• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Man flu

First of, it's a cold, not man flu. Second of all, if you are having a day off for a cold, then you should get a prescription for a set of testicles. No one likes having colds, deal with it.

I'm sure I must have some level of allergy. I'm ALWAYS ill, right through the summer, in September and then at the winter. Feeling totally well is more of an exception than feeling like crap.

Oh and this bus driver really can't drive!! He struggles with the clutch, whenever he starts it's in kangaroo jumps and not smooth, really helps me feel better!!

I can feel something brewing and when it happens I'll be stuck in bed for a few days. I suppose going the whole weekend only eating some nachos for breakfast on Saturday, then surviving on beer, wasn't the best idea.

Anyone got any remedies for a chesty cough?

Its fudging killing me. I have downed some night nurse but has done nothing. I have had honey and milk and has done jack brick. I have had tea with honey and lemon and has done fudge all.

I want someone to open up my chest and pour some soothing mixture in there.

Ginola I have ust watched ugly betty - I couldnt get it up even if I had cilias or whatever its called

a cup of warm milk and a half teaspoon of turmeric mixed in, with a bit of honey to sweeten if you want, usually helps to clear up any cough problems

Making Turmeric Milk
In its most basic form, turmeric milk is simply a cup of milk heated with about half a teaspoon of powdered turmeric. Many recipes also call for a pinch of black pepper, salt, saffron, cardamom, caraway seeds, cinnamon, or ginger powder. A little sugar, honey or maple syrup offsets the astringency of the turmeric.

Taking Turmeric Milk
To relieve symptoms, drink a cup of warm turmeric milk two or three times per day. Indian naturopath Dr. H. K. Bakhru recommends taking it on an empty stomach for best results.

Ayurvedic Tradition
Ayurvedic medicine classes turmeric as a Kaphahara drug---that is, it is effective against conditions involving an imbalance of kapha (phlegm). Ayurvedic tradition recognizes turmeric as an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, antimicrobial, and antiseptic.

Western Medical Evidence
According to Medline Plus, laboratory and animal studies suggest that turmeric and curcumin (the compound that gives turmeric its distinctive yellow color) have anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric may also help in treating viral infections, although confirmatory human research is pending.

Precautions
While turmeric is safe in regular dietary amounts, it can cause stomach upset at high doses. Ask your doctor before using turmeric if you are pregnant or suffer from gallstones or bile duct obstructions. Do not take turmeric milk if you are allergic to dairy products.

I will stick to the milk and honey. I dont have turmerac hell I barely have milk haha.

its getting better - today i can actually think and not in pain like yesterday. Yesterday was horrible.

Never really get ill and when I do I deal with it without medication, worst thing for you in my opinion. Little bit of whiskey or brandy does the trick for me. I'm Indian though, we're some of the hardiest bastards around.

Having said that, I do have a man flu kit for the missus, includes a bell and everything. I also refer her to this website:

http://manflu.info/

I will stick to the milk and honey. I dont have turmerac hell I barely have milk haha.

its getting better - today i can actually think and not in pain like yesterday. Yesterday was horrible.

Milk those tits buddy im sure the is enough in there.

One remedy I have found which works quite well is when you can feel the beginnings of a cold and your throat starts to get scratchy gargle with iodized salt water multiple times a day. Sounds pointless but it has worked on more than a few occasions.

One remedy I have found which works quite well is when you can feel the beginnings of a cold and your throat starts to get scratchy gargle with iodized salt water multiple times a day. Sounds pointless but it has worked on more than a few occasions.

I read this yesterday whilst googling for remedies. Where the fudge do you buy iodized salt? and what the hell are we eating if its not iodized? UNiodized? what the hell is the difference. arghhhh

I read this yesterday whilst googling for remedies. Where the fudge do you buy iodized salt? and what the hell are we eating if its not iodized? UNiodized? what the hell is the difference. arghhhh

I don't even know the difference to be honest haha. When I have bought it though it usually says iodized sea salt on the label and is available in grocery stores.

It contains iodine.

Worldwide, iodine deficiency affects about two billion people and is the leading preventable cause of mental retardation.

It contains iodine.

Worldwide, iodine deficiency affects about two billion people and is the leading preventable cause of mental retardation.

Can't you get iodine poisoning from eating too much shellfish? PS I think it would be worth it

It contains iodine.

Massive problem, especially since they stopped using iodine for bread making and replaced it with bromine back in the 70s (if I recall), bromine knocks iodine out of the halogen chain due to it's lighter weight, causing thyroid problems, breast cancer etc.

Though I don't think taking iodine supplements are that good of an idea, you need selenium and a host of other companion nutrients, plus it is acid and lacking in alkaline minerals to help the body absorb it without causing other problems, much much better to get it in a live carbon base = kelp.

Maybe if more folks weren't iodine deficient they would 'get me' :-k :)

http://theiodineproject.webs.com/bromidesinbread.htm

Last edited:
It is in my opinion. Genuinely don't see the need to call in sick. Genuinely.

But what do you gain by not calling in sick ? You get paid sick time and if you have a few days off once or twice a year it isn't going to reflect badly on you in terms or pay or promotion etc..

I agree, most of the time people could struggle through work, but why bother if you get paid the same either way. Last time I called in sick I could easily have gone in, but I was genuinely ill so thought I'd be a mug not to take time off when everyone else it.

People who are ill should stay home. They just infect others with their germs and that massively effects productivity. Work is a breeding ground for disease. People touching light switches, door handles and security pads and buttons is perfect for the spread of germs. I'm lucky that I'm not ill regularly (1 incidence in 3 years) but if people are ill they should stay the fudge away from work. It's irresponsible to come in. My boss fudges me off because he makes people feel like they can't be ill and he martyrs himself when he's sick.

It's gonad*s IMO.

But of course we all know people who take the tinkle. My wife ha a worker who had 13 seperate incidents in 9 months.

Last edited:
People who are ill should stay home. They just infect others with their germs and that massively effects productivity. Work is a breeding ground for disease. People touching light switches, door handles and security pads and buttons is perfect for the spread of germs. I'm lucky that I'm not ill regularly (1 incidence in 3 years) but if people are ill they should stay the fudge away from work. It's irresponsible to come in. My boss fudges me off because he makes people feel like they can't be ill and he martyrs himself when he's sick.

It's gonad*s IMO.

But of course we all know people who take the tinkle. My wife ha a worker who had 13 seperate incidents in 9 months.

I think every office has at least one of them.. tinkles people off but hardly anything ever gets done!

Back