• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

I just wish he'd shoot more. There have been chances this year (most notably against Lazio) where he had a chance to shoot but he decided to try and pass it across which came to nothing. Just have a shot on goal, if it doesn't go in, it might come off the post, force the keeper to push it out to our player or better yet, go in!!

For me, this is "normal" Lennon, he's now played 6-7 games in a row, his confidence is back up, big threat.

That's why having Townsend is a big deal for me, Lennon doesn't have to play every game, and he can come off between 75-85 mins, hopefully that reduces his odds off picking up an injury and we can see how well he plays if given a long unbroken run.

Can't believe people still believe this "Lennon can't cross BS" that is media garbage from a long time ago. Take a look at other wingers in the PL and see how many times they put the ball in row Z, Lennon very rarely if ever does that, and quite often his ineffective crosses are because we don't have people attacking the box.

For me, this is "normal" Lennon, he's now played 6-7 games in a row, his confidence is back up, big threat.

That's why having Townsend is a big deal for me, Lennon doesn't have to play every game, and he can come off between 75-85 mins, hopefully that reduces his odds off picking up an injury and we can see how well he plays if given a long unbroken run.

Can't believe people still believe this "Lennon can't cross BS" that is media garbage from a long time ago. Take a look at other wingers in the PL and see how many times they put the ball in row Z, Lennon very rarely if ever does that, and quite often his ineffective crosses are because we don't have people attacking the box.

On the point of Lennon crossing, I'd like to see him mixing it up again like he was before his injury. It was what gave him the highest assists rate for the first half of the 09/10 season. Complete mixture of deep balls, cut backs and across the face of goal. The FB just didn't know when he was going to release and he got I think 9 assists from August to December and a couple goals to boot.

If he can get back to that, being unpredictable, then I reckon he'll start flying... Oh, and SHOOOT! :)

On the point of Lennon crossing, I'd like to see him mixing it up again like he was before his injury. It was what gave him the highest assists rate for the first half of the 09/10 season. Complete mixture of deep balls, cut backs and across the face of goal. The FB just didn't know when he was going to release and he got I think 9 assists from August to December and a couple goals to boot.

If he can get back to that, being unpredictable, then I reckon he'll start flying... Oh, and SHOOOT! :)

5 assists in 1 game against Wigan too, must be some kind of record!!

It was a classic lennon goal wasnt it. all his goals are like that. he normally scores about 3 a season so would be interesting to see if he gets more. in terms of his crossing he doesnt seem to be very good at the whipped in beckham style crosses (hence why he doesnt take corners). he quite often tries chips and straigt across the face type crosses. perhaps he doesnt have that much strength in his leg hence those types of crosses.

In terms of getting a ball in the right area and towards an attacker in all kinds of wingplay situations - I would say not only is Lennon not "poor" as the media like to make out - he is actually one of the best

His crossing tinkles all over the like of Nani and Ben Arfa for example

But I see why he is not universally rated - because he gets a criminally low amount of goals - those last two players being examples of what people will look past if you score some goals.

I just wish he'd shoot more. There have been chances this year (most notably against Lazio) where he had a chance to shoot but he decided to try and pass it across which came to nothing. Just have a shot on goal, if it doesn't go in, it might come off the post, force the keeper to push it out to our player or better yet, go in!!

He should definitely shoot more often. He is actually a pretty good finisher. I don't have any stats to prove it, but I would say that he converts a fairly high percentage of his goalscoring opportunities when he actually goes for goal. The problem is that he gets into those positions far too seldom, and when he does, he often looks for a pass rather tha going for goal. He needs to fancy himself more. He is polar opposite to Defoe/Bale in a way. They will pretty much always try a shot themselves in decent positions, even if a team mate is clearly in a better position.

That is an awesome stat :)

those usually his goals are the nail in the coffin. Villa, Wigan, Bolton, Liverpool in the 90th minute, Arsenal in the 90th minute. Chelsea at home though, beautiful goal!

nail in the coffin/ are u joking? it was an EPIC last second equalizer!!!!!!!!!

Has nobody mentioned that Lennon has earned an England call-up?

Yes, I did in the England thread.

A0761.jpg

Here's Aaron's record in full:

Goal 1 v Birmingham City, 2-0, March 18, 2006
Goal 2 v Bolton, 1-0, April 30, 2006
Goal 3 v Chelsea, 2-1, November 5, 2006
Goal 4 v Wigan, 3-1, November 26, 2006
Goal 5 v Cardiff, 4-0, FA Cup, January 17, 2007
Goal 6 v Bolton, 4-1, February 25, 2007
Goal 7 v Seville, 2-2, UEFA Cup, April 12, 2007
Goal 8 v Wigan, 4-0, November 11, 2007
Goal 9 v Sunderland, 2-0, January 19, 2008
Goal 10 v Arsenal, 5-1, League Cup, January 22, 2008
Goal 11 v Arsenal, 4-4, October 29, 2008
Goal 12 v Stoke, 3-1, January 27, 2009
Goal 13 v Hull, 2-1, February 23, 2009
Goals 14, 15 v Middlesbrough, 4-0, March 4, 2009
Goal 16 v West Ham, 2-1, August 23, 2009
Goal 17 v Birmingham, 2-1, August 29, 2009
Goal 18 v Wigan, 9-1, November 22, 2009
Goal 19 v Liverpool, 2-1, November 28, 2010
Goal 20 v Saudi Sportswashing Machine, 2-0, December 28, 2010
Goal 21 v Saudi Sportswashing Machine, 1-1, January 22, 2011
Goal 22 v Hearts, 5-0, Europa League, August 18, 2011
Goal 23 v Fulham, 3-1, November 6, 2011
Goal 24 v Bolton, 3-0, December 3, 2011
Goal 25 v Everton, 2-0, January 11, 2012
Goal 26 v Aston Villa, 2-0, October 7, 2012

How many assists does he have this season? And can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find the stat leaders in the prem this year?

Back