• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon&Bale V Townsend&Sigi

colin fishwick

Reto Ziegler
Is it even close? Last year teams were scared of our pace . Townsend and Sigi were fringe players. Levy&AVB said they would only sell Bale if improved us.

We have played these two for 15% of the season, Sigi has scored, but he is no winger. We simply can't afford to fritter away the season and points .

If Levy had said - " we are going to sell Bale, but don't worry we are going to play Townsend instead, would anyone of been optimistic or pleased?

We needed two new wide players, at one point it was going to be Willian and Lamela, had we done that and bought Eriksen for the 10 role, we would not be struggling so much for goals. Soldado and Defoe would have scored in open play.

We just don't have the tools to compete comfortable , hopefully we can limp on until January.

Last edited:
Wow if there is a poster more negative than Huddy and Shaney combined its you...

Unreal !!!

Go and support another team or something or write to Spurs asking them to fold !!!!

Ask me to rate our wide players again at the end of the season when everyone has settled in, it is clear who our manager's first choice is and they have had a decent run of games to judge them over.

Bale started wide, it has also been Lennon and Bale for the previous seasons.

Townsend and Sigi is a big step backwards, we can't possibly hope to get near top 4 with them occupying the wide places.

We are 7th and that is about right, given what our first X1 has been. The negative posters are the ones that have been proved right time and time again.

I hoped and hope this season will be different, for whatever reason we still far too weak. Sigi and Townsend sum it up.

433 , with those two as our terrifying wingers ? Can we really expects to compete . It is just sloppy thinking.

Townsend and Sigi is a big step backwards, we can't possibly hope to get near top 4 with them occupying the wide places.

We are 7th and that is about right, given what our first X1 has been. The negative posters are the ones that have been proved right time and time again.

I hoped and hope this season will be different, for whatever reason we still far too weak. Sigi and Townsend sum it up.

433 , with those two as our terrifying wingers ? Can we really expects to compete . It is just sloppy thinking.

What about the other 9 players and the squad who combined are a far better squad then we have had for the past 2 years

We sold players for a bit over £100m including Bale, the obvious standout player in our team and in your comparison. We then spent around £100m on new players to strengthen our team.

Yet you chose to compare Bale and Lennon to two of the players that were already here last season ignoring Lamela, Paulinho, Capoue, Soldado, Chadli and Eriksen in the process.

Ridiculous question.

It's just a wind up question. It's nonsensical, suggests that Willian was the answer and then completely ignores the other players that we signed.

I'm sure the Willian point was just to remind us all how the deal collapsed. As he's offered little to suggest that he was the final jigsaw piece.

Colin, if we were so much better last season, can you point me towards some positive posts you made in 2012-13 because all I ever read from you is negative, unrealistic, whinging?

What about the other 9 players and the squad who combined are a far better squad then we have had for the past 2 years

We have a deeper squad, but not balanced or complete . We have signed a lot of players and spend a lot of money, but somehow for 15% of the season we have played a reserve player from last year who AVB was prepared let go out on loan to another PL team [ when we were short of wide players ].

Somehow with all our hype and bluster in the market, we are still playing very mediocre players.

Dawson, Walker, Naughton, Sigi and Townsend 4 of whom were not really considered good enough for the first X! last year. One was considered surplus to requirements for the squad .

The 5 mentioned above are just not good enough, Walker being the only one who could be. You may be able to get away with one playing maybe even two, but five?

Does anyone think we have any chance if they all or most play in the X1?

If you do then fair enough, you are wrong IMO but fair enough. If you don"t then you must be able to see my point. We have far too many weak links, we are going into matches with players that are not even top 10 players let alone top 4 .

Eventually most will be dropped, but how far behind will we be how many points will frittered away, before it happens?

Back