• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Livermore for Sunday? Thoughts?

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
I have fast come to the conclusion that given Sandro's need to find proper match fitness before he hits full stride, we'd be better off pairing Livermore with Modders on Sunday.

I suspect if there is one player along with Daws who is hurting after last weekend it is Jake.
Local lad, big heart and a very decent talent. He does the Parker role pretty well, not as aggressively as Scotty BUT he's diligent, hard-working AND can find a pass (Emirates Marketing Project away being a prime example)...

If it was away, perhaps a gamble, but at home, I think we need FULLY FIT players and players who will die inside for the badge.

Plus, if Saha has a good game midweek and looks fit enough, I'd start him and Defoe, asking Defoe to drop a little deeper and try to push from the sort of spaces Van der Vaart does...a gamble, but again, we need fully fit players out there...

Perhaps I should've put my last post in here:

So to summarise what I've been reading today:

Friedel - too old

BAE - liability
King - disabled
Dawson - league one
Walker - cannot defend

Bale - Mr Hollywood
Parker - clogger
Kranjcar - slow
Sandro - unfit

VDV - unfit * 2
Adebayor - scum with no heart

Quite how we are 7 points ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea, with a superior goal difference, is beyond me.

We have a team of cloggers, misfits, unfits, has-beens, prima donas and mistakes waiting to happen.

I look forward to the rebuild in the summer.

SERIOUS RELEGATION FEARS

Last edited:
Just gonna copy my post from the match-thread that I made in reply to your post there as it's probably better to continue the discussion here.

United are too good.

We need our best players on the pitch, if they don't perform we'll probably struggle. But with our 2nd best players we don't really stand a chance imo.

Sandro had been out for a while and came on the pitch against Arsenal at half time in a team that was completely disorganized, underperforming and very shortly after chasing the game against opponents who had the new found confidence of a teenager that just got his first shag. He was also part of a midfield that has (imo) rarely worked. Sandro and Parker in the same midfield is a no-go for me, especially when we need a goal. Against United it will be Modric and Sandro, will hopefully look much better.

Livermore for Sunday? Yes, I think he could be a good option and I'd trust him if Sandro isn't fully fit to start.

Thoughts? What would the Staypuff Marshmallow Man roast over the bonfire? Hmm People on sticks?

No. This is Sandro's game, he'll put in a man of the match performance and by Sunday night we'll have a thread asking whether Parker can get his place in the team back.

I would love for that to happen but I don't want Sandro to be rushed back if he isn't fit to start. I think we have to choose as many fit players as we can and not just chuck players in to the team who are 80% match fit.

Most will know that I've always campaigned for Sandro to get more playing time for us and so I'm not dismissing him because I don't rate Sandro. I think Sandro is a better player than Parker but am honest enough to admit that Parker has had a very good season this year.

Well Sandro is playing right this minute so he should be good to go on Sunday, unless he gets injured again.

Then, if Sandro plays well in the game tonght, he should start v Manchester United at the weekend. Are there any other doubts over players fitness?

I'm not even sure if I'd want VDV to start even if he was fit. I'm losing patience with him this year as he is consistently turning in poor performances where he will disappear and nothing happens.

Oh dear south stand, you've missed my point...oh well...

I thought it was a legitimate question to raise.

I love Sandro, but history tells us he has always needed a few games to hit full match fitness. I agree, if he has a great game tonight and looks match sharp, then yes...but a hunch tells me this could be Livermore's sort of battle to fight.

With Rafa, again Harry dropped the gonad* on Sunday. He needed to start 4-5-1 with Rafa when there is no game pace yet set. To bring him into an unfamiliar system off the back of an injury was just weird and bizarre. I felt sorry for both of them TBH, wrong system and wrong time. Is there anyone who genuinely thought Sandro was slotting into a three man midfield???? I absolutely thought he had come on to sit in front of the back four and take the sting out of their momentum; had he been deployed to do so, the third goal doesn't happen...

I'd like to see both of them start alongside Modric - with a front three of Ade - Bale - Aaron.

VdV to get off the bench as a STRIKER.

I'd like to see both of them start alongside Modric - with a front three of Ade - Bale - Aaron.

VdV to get off the bench as a STRIKER.

Unless we play Real Madrid or Barcelona (and possibly Man United/City away) I don't want to see us line up with two out of Sandro, Parker and Livermore ever again unless forced to by injury.

We need players on the pitch capable of turning defending into attacking, soaking up pressure into actually putting them under pressure.

Sandro had been out for a while and came on the pitch against Arsenal at half time in a team that was completely disorganized, underperforming and very shortly after chasing the game against opponents who had the new found confidence of a teenager that just got his first shag. He was also part of a midfield that has (imo) rarely worked. Sandro and Parker in the same midfield is a no-go for me, especially when we need a goal. Against United it will be Modric and Sandro, will hopefully look much better.

One of the main reasons for the team's lack of organisation was Sandro's lack of discipline

One of the main reasons for the team's lack of organisation was Sandro's lack of discipline

Hah, what?

Parker was roaming all over the pitch and your claiming it was Sandro's lack of discipline that caused the problems?

Perhaps I should've put my last post in here:

So to summarise what I've been reading today:

Friedel - too old

BAE - liability
King - disabled
Dawson - league one
Walker - cannot defend

Bale - Mr Hollywood
Parker - clogger
Kranjcar - slow
Sandro - unfit

VDV - unfit * 2
Adebayor - scum with no heart

Quite how we are 7 points ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea, with a superior goal difference, is beyond me.

We have a team of cloggers, misfits, unfits, has-beens, prima donas and mistakes waiting to happen.

I look forward to the rebuild in the summer.

SERIOUS RELEGATION FEARS

Simple proof that although everyone is entitled to their opinion some opinions on here are complete and utter gash

Simple proof that although everyone is entitled to their opinion some opinions on here are complete and utter gash

Oh I thought it was just another one of his attempts at being funny.
Was it serious?

Maybe he should look elsewhere for his entertainment then.

Dude you need to go and watch that match again because that is complete and utter tosh. I suggest during you second viewing you keep an eye on Parker in his new attacking role

Back