• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

Just happy the lad is working his way back up
the football pyramid under his own steam.

why we didn’t use him as an impact sub instead of the toothless Njie etc or shield him from hype, I’ll never know. It shows his character and quality to be able to start again and prove himself at a series of clubs.

I saw him play a lot and he was a carbon copy of Tubby, could do things others couldnt but wasnt interested when he lost the ball and would drift out of games. Leaving us was a wake up call he needed. He usually got in his age group for England squads but wasnt used much.

Works best for all involved - we defer the sell on fee, Vitoria get more.
We roll the dice on him getting a big money move (15m is fudge all these days) in the future.

Yes - I have no idea if this happens in reality but it makes sense as you say. Good point about the selling club being able to achieve a higher transfer fee this way - all good for the player too as it oils the wheels for moves to bigger and better things.

I saw him play a lot and he was a carbon copy of Tubby, could do things others couldnt but wasnt interested when he lost the ball and would drift out of games. Leaving us was a wake up call he needed. He usually got in his age group for England squads but wasnt used much.

He was nothing but trouble when we loaned him to Norwich and his attitude stunk the place out. Billy big gonad*s was his name to the coaches who worked with him. Maybe he has relized that you need more then talent to progress.

Just happy the lad is working his way back up
the football pyramid under his own steam.

why we didn’t use him as an impact sub instead of the toothless Njie etc or shield him from hype, I’ll never know. It shows his character and quality to be able to start again and prove himself at a series of clubs.
He's been in Portugal a while now, I wonder if he'd learnt/learning Portuguese?...usually a good sign that he's knuckling down and maturing if so.

What an unstoppable strike; I wonder if he can continue that kind of scoring. Huge talent, big chip on his shoulder, shame he was too immature to unleash his full potential whilst with The Mighty Spurs.

Back