• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Level 2 Football Coaching Assessment

evening peeps.

Got my level 2 football coaching assessment on Saturday and Sunday and am absolutely bricking it. I've left it really late and I still don't know what to do for my training session.

Are there any coaches out there that have done their badges or are on their way to getting their badges at all? if so what did you do for your topic, did you pass first time or fail?

My topic is on Turning and I have an idea of what to do but I just don't think I'm ready.

Keep it simple and straight forward or try and make it cool with cruyff turns? Got to do it in front of like 17 people, but I know them now as have been with them on all the course dates and they are in the same boat as me but it really scared I'm going to fail. The only plus side is I get a few more goes at it.

Any help much appreciated..

GGG
X

haha did all that you said... and passed!:) Did the course with Nethercott, absolutely top bloke and got to know him pretty well as spent 9 whole days with him in total.
On my way to becoming a coach I guess, and hopefully at our lovely club as my mate is a coach for the academy and said he would try and help me out.
I wonder if one day I could manage our beloved club.....you lot would love that haha

Well done mate, I started my badges back in the 90's and worked for the FA for several years as a youth team coach before I retired, loved every minute of it.

There is nothing better then seeing a young player improve and see him doing what you have tried to show him.

Well done mate, I started my badges back in the 90's and worked for the FA for several years as a youth team coach before I retired, loved every minute of it.

There is nothing better then seeing a young player improve and see him doing what you have tried to show him.

I have had that pleasure, not at your level I might add, but yes, so very rewarding.

I have had that pleasure, not at your level I might add, but yes, so very rewarding.

One of the reasons I stuck to youth team coaching is the joy you get when you see a young player improve, and that is the same at any level. Good luck to your son and coaching in America is a great job.

One of the reasons I stuck to youth team coaching is the joy you get when you see a young player improve, and that is the same at any level. Good luck to your son and coaching in America is a great job.

I managed to marshall a side between the ages of 9 and 15...several of those kids had first shown up thinking they could pick the ball up outfield. By the end we'd got to the league finals twice in a row, winning one and losing one. We had an awful first season. I gathered them in, took away their Pokemon cards and any gameboys (all the rage back then) and asked them to trust me. I said I would teach them to play football not hoof the ball and sprint after it, that we would lose a few games but long-term we would be great. They bought in. I think my proudest moment as a coach was watching their first 5 pass goal, literally rolled from the back to a defender and then one touch-pass up, across and back into the channel for one of the strikers to finish. We always made a big deal of celebrating as a team, and I insisted that anyone who made a space-creating run received the first back-slap/hug. share some stories here parkland and other youth coaches, please...as you rightly said, it is so uplifting.

I have been level 1 for years and went for my level 2 about 3 years ago but could not complete one of the days due to being called into work at short notice so had to do it all over again. Not had the time to do another level 2 since and to be honest with the teams i coach i do not really need that qualification at the moment.

Level 2 is just based upon progression and the way you approach training (i.e stop when the kids fudge up and the way you go about how they correct the mistake).

Congrats on passing the course, it does open up a few doors if you are looking to make a little cash while coaching.

One other thing I did...after the pre-game warm-up, a few minutes before KO, Id have them lie down, arms and legs out, eyes closed, controlled breathing, silent, and Id talk them through thr game they were going to enjoy, the fun they would have and the importance of being only in the moment of the game. Sounds hippy I know but it was teaching them to visualize their performance. I think it was a successful thing. Later on, a few said they still used the technique but just seated with eyes closed. And I never yelled from the side. I would encourage and if there were issues, I would remind them to keep their shape and focus or call the captain over to pass things on. Kids do not respond to touchline yelling IMO. Half-time was when we'd correct things...I miss coaching, when I have more time again in the future I will get back to it...go live the dream GGG!

sounds good Steff!

Im 32 and just starting out really, got a full time job in the smoke but want to start doing it at weekends and stuff and see how I get on. When did you stop coaching then?

Back