• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Macbook Pro

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
Just got a MacBook Pro 13 inch. Very pleased with it. Can anyone recommend some good apps to download and tips for preserving the battery life?
I don't have any virus protection, do I need it?

What work do you do / like to do?

Did you get 'Life' with it?

You can download a free anti-virus software - although you'd be safe 99.5% of the time. Mine hasn't picked up anything for years. Can send you the link if you want

EDIT

This the one I've been using for quite some time

http://www.iantivirus.com/

Last edited:
2n62ck.png

Oh - and one of the most prominent forums you need to know

forums.macrumors.com

You'd find pretty much anything you need to know over there - friendly bunch in general

If you needs advice on specific work related apps - let me know and I can try and help out

Oh - and one of the most prominent forums you need to know

forums.macrumors.com

You'd find pretty much anything you need to know over there - friendly bunch in general

If you needs advice on specific work related apps - let me know and I can try and help out

Cheers Arc. I always turn the screen brightness down and also the keyboard lights. I've also turned the volume down and switched off bluetooth. I get about 5 or 6 hours usage out of it, is that good?

Sounds good - what do you do during that time? i.e. listen to music or render complex 3D images for example?

Back