• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

I was just about to write about Bournemouth. Although I find it strange to sack Parker now, what I was going to write was that the teams he's managed, have all seem to be trying to play nice football, but incredibly naive and a bit lightweight. Parker seems like a nice bloke, but doesn't strike me as someone that sets up the team to try to get points, but rather wants to play his way regardless.
That said, Loosing 9-0 in the premier league is worthy of a sacking, regardless who you play.
Didn’t Southampton get beat by a similar margin and then went on a fantastic run? Isn’t that same manager still in charge now?

I was just about to write about Bournemouth. Although I find it strange to sack Parker now, what I was going to write was that the teams he's managed, have all seem to be trying to play nice football, but incredibly naive and a bit lightweight. Parker seems like a nice bloke, but doesn't strike me as someone that sets up the team to try to get points, but rather wants to play his way regardless.
That said, Loosing 9-0 in the premier league is worthy of a sacking, regardless who you play.

Nah. Anything above 5 or 6 nil just becomes a freak result. Not really any worse.

They won the one game they realistically had a chance of winning against Villa. The other 3, City, Arsenal and Liverpool was just a case of how many they lost by.
If the reason that he was sacked was the comments after the game and not the results, we'd see 5-6 managers sacked in the first month of every season if all clubs acted like that.

Who said they do? How much would it cost to make it pl quality? Forest has just spent £150m, will they stay up? Fulham have spent a fortune over the years, villa £400m, everton £500m. None are guaranteed to stay up.

Forest will stay up. They have a good manager and whilst I think they’ve made too many signings and risk team unity, the quality will be there to see them ok. Villa and Everton have been in the Premier League for multiple seasons. Lampard came in whilst the club seems to have financial constraints. Gerrard should have been the first Premier League manager sacked.

Whilst understandable, I think she would also have to own her part in it.

She'd have had to have talked to the manager before hand and told him what the budget was and the reasons why. If the manager disagreed he should resign. Not go yapping to the media.

Forest will stay up. They have a good manager and whilst I think they’ve made too many signings and risk team unity, the quality will be there to see them ok. Villa and Everton have been in the Premier League for multiple seasons. Lampard came in whilst the club seems to have financial constraints. Gerrard should have been the first Premier League manager sacked.

Which totally ignored my question. How much would they have to spend to have a pl quality squad?

On paper Bournemouth sacking Parker is a farcical decision; many top half clubs would lose three in a row to those teams. However, they did just hand out the lube whilst doing so, which is unacceptable so that might be why he's been told to pack his bags: it's one thing to lose, another to do so without any fight

Which totally ignored my question. How much would they have to spend to have a pl quality squad?

That’s a question with an unknown answer. What players are available? What players do they need? It would be very hard to place a specific figure on it without full knowledge of the market but I would suggest a couple of cheap experienced players plus some talented young players from the championship and league one may have helped.
If Bournemouth signed well then the younger players would have a good resell value. This would mean in the event of relegation Bournemouth would have assets which could be sold at a profit.

Whichever approach was taken there would be some element of risk and I guess Bournemouth weren’t open to taking risks.

That’s a question with an unknown answer. What players are available? What players do they need? It would be very hard to place a specific figure on it without full knowledge of the market but I would suggest a couple of cheap experienced players plus some talented young players from the championship and league one may have helped.
If Bournemouth signed well then the younger players would have a good resell value. This would mean in the event of relegation Bournemouth would have assets which could be sold at a profit.

Whichever approach was taken there would be some element of risk and I guess Bournemouth weren’t open to taking risks.

They have brought in 5 players, with a net spend of £25m. 3 of them free transfers including a goalie from barca. This after spending quite a bit in jan and making £100 in losses.
Bournemouth are a very small club with a stadium capacity of 11k. They are doing their best but the gulf between the prem and championship is huge. Forest have decided they are willing to go all out snd spend a fortune to stay up. But forest are a much bigger club than bournemouth. If they fail there would be a buyer to bail them out. Bournemouth fail it could be the end of the club.

They have brought in 5 players, with a net spend of £25m. 3 of them free transfers including a goalie from barca. This after spending quite a bit in jan and making £100 in losses.
Bournemouth are a very small club with a stadium capacity of 11k. They are doing their best but the gulf between the prem and championship is huge. Forest have decided they are willing to go all out snd spend a fortune to stay up. But forest are a much bigger club than bournemouth. If they fail there would be a buyer to bail them out. Bournemouth fail it could be the end of the club.

I’m surprised that the money isn’t there given how much money is in and around the area. With such areas as Sandbanks, and amongst the most expensive property prices, there must be money in and around the area.

I’m surprised that the money isn’t there given how much money is in and around the area. With such areas as Sandbanks, and amongst the most expensive property prices, there must be money in and around the area.

Ok they increase their ticket price by £10 for being in the prem. £10 a ticket, 22 home games 11k capacity. £2.4m extra revenue. Not going to buy you much.

Ok they increase their ticket price by £10 for being in the prem. £10 a ticket, 22 home games 11k capacity. £2.4m extra revenue. Not going to buy you much.

But they get extra TV revenue, extra sponsorship, there are other sources of income not limited to gate receipts. I know you are suggesting that they stay within budget, which to an extent I agree with, but feel that it’s not realistic to fighting to stay in the Premier League. I think in future Bournemouth will be bought out by new owners with a new stadium being built as I think it has great location, is family friendly club and could be set to achieve more. Maybe I’m just biased towards wanting good things for the club as they’re my local football league club.

But they get extra TV revenue, extra sponsorship, there are other sources of income not limited to gate receipts. I know you are suggesting that they stay within budget, which to an extent I agree with, but feel that it’s not realistic to fighting to stay in the Premier League. I think in future Bournemouth will be bought out by new owners with a new stadium being built as I think it has great location, is family friendly club and could be set to achieve more. Maybe I’m just biased towards wanting good things for the club as they’re my local football league club.

You specifically were talking about the people living in Bournemouth. That's what i was replying to.

You specifically were talking about the people living in Bournemouth. That's what i was replying to.

That was more directed at saying that there ought to be more money going in to the club, and the potential for someone with a lot more finance to buy in to the club or to buy the club as a whole. Of course not everyone in the local area has the same levels of finance.

That was more directed at saying that there ought to be more money going in to the club, and the potential for someone with a lot more finance to buy in to the club or to buy the club as a whole. Of course not everyone in the local area has the same levels of finance.

These are owners that took bournemouth from league 2 to the prem. Made huge losses on the way denim is estimated to have put £160m into the club since taking over.

Back