• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lest we forget

The Fatman

Espen Baardsen
Today is the anniversary of great Britain declaring war on Germany. We owe so much to all the men and women of that era. R.I.P to you all.:terry:

Last edited:
100 years ago, wowzers, are there many survivors of the war left I wonder ???

Harry Patch (1898 - 2009) was the last Tommy to die.

RIP to all those that made the ultimate sacrifice.

"Their Name Liveth For Evermore"

remembrance-poppy.jpg

Last edited:
2 replies wow!

The true gentleman and boys who fought for our country shall never be forgotten.

Would like to mention my favourite ever quote from Harry Patch and perhaps one of the greatest quotes off all time:

Harry-Patch.jpg

RIP on all sides those men and young boys who needlessly died.

I didn't see this thread yesterday. I'd like to share my respects too. RIP to all those that lost lives during the war.

The bravery that those living through the war times displayed, in the face of such conditions, can only be admired. So many have their lives for their country so that we could enjoy freedom.

We should never forget just how much these people gave for us. Thank you.

2 replies wow!

The true gentleman and boys who fought for our country shall never be forgotten.

Does the amount of a replies on a football forum really matter? Showed my respects yesterday by going to memorial service in town ever so sorry for not posting on here tho

Does the amount of a replies on a football forum really matter? Showed my respects yesterday by going to memorial service in town ever so sorry for not posting on here tho

In the grand scheme of things no and credit to you for attending.

Fantastic history podcast on WW1 from Dan Carlin at Hardcore History (easy to find on any podcast aggregator). Multi part series and not yet finished, with a massive wait time in between the episodes, but well worth a listen for anyone interested in learning more about WW1.

This particular anniversary should be time to reflect on the reasons war started and why their was such a clamour to sign up.

Be they brave and honourable, foolish or selfish.

Remembrance Sunday stands for sacrifice and.must remain sacrosanct and undiluted for many more years yet.

Back