• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

How does Rooney continue to get manager jobs? Who in their right mind thinks 'Yes! Rooney is the man to get us success'? His manager career has been one disaster after another.

Flick to Barca
Kompany to Bayern

2 empty seats filled.
Man U need to make a decision soon, or they might have limited choices for a new manager, if the sack Ten Hag

Kompany to Bayern looks strange, he did well to get Burnley playing football and promoted but didn't show anything in PL to signal that type of move.
I find it bizarre. Never got the hype but lots of people in the know rate him.

Don’t think he was all that in Belgium either was he?

The Kompany appointment at Bayern might have helped his decision, showing that some clubs will look at what a potential manager has done in context and not be persuaded by the last result (relegation). McKenna can stay at Ipswich another year or two (the four years just insures Ipswich some return) and if he keeps them up it will be like a third promotion in a row and his stock will rise. If they play decent football and go down it will be just the inevitable result of disproportionate resources.

He also must be looking at the chaos at Chelsea and United and thinking I don't need that. No need to risk his reputation at Brighton.

Kompany to Bayern looks strange, he did well to get Burnley playing football and promoted but didn't show anything in PL to signal that type of move.
Bayern relied heavily on advice from Pep. Also, for the type of football Kompany wants to play, one would think the players Bayern have, are more suited and capable of it than what he had at Burnley...

I find it bizarre. Never got the hype but lots of people in the know rate him.

Don’t think he was all that in Belgium either was he?
Not really
He ended up with a side that had money spent on it by Belgian standards (they made a profit on sales) but came 4th both times IIRC
Burnley spent a decent amount by championship levels too

What's Potter's plan do you think?
He's supposedly turned down jobs, biding his time allowing his absence to build a perception of him being a genius-in-waiting. Like a player who wasn't selected to play in a defeat was always the answer.

Danger is people will eventually stop talking about him (I havent seen serious mention of him for the any recent jobs - West Ham, Brighton, Bayern, Man Utd) and he goes full Curbishley.

Waiting for England?

Back