• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luka Vuskovic

I believe we have to pre-sign the contract, don't think he's ours yet.

He won’t be ours but I assume we have a contact in place with Hajduk for the future transfer of him. We’d be silly to not put a stipulation in the contract about if he doesn’t play a % of games he can be loaned elsewhere by Hajduk. Although not sure how such a stipulation would work with regards to 3rd party ownership etc…

Might struggle to find teams who want to play a 16 year old in defence.

Crap thing to do from the club to such a young player.

What leagues should we (if we have that much say) be looking to get him into?
Might be seen as a bold move but why not the championship or league 1? He looks physically well developed already and that way we can keep a closer eye on him and maybe have him come to a few of our sessions to feel part of the club.

Dutch or German

2. Bundesliga in that case? Still very young and would be a big step up to play at the highest level in Germany I would think.

Hope he ends up somewhere where he'll get regular games. Not too concerned about where or what level.

Might be seen as a bold move but why not the championship or league 1? He looks physically well developed already and that way we can keep a closer eye on him and maybe have him come to a few of our sessions to feel part of the club.

Isn't there some work permit or some such regulations that stop us from signing/registering him until he's 18. I think that would stop him from playing for a Championship or League 1 team too.

I would think there was something stopping him from moving to England, other wise we could just loan him in and get him settled before his move.

I can only think of the Belgium league as well as the ones mentioned above already.

Brexit, unfortunately. I guess not having freedom of movement means that he can't be employed in the UK until he's 18. I've not heard about this affecting other clubs -- like Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project, who always seem to have plenty of foreigners in their youth setup, but it's probably just that I haven't been paying any attention to them.

This is a real problem -- the last thing you want to happen to a promising 16yo is for them to miss a year of competitive football. What sort of club would take a relatively unproven 16yo defender? Arguably only one that's some way below the level that he's been playing at Split, probably a club that's desperate enough for a defender to not care that he'd be moving on after a season. Ideally it'd be another team in the Croatian league, where he can focus on his footballing development rather than having to adjust to a new country.

Vuskovic's Wikipedia article says that his brother plays for Hamburg (HSV), who are now in the German second division. That would be a great move if it could be brokered, but I doubt it'd happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Vušković

The club's reaction there is fudging stupid

If he's that much of generational talent why would they not want to use him? because he leaves? that's the fudging nature of being a small club.

We have to get him a loan in January
The Split thing is weird if we're reading it right.
Perhaps they see little value in giving a youngster 12/18 months of games and then he's disappearing? ...and id suppose that is also dictated by other youngsters they have and how loaded they are at CH position?.

I thought his dad was involved in running the youth setup there, so I doubt the decisions made would be anything less than amicable?

The Split thing is weird if we're reading it right.
Perhaps they see little value in giving a youngster 12/18 months of games and then he's disappearing? ...and id suppose that is also dictated by other youngsters they have and how loaded they are at CH position?.

I thought his dad was involved in running the youth setup there, so I doubt the decisions made would be anything less than amicable?

Very weird, seems like there was a change in management, but even previous management seemed bricky

I doubt they have anyone on the books at his level, they got a good fee, just seems quite petty (smaller clubs as example leverage loans all the time, this is no different)

The club's reaction there is fudging stupid

If he's that much of generational talent why would they not want to use him? because he leaves? that's the fudging nature of being a small club.

We have to get him a loan in January

I feel that many would say playing a young talent that has already decided his future was elsewhere could also be representative of a small club mentality.

Perhaps the quotes are a little blunt and sure if they had an injury crisis at CB and still refused to play him it would be pure stupidity but I do get where their coming from.

I do think purchases with a loan back (noting that's not exactly what's happened here) definitely have the potential to become awkward - the player effectively says they think they're above the level of the selling club by securing a move to a higher profile one, but still hang around for a while in the same dressing room they possibly consider beneath them. Potential for resentment / stagnation. Obviously sometimes they work out well ie Dele at MK Dons but also can be a mess ie Jack Clarke at Leeds.

I feel that many would say playing a young talent that has already decided his future was elsewhere could also be representative of a small club mentality.

Perhaps the quotes are a little blunt and sure if they had an injury crisis at CB and still refused to play him it would be pure stupidity but I do get where their coming from.

I do think purchases with a loan back (noting that's not exactly what's happened here) definitely have the potential to become awkward - the player effectively says they think they're above the level of the selling club by securing a move to a higher profile one, but still hang around for a while in the same dressing room they possibly consider beneath them. Potential for resentment / stagnation. Obviously sometimes they work out well ie Dele at MK Dons but also can be a mess ie Jack Clarke at Leeds.
The Jack Clark one was (I’m told) at their request. dele was too but obviously he was already a starter for them
But it’s a gamble for any buying club I guess
Sarr and Destiny worked out well though

Might struggle to find teams who want to play a 16 year old in defence.

Crap thing to do from the club to such a young player.

What leagues should we (if we have that much say) be looking to get him into?
Maybe a different club in Croatia will see an opportunity?

Back