• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Man Utd ratings.

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Lloris - 7 - The guys mental but he made two great saves today as well as rushing out and helping us with his quickness off his line.

Walker - 7 - Comfortable today.
Dawson - 6 - Had a shaky start, at fault for the Welbeck goal.
Chiriches - 8 - Colossal. Might not be the best in the air but he was outstanding overall today, the calmness of his pass that lead to the 2nd, brilliant.
Rose - 7 - Didn't have the best of times in the first half but much better second, Valencia going right back was a big mistake from Moyes.

Lennon - 8 - Outstanding, the guy just loves it against Man Utd, so important to our play, excellent defensively, happy for the assist.
Capoue - 5 - Not his best game, passing was awful. His confidence is real low.
Dembele - 7 - Thought he was good, strong on the ball and kept things ticking in the middle.
Eriksen - 8.5 - Brilliant. What a player. So calm on the ball, excellent assist for the goal and great to see him net the winner too.

Soldado - 7 - Such a clever player, should have had an assist in the first half and a goal too. He is important to us in my opinion.
Adebayor - 7 - Brilliant header to start things off, had a slow start but he was great after his goal. Hope the injury is nothing serious.

--

Bentaleb - 7 - So young, yet so comfortable on the ball. I can definitely see big things for him. Reminds me of a weaker Pogba.
Chadli - 6 - Not sure about the sub, I thought he'd have gone on the left and we'd have put Eriksen behind Soldado but it never happened.
Kane - 5 - I don't think he's someone to lead the line, liked what I saw earlier in the season when he come in from the left. Loved his boot into the crowd though.

Lennon was my man of the match... Manures nemesis and Evra just cannot handle the little fella.

Soldado was excellent, his passing really is exquisite and his all round play is top notch. I just sincerely hope he can get a few goals now.

Lloris showed his worth in the last ten mins but I think his uncertainty in the other 80 was down to him not having too much confidence in the four in front so he tries to take responsibility. I like him though.

everyone else was good albeit at times shaky.

Dawson a 6? and Rose higher than him? yehhhh ok Mumorn.

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson -7
Chiriches - 7.5
Rose - 6

Lennon - 8
Capoue - 6
Dembele - 7
Eriksen - 7.5

Soldado - 7
Adbeayor - 8

Outstanding: Adebayor, Lennon, Sherwood

Above par: Vlad, Soldado, Lloris, Capoue, Eriksen

Par: Walker, Dawson, Rose, Dembele, Chadli/Kane/Bentelab (subs)

Below par: n/a

Bad: n/a

Dawson a 7 :ross:

I'm still having nightmares of him costing us the game.

AND IT FINISHED ABOUT 30 MINUTES AGO.

Dawson was bullish, brave and determined but technically he was awful IMO. His passing was panicky and flawed.

I really enjoyed Soldado in this game, thought he was excellent as a team player. Just needs some goals but hey ho - as long as he plays well and someone scores then so be it.

Walker was an interesting one - quite a mature performance IMO. Wasn't going gung-ho and bombing it forward all the time but being more defensive and not treading on Azza's toes (aka Glen Johnson - England).

Dawson was bullish, brave and determined but technically he was awful IMO. His passing was panicky and flawed.

I really enjoyed Soldado in this game, thought he was excellent as a team player. Just needs some goals but hey ho - as long as he plays well and someone scores then so be it.

Walker was an interesting one - quite a mature performance IMO. Wasn't going gung-ho and bombing it forward all the time but being more defensive and not treading on Azza's toes (aka Glen Johnson - England).

Has to be something they've been working on. Previous years we have seen Lennon nullified by Walker. But this season has been Lennons best in a while in my view. Mostly down to his partnership with Walker. When Walker bombs forward, Lennon drops back. It's brilliant.

-9- Ade
-8- Eriksen
-7- Everyone else.

Lennon and Soldado would be higher if they hadn't missed their chances and Dawson for me would be an 8 if he hadn't been so detrimental to our periods of play where we needed to keep the ball. Some of our team were taking a breather and he kept panicking when given the ball, hitting it straight to their back line or out of play.

Talking point for me: Chiriches has been done multiple times by a ball being played outside him to a striker running behind (countless times vs Southampton). Is this due to our high line, Dawson not communicating or Vlad's positioning?

Adebayor - 7 - Brilliant header to start things off, had a slow start but he was great after his goal. Hope the injury is nothing serious.

Was he coming off to be replaced by Chadli regardless? The switch was really quick, almost like he was already up and ready to go. I'm just hoping that Ade knew he was coming off so he decided to waste some time by being stretchered off.

Dont want to focus on any Negatives but this assesment is spot on....still deserves a 7 though...

dunno how to rate Hugo though....guy is a mentalist....

Was he coming off to be replaced by Chadli regardless? The switch was really quick, almost like he was already up and ready to go. I'm just hoping that Ade knew he was coming off so he decided to waste some time by being stretchered off.

Ade was down for a while. Chadli had probably been warming up prior.

LLoris 7 Good performance from Hugo. Always on the edge though..

Rose 7 Came back from injury when sherwood took over and results followed. Coincidence? Dont think so.

Dawson 5 Always at fault. Not good enough. Nearly cost us game today and should have given Stoke a 1-0 lead from a penalty a few days ago. Weak link.

Vlad 8 Solid & tidy.

Walker 8 Think we dont talk enough about how good and reliable this guy is. 8 so far for his season.

Capoue 7 Did the job. That kind of game suits him, play in front of the defense and just pass around and get stuck in. Cant really go forward so not really needed at home to a poor side.

Dembele 8 Strong performance again. Key player for us and would be for any team.

Eriksen 8 Seemed lost on the left at times but popped up with assist and goal. As mumorn stated, very calm on the ball. Very modric a like at times.

Lennon 8 Excellent. I have been on his back a lot because he is capable of these performances. We know he isnt a good finisher, but seemed to stop attacking the full back under AVB. Seems relieved that hes gone and we now have the lennon we had under Harry. Much better. Should have scored though but good runs.

Soldado 7 Fantastic pass for lennon early on. Involved a lot with Ade and enjoying the partnership. Should have scored though.

Adebayor 9 Leading the team and they love him as leader. A nightmate for United today. We need him back for Saturday. First name on the sheet. Enjoying his football just like under Harry.

Sherwood 10 Love him.

Last edited:
On another day Webb could have decided to give 3 penalties to Utd. He's made worse decisions in the past against Spurs.

Very glad we got the rub of the green today, a very nice start to the year.

Kane lumbering around up top should guarantee Levy gets out the cheque book!

Lloris - Curate's Egg.

Got two of the flyers right, one badly wrong which could have easily cost a pen. Some good saves down both sides and generally safe in the air. I love him as a player and as long as he works on his decision making then he could be great.

Outstanding: Adebayor, Lennon, Sherwood

Above par: Vlad, Soldado, Lloris, Capoue, Eriksen

Par: Walker, Dawson, Rose, Dembele, Chadli/Kane/Bentelab (subs)

Below par: n/a

Bad: n/a

Think Dawson was better than a lot of people gave him credit for, won a lot of tackles and a lot of balls in the air.

Soldado is interesting, brilliant in some of the build up, the pass to Eriksen for the goal, but needs to put away his chances.

Capoue/Ade did very well, hope they both can play next game.

Walker had a very good game, another one I surprised more people don't see.

Actually felt Rose again was our weak link, not enough going forward, not enough defending and sloppy with giveaways, we need a LB in this window.

Team effort and application deserves a mention, well done lads.

Lloris - Curate's Egg.

Got two of the flyers right, one badly wrong which could have easily cost a pen. Some good saves down both sides and generally safe in the air. I love him as a player and as long as he works on his decision making then he could be great.

He is great, look back at a couple of saves in the last 10 minutes, he earned us 3 points again.

-9- Ade
-8- Eriksen
-7- Everyone else.

Lennon and Soldado would be higher if they hadn't missed their chances and Dawson for me would be an 8 if he hadn't been so detrimental to our periods of play where we needed to keep the ball. Some of our team were taking a breather and he kept panicking when given the ball, hitting it straight to their back line or out of play.

Talking point for me: Chiriches has been done multiple times by a ball being played outside him to a striker running behind (countless times vs Southampton). Is this due to our high line, Dawson not communicating or Vlad's positioning?
You have to understand that today WellBack ran away from Dawson, the ball was over Vlad but if Dawson follows the manure player he will get in between him and the goal. Sherwood needs to talk with both of them, when this happens Dawson just has to run with the player nad not stop because it is chiriches's part of the field.

Lloris - 7.5

Walker - 7
Dawson -6.5
Chiriches - 7.5
Rose - 6.5

Lennon - 7
Capoue - 7
Dembélé - 7
Eriksen - 8

Soldado - 7
Adebayor - 8

A tad confused by the low/average ratings for Daws. Couple of minor things he did wrong admittedly but was excellent in the air today against a Man U team who had 13 corners.

Was better than Vlad (although not by much), it's just a lot less exciting to say one of our long term players had a great game.

Back