• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Livermore for Sunday? Thoughts?

and he was influencing them from the bench as well was he? ie prior to getting on the pitch?

In the first half we were getting pushed back and were certainly broken down at will once Modric and Parker were booked but we didn't have the complete lack of shape or structure like we did in the second half.

In the first half we were getting pushed back and were certainly broken down at will once Modric and Parker were booked but we didn't have the complete lack of shape or structure like we did in the second half.

Because Parker went a wandering.

Because Parker went a wandering.

It wasn't just Parker's fault. We played too narrow and allowed Arsenal to dominate the flanks. Adebayor was isolated and got less and less effective as the game went on and when we pushed forwards, we left massive spaces behind which was suicidal when two of our defenders where carrying injuries. I am not seeking to blame Sandro for the loss but he was poor (was anyone good?).

It wasn't just Parker's fault. We played too narrow and allowed Arsenal to dominate the flanks. Adebayor was isolated and got less and less effective as the game went on and when we pushed forwards, we left massive spaces behind which was suicidal when two of our defenders where carry injuries. I am not seeking to blame Sandro for the loss but he was poor (was anyone good?).

Parker was further forward than Van der Vaart for most of the second half.

For one of two players that were supposed to be shoring up the defence it was an atrocious performance from him. I know not one single player was to blame, but Parker was the lowest rated player out there for me.

Parker was further forward than Van der Vaart for most of the second half.

For one of two players that were supposed to be shoring up the defence it was an atrocious performance from him. I know not one single player was to blame, but Parker was the lowest rated player out there for me.

Whenever Redknapp has played Parker and Sandro together he has played Parker further forward. I'm never overly optimistic when I see Parker breaking into the box but Sandro popping up on the right wing didn't do much to improve our chances of getting anything from the game either.

The whole of the midfield played like school kids in the second half, mindlessly chasing the ball around the field and leaving massive gaps for Arsenal to exploit.

The game was a complete f*ck up. Our team selection was clearly wrong (but we do not know how match fit Lennon and VdV were). At half time Redknapp gambled on making two changes (which clearly did not work) but soon after that he had two defenders players carrying injuries so he could not risk bringing on the player that we needed (Lennon) because one of them might not be able to carry on.

No chance.

I said it early. PLAY THE BEST POSSIBLE TEAM.

Our best team we can line up is...

Freidel
Walker King Dawson/Kaboul BAE
Lennon Modric Sandro Bale
VdV
Adebayor

No point in trying to guess who will pair up well with who, which of our players will want to avenge the defeat more etc... Just play our best possible starting XI in the big games in a system in which they are all familiar

No chance.

I said it early. PLAY THE BEST POSSIBLE TEAM.

Our best team we can line up is...

Freidel
Walker King Dawson/Kaboul BAE
Lennon Modric Sandro Bale
VdV
Adebayor

No point in trying to guess who will pair up well with who, which of our players will want to avenge the defeat more etc... Just play our best possible starting XI in the big games in a system in which they are all familiar

I agree

I hate that I'm getting negative towards VDV but I can't remember him making a serious impact on a game since the game away to Norwich, am I forgetting something? Can we please have our old VDV back.

I hate that I'm getting negative towards VDV but I can't remember him making a serious impact on a game since the game away to Norwich, am I forgetting something? Can we please have our old VDV back.

I doubt he was fully fit, either way I would have played Lennon and Bale on the wings that way they could have aided their fullbacks

If Sandro came on against arsenal, and played for Brazil, then I wouldnt drop him for Livermore.

This is the first time this season he has a chance to stake a claim to be first choice, which hopefully means he plays out of his skin. You gain match fitness by playing.

Back