• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Malcom

Why waste the wages on Nkoudou or Edwards' game time? A 6th choice AM is the last thing we need

Initial reading your posts gives the impression of someone taking the p*ss but I suspect that you are actually deadly serious. Are you actually saying that we should not look at Malcom because of Edwards - who has been unable to get into the illustrious Excelsior team (and its world class squad) since the beginning of November - or Nkoudou??

Seriously?? I mean Seriously???

Malcom does not look like a player that we need. In fact, he looks a lot like Lucas Moura from the YouTube clips. We are well stocked in the attacking midfield area with plenty of different options. Would prefer to spend the money on a defensive midfielder or centre back and give Llorente and our attacking midfielders a chance.

Malcom does not look like a player that we need. In fact, he looks a lot like Lucas Moura from the YouTube clips. We are well stocked in the attacking midfield area with plenty of different options. Would prefer to spend the money on a defensive midfielder or centre back and give Llorente and our attacking midfielders a chance.
Would prefer to spend the money on security system cables.

Always nice with more attacking options, but yeah, I think we should prioritise an rb and a central mid as well.

Always nice with more attacking options, but yeah, I think we should prioritise an rb and a central mid as well.
This. We aren’t going to but a player to cover Kane and Son for two weeks, centre mid we are still light we Dembele gone and Wanyama broken so if bt some miracle we do buy anyone I think I’d be even more frustrated if it was in an area where they are unlikely to challenge for a first x1 spot.

Re rb, although I feel it’s the only position where our first choice wouldn’t at least compete if not displace any other top 6 first x1, unless either of the seniors goes I can’t see that happening.

If we gave away GNK and Janssen I wouldn’t a bit though. Players with no future at the club shouldn’t just be paid wages to make them seem like assets on paper.

Like I said in another thread I think our current injury problems could cause us to move this January where we might otherwise have waited until the summer.

Another attacking option allows us to move Eriksen or Alli deeper while still having options on the bench. Moura has been very hot and cold and I do wonder if we can keep living with Lamela's seemingly frequently returning injuries long term. We are also in a situation where Eriksen's future at the club is still uncertain.

If Malcom I don't know how to use the like button I don't know. But the club will know him as well as anyone we'll target I'd guess.

The only thing that he has in common with Moura is that he is Brazilian and of the same skin colour. Can people please get rid of the ridiculous idea that Moura is a dribbler. He is not and never was! Malcolm could be the dribbler we have been crying for to penetrate packed defences and teams that park the bus. Not to mention his remarkable ability to score spectacular long range goals - again another critical factor against these types of teams.

Right backs and defensive midfielders grow on trees and don't come especially expensive; a potentially world class forward of the likes of Malcom at a price we can afford and willing to come to us, is a once a decade opportunity.

If this no-brainer deal isn't done tout fcukin' suite, then it isn't because Spurs are to blame.

They have everything to offer this underachieving fcukwit in the form of a solid platform to grow his game - on and off the pitch - and if Barca can't see that they stand to benefit big time if he has a good run at Spurs, then they're as dumb as a bus full of crash test dummies and not worth wasting time with.

Two players per position - we currently have 5 for the 3 roles behind Kane, so are 1 short. Alternatively, if you look at the front 4 positions, we have 6 players for 4 positions, excluding Llorente who barely gets on the pitch and seem to be leaving anyway. Malcolm was rumoured to be a target a year or so ago and therefore I could see us signing him if he's become available again.

Agree that a CM is higher priority though. I reckon we'll end up trying to muddle through to the summer in CM though or perhaps, as rumoured GEnk want, sign Berge and loan him back

The only thing that he has in common with Moura is that he is Brazilian and of the same skin colour. Can people please get rid of the ridiculous idea that Moura is a dribbler. He is not and never was! Malcolm could be the dribbler we have been crying for to penetrate packed defences and teams that park the bus. Not to mention his remarkable ability to score spectacular long range goals - again another critical factor against these types of teams.

Right backs and defensive midfielders grow on trees and don't come especially expensive; a potentially world class forward of the likes of Malcom at a price we can afford and willing to come to us, is a once a decade opportunity.

Without claiming to know anything about Malcom looking at that YouTube he looks like a Son type who’s fast, dribbling and powerful long range shot - to me looks like could play as the forward aswell as AM. So a loan would make sense as we could do with cover there for a while and would be relatively risk free.

Btw what is Moura if he’s not a dribbler?:D

If this no-brainer deal isn't done tout fcukin' suite, then it isn't because Spurs are to blame.

They have everything to offer this underachieving fcukwit in the form of a solid platform to grow his game - on and off the pitch - and if Barca can't see that they stand to benefit big time if he has a good run at Spurs, then they're as dumb as a bus full of crash test dummies and not worth wasting time with.
Someone needs a hug

seems really similar to son - that's a good thing! I'd be on board if the price was right and the mentality is there to succeed. if obligatory loan option means we have to pay X amount no matter what and barca can back out if he does well, i'm less keen, but i'm pretty sure levy gets mugged off less than the average.

go for it!

Lucas not a dribbler? Not sure what constitutes a dribbler in your book, but I'd say he's a fine dribbler!

Back