• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Levski Sofia thugs strip new coach

Modric THFC

Jimmy McCormick
http://twentyfour7football.com/fans-strip-new-coach-18509

Fans strip new coach
Newly-appointed Levski Sofia coach Ivaylo Petev has been stripped by club ultras angered by his appointment at his first press conference.
The fans believe that Petev is a supporter of bitter rivals CSKA Sofia and ruled that he is not fit to wear the club’s shirt, thus physically stripping him at the press conference.

Fans shouted at the newly-appointed manager, “You’re not welcome here. Get up, remove the shirt and go. Levski will not play under you as coach.”

Petev’s unveiling came the same day as former Levski player Slavisa Jokanovic’s sacking and now former chief executive Nasko Sirakov, who scored 206 goals for the club between 1981 and 1994, criticised the fans before announcing his resignation.

“This is the hardest day in my life. But I wonder if there’s another place in the world where the fans choose the coach,” he said.

Club owner Todor Batkov stood by his appointment of the coach who led Ludogorets to back-to-back league titles, saying, “It’s a stain on our club, this is unprecedented. But we stand behind our decision – Ivaylo Petev is the new coach of Levski.”

Petev becomes the club’s fourth head coach in the space of a year with Levski sitting sixth in the Bulgarian league.

[video=youtube;vyE8x8mxc7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyE8x8mxc7U[/video]

Sofia must be an absolute ****hole if people can just walk in and behave like this without anyone stopping them.

I wish our supporters had the balls to do that when Sugar appointed Graham

You wouldn't get into a press conference in the first place. If you did and you even said something security would be all over him. Its looks like Bulgaria people in criminal gangs can do what want.

That is un-****ing-believable.

I can't think of what else to say about it. I'm pretty gobsmacked actually.

Ivaylo Petev has resigned as Levski Sofia head coach after having his shirt removed by angry fans during his first press conference.

The 38-year-old was presented to the media at the Georgi Asparuhov stadium on Tuesday, but a group of supporters, accusing him of having an allegiance to arch rivals CSKA Sofia, removed some of his clothes.

Petev, who denied the claims, said: "I thought over things a lot, listened to the opinions of my family, which is important.

"I'm not a criminal, I'm not a thief, but yesterday I felt exactly like that. What did I do to deserve this?"

Levski chief executive Nasko Sirakov said of the attack: "This is not my Levski, and these are not our fans. It's a shame and a disgrace to the name of The Apostle (Vasil Levski)."

Vladimir Vladimirov, chairman of the team's national fan-club, retorted: "We'll not allow this Petev to be coach of Levski. We'll not retreat from our position. I'm not speaking on my behalf but on behalf of thousands of Levski supporters."

As a result of Petev's departure, Levski assistant coach Antony Zdravkov will take charge of the club until the winter break.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-resigns-after-being-confronted-by-angry-fans

Fair enough move really.

I wouldn't say he was an idiot. Passionate about whats right and wrong in terms of what the club does. I agree there is better ways of doing stuff but sometimes when people are idots like the current chairman of Sofia people have to make a stand.

If you hadn't guessed I'm a believer that there should not be a crossover between clubs... that is Tottenham and Arsenal. How deep that goes, well I am super ****ed we have brought in the Goon Architects for the stadium, although I cannot be mad at a kid (under 18) dropped by Arsenal and picked up by Tottenham and wishes to say a big fcuk you back to the dark side. Seasoned players can fook right off IMO no matter how good they are, and guess what the likes of Van Persie would agree with me, its only the mercenary no other twunt will have them type Arsenal players that would join Tottenham, and really who wants them. lol See Adebayor thread. :p

Last edited:
Animals. Hope they were arrested for assualt and banned for life by the club. Of course they wont be.

You do wonder where security was. You could tell right from the minute they came in they were up to something, from the way they were shifting about.

Back