer a child.
It’s hard out there, his call.
IF he has mental problems then that a different situation.
But are there plenty of jobs at McDonald’s
You seem to know him personally. How does he behave in training? Work hard? Slacker?

"It is believed he failed to arrive on time for a single training session and was also late for team meetings, much to the bewilderment of Norwich’s senior professionals."

Late for every single meeting for 12 whole weeks.

The guy had an opportunity to impress after Poch demoted him from first team training to youths but decided to sulk instead.

You seem to know him personally. How does he behave in training? Work hard? Slacker?
Not a clue. Other than He was one of the most exciting kids I’ve ever seen, exceptionally gifted but slight in build.
My attitude is the world is his lobster and it’s down to him if as it looks like he can’t be assed.
Then......

"It is believed he failed to arrive on time for a single training session and was also late for team meetings, much to the bewilderment of Norwich’s senior professionals."

Late for every single meeting for 12 whole weeks.

Not really the sort of thing which impresses Poch is it?!?

On my commute this morning I was listening to the TFC podcast and Tony D said something interesting... Tony D is a 40+ year old rapper who works with "problem" kids nowadays. He is very urban. He said that often the "problem" kids don't have a problem at all, they just don't relate to their teachers etc.
Maybe Edwards needs someone similar to talk to and relate to; he probably doesn't relate to Poch, Lloris, Verts et al.

http://worldbattlerap.wikia.com/wiki/Tony_D

I recall reading that Ehiogu was exactly this for a number of the Spurs youth players.
I didn't want to say anything like it at the time, but having a non-white role model in the coaching set up seems a very valuable thing to, on an apparently superficial level, help retain and engage some young players.
On another level, it's a very deep thing. It speaks to identity and who you see yourself as and whether there is someone around you that you truly believe understands and can show you the way by speaking with experience and insight.

Not a clue. Other than He was one of the most exciting kids I’ve ever seen, exceptionally gifted but slight in build.
My attitude is the world is his lobster and it’s down to him if as it looks like he can’t be assed.
Then......
My point is that everyone outside the club is making assumptions about the kid's attitude, and he is a kid, based on hearsay and gossip. I wouldn't be too quick to judge him based on that sort of evidence. If the club gets shot of him then so be it but for now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

My point is that everyone outside the club is making assumptions about the kid's attitude, and he is a kid, based on hearsay and gossip. I wouldn't be too quick to judge him based on that sort of evidence. If the club gets shot of him then so be it but for now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

He’s not exactly the tracking back type of player!
So he won’t be a Poch type.
It’s great shame The way it’s going for the lad ATM. He must though be made to take responsibility for his actions and behaviour like at Norwich.
I honestly don’t know how you deal with the “I’m a star” complex in a youngster.
@parklane1 is your man with this type of experience.

The rumours are more that he's a shy introvert i thought, rather than a billy big gonads 'im the star' type

You would think this type of introverted character would be less inclined to play up and step out of line?
And as for turning up late that would cause attention and that would be an embarrassment, very extrovert?

You would think this type of introverted character would be less inclined to play up and step out of line?
And as for turning up late that would cause attention and that would be an embarrassment, very extrovert?
Some people are self-destructive, whatever their outward behaviour might suggest.

Anyone who has seen him play would acknowledge his attitude needed to improve if he wants to be a team player, his ability at youth level is not an issue but the game doesn't stop when you lose the ball and he didn't seem able to understand that, I could never understand why he was made captain of some teams, perhaps the club wanted to show him how much they he could lift the team. As I've said many times before talent is not enough and it would be a great shame if he does not fulfil his promise.

Which of us can really know what’s happening with Marcus.
Maybe he is a billy big b@llox who has got way ahead of himself.
Maybe he just couldn’t settle at Norwich, or felt immediately on the back foot by the manager’s initial comments about him.
Maybe, for all his exceptional talent, he does not have the motivation needed to make the next step. (Not making a direct comparison but remember Bentley who said he simply stopped enjoying football). He’s now at a stage where talent alone is not enough.
I am sure both Poch and McDermott will be having frank discussions with Marcus and his reps (father?) about the way forward for him. Showing disrespect for his manager, coaching staff and team mates by not turning up on time (if true) will be a big no-no for Poch - but if he was not like that when at Spurs, why did he change at Norwich? Was it the wrong loan destination for him?
Perhaps being sent back will be a bit of a reality check and will give him the impetus to progress.

If he was late for every single meeting he would have been told after the first, to get a new watch of buck up his ideas. He did not so it shows a poor attitude like those kids at school who deliberately walk in late. I would actually release him on a free now personally. He is an attention seeking taco if he was going late into every meeting and a waste of space.

Back