• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lionel Messi

The Ballon D'or is a tacky event. Looks like a Simon Cowell production.

Messi is the best footballer I have ever watched, so no complaints there.

He scores like Ronaldo, he assist like Ozil, he dribbles like Iniesta and passes like Xavi. Arguably the most consistent player ever too. Definitely the best I have ever seen. Love watching him play.

Found this when looking for info on Payet, but it's relevant to Messi.

This is for the 2014/15 season:

payet-chances-created-west-ham_3319828.jpg

This is why Messi is better than Ronaldo imo -- he creates as much as players whose job it is to create, and still manages to outscore everyone as well. The best ever.

And even then Messi was clearly better in my opinion :)

Ronaldo matched Messi in a far more dysfunctional team, he's also being amazing consistent (50+ goals, 5 seasons in a row, could make it 6 this year ..)

I have no problem with people who think Messi is better than Ronaldo, but to believe its not close ... I have to say I disagree, Ronaldo's last season with United and couple of the seasons with Real, where they were absolute brick, and he carried them .. something Messi has never had to do (not saying he couldn't, but he hasn't had to, exceptional player playing in consistently the best club side in the last decade in a fill your boots league ...)

Ronaldo matched Messi in a far more dysfunctional team, he's also being amazing consistent (50+ goals, 5 seasons in a row, could make it 6 this year ..)

I have no problem with people who think Messi is better than Ronaldo, but to believe its not close ... I have to say I disagree, Ronaldo's last season with United and couple of the seasons with Real, where they were absolute brick, and he carried them .. something Messi has never had to do (not saying he couldn't, but he hasn't had to, exceptional player playing in consistently the best club side in the last decade in a fill your boots league ...)

As alluded to above, I just think Messi is a far more rounded player than just goals. Don't get me wrong, Ronaldo's goal record is remarkable! He's got two great feet, good in the air, strong, a beast of a player physically when you add his pace to the equation. But Messi not only matches Ronaldo for goals, he creates for others at a ridiculous rate and his passing is good as Xavi at his peak. Not to mention his dribbling and overall skill.

When was Real brick? Just what seasons are you referring to?

Also remember that Ronaldo has always been the main man at Real. They've been set up for him to score loads of goals. With some fantastic players around him there to make that happen. That to me is not him carrying them, it's them being set up for him to be their superstar (as he obviously is).

Messi at least has been willing to be a team player. Has even shifted wide because the front 3 worked better that way.

La Liga is probably a bit easier to score in than the Premier League. But not by much.

Yep. I'd never heard of him before West Ham got him (I don't follow French football) but they got a real bargain there.
They have basically done the scounting and taking the risk for City, Chelsea and United , one of them will buy him next summer

Again it has been proven that ....

1) Messi is a big bottler when it comes to major Finals for Argentina

2) Messi won't win a major trophy for Argentina

3) Messi is just a poor man's Maradona

4) Messi simply not fit to tie Maradona's boot laces

5) Messi is not qualified to be mentioned in the same sentence as Maradona

Again it has been proven that ....

1) Messi is a big bottler when it comes to major Finals for Argentina

2) Messi won't win a major trophy for Argentina

3) Messi is just a poor man's Maradona

4) Messi simply not fit to tie Maradona's boot laces

5) Messi is not qualified to be mentioned in the same sentence as Maradona

Messi has done much more at club level which in todays world is much more important.

Messi has done much more at club level which in todays world is much more important.

Messi has proven himself to be a great player in a team of great players at a very well organized & managed club.

What he has not proved is his ability to lead his country to something significant (despite a wealth of teammates at that level as well)
or, his ability to play in more competitive club/league scenario (he just has not chosen to take that opportunity, not saying he wouldn't be able to)

Ability is not the question, but when you watch what Gareth has done for Wales, to say that Argentina hasn't even won Copa America with Messi?

it's a team game, it doesn't matter how good a player is, they cannot do it all themselves*, club football is a truer representation and the man has what? 4 European cups now, he's an exceptional footballer, one of the greatest of all time, that should be enough

*unless you are called Zlatan obviously

Agreed. Although for me Ronaldo has earnt more brownie points to be called the greatest of our generation by being successful at more than one club and more than one league.

You can ask big questions about whether Messi would be able to score as many in the Premier League and we'll probably be asking that forever as much like Pele never wanted to leave Santos Messi seems like he'll never leave Barca (except perhaps for a return to Argentina when he's well past it).

Personally I don't judge a player by what they have won. Messi is easily the best footballer I have seen with my own eyes.

Back