• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Long-term and short-term thinking

Huth was ever present
Schwartzer was on every squad as sub
They knew how to win

Was Huth really a first choice CB at Chelsea? Had him down as a back up/reserve - ill give you him then if so but not a keeper who got splinters all season - might as well go balls deep for Begovic if that's all that's required to make that final step...

Was Huth really a first choice CB at Chelsea? Had him down as a back up/reserve - ill give you him then if so but not a keeper who got splinters all season - might as well go balls deep for Begovic if that's all that's required to make that final step...

No I meant first choice at Leicester and sub at Chelsea (Huth)

He was in the squad every game so knows what’s needed (Schwarzer)
Don’t matter if you play if you can explain to the team what to do

That was in the January window this year so had half a season with him. I was talking about last summer.

But he was gone in the summer
They knew he was leaving ans spent the money on Keita (who isn’t there yet) and in January on VVD

No I meant first choice at Leicester and sub at Chelsea (Huth)

He was in the squad every game so knows what’s needed (Schwarzer)
Don’t matter if you play if you can explain to the team what to do

Yet our players who played week in week out for title winning sides don't count because it wasn't in a 'big' league.

Johnny Evans and Begovic in in the summer and we'd see an upturn in mentality as a result?

Yet our players who played week in week out for title winning sides don't count because it wasn't in a 'big' league.

Johnny Evans and Begovic in in the summer and we'd see an upturn in mentality as a result?

Who in our team are you referring too?

None that I’m aware of have won one of the big leagues, the ones with real pressure

Who in our team are you referring too?

Vertonghen Alderwiereld Eriksen Sanches Aurier Llorente, off the top of my head - all played as first choice players in sides which won league titles so know what it takes to do so...

Evans and Begovic then mate... What say you? - the missing pieces to the jigsaw...

Vertonghen Alderwiereld Eriksen Sanches Aurier Llorente, off the top of my head - all played as first choice players in sides which won league titles so know what it takes to do so...

Evans and Begovic then mate... What say you? - the missing pieces to the jigsaw...

Happy with Evans to replace Toby if he leaves

Brings league experience from a winning side under a great manager

Don’t need begivic as far as I’m aware as we have two better keepers

If Evans is available for £3m, then I'd sign him regardless of Alderweireld's position. If TA goes, then I'd spend the £50m we get for him on a like for like replacement

To me, Dier is a CM not a CB so Evans would mean we have 4 senior CBs plus Foyth. We've been pretty lucky with injuries/suspensions at CB in the last couple years and adding an experienced player who has won things, for a nominal fee, looks like a great opportunity

My first buy would be Rashford!

Someone like Rashford, Mane, Salah, Gabriel Jesus etc is the type of player we need - pacey and could play as a CF, off a CF, out wide etc.

Obviously none of those are get-able - we need to find the next one

14 games, 7 goals and 6 assists, Coutinho wasn't "gone" at all he was still there and playing well.
Fair call but the spent his sale money in advance as their investment
But of course thais players weren’t there at the beginning of the season

Someone like Rashford, Mane, Salad, Gabriel Jesus etc is the type of player we need - pacey and could play as a CF, off a CF, out wide etc.

Obviously none of those are get-able - we need to find the next one

Mourinho doesn’t play or seem to rate him........

Back