• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Tonight was great just to enjoy watching a game at the Lane again - I'm sick of constantly being obsessed with top 4, and being angry and depressed when we fail to get it - let's just get back to enjoying watching our team play!

Tonight was great just to enjoy watching a game at the Lane again - I'm sick of constantly being obsessed with top 4, and being angry and depressed when we fail to get it - let's just get back to enjoying watching our team play!

This. Sums up why next season I'm lowering my expectations.

So gutted I could go and that it wasn't televised. Great to see everyone had a great time including the King himself :)

You could sense this was also a big reason why every man jack inside WHL enjoyed it so much. Where were you, Jan Vertonghen?

Just got back. Awesome. Just awesome. Teddy scored twice in front if us. Opened up his body for the first like he was about to enter a page 3 stunner. Sign Berbatov NOW. Beautiful atmosphere.

Holtby's going to get **** in training for getting nutmegged by Freund! Couple of promising kids on show. Chants of 'bale' every time McEvoy was on the ball! Buzzing. I want that atmosphere back.

Oh, and Ginola bossing CM!

zyguryhe.jpg

I got home at midnight but it was worth it. By far and away the most enjoyable match of the season for me.

Ledley what a legend

I too forgave Berba last night.

Howard Webb was brilliant as well.

I sang, I laughed, and I shed a tear for my hero, it was just bloody amazing

If only going to the Lane felt like that all the time

The love in the stadium for the King was evident

Still buzzing from a great evening and I have work in a few hours

just got back. what a great game. took my mate and my partner for their first games at the lane tonight and it was perfect

Just got home from an unbelievable night. Sang ourselves hoarse and even the west stand joined in with signing AND a Mexican wave!

Singing we want you to stay at Holtby was awesome and you could see he was visibly moved. Singing it at Howard Webb as well as telling him he's a Yiddo I'm still not quite so sure about but he took the two footed challenge from Holtby in good humour (before pushing him to the floor lol).

Freund done the lino's job before a fan did it to (you don't know what you're doing!). And we booed every time the Spurs XI got the ball or scored which was so massively bizarre!

Oh and Sherwood was displayed on the jumbotron and his name read out on the team sheet at quarter to 8 but not when they did it again just before kick off....maybe due to the chorus of boos, the majority of which (from my seat) appeared to come from the west stand.

Oh, and Ledley's boy scored a pen at half time, albeit from 6 yards out!

Way too much to remember but a night never to be forgotten nonetheless.

I really hope its full. I still remember Gary Mabbutt's testimonial with only 20 thousand against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and the toon fans out-singing us. I would have love to have gone tonight but have to work. They said 35k stood up to welcome King. I hope that is right as he deserves it.

If there were more than 500 empty seats I'll be surprised. And in reply to someone else, the money raised isn't going to Ledley, it's going to charity.

I had a ticket which I brought the day they went on sale but money troubles meant it would have been unwise for me to spend money on a train ticket. Absolutely devastated I missed it. :(

What an awesome awesome night. Went with my son in the west stand lower. Bought back so many memories of when we had our season ticket in the east lower. It was a mirror image view.
So many things to remember about last night. The fan as stand in lino (who the ****ing hell are you?) the songs,Bale,Bale,Bale for Mcevoy, Sherwood's picture getting booed almost involuntarily then everyone looking at each other and laughing.. The Mexican wave which was started by one fella in the Paxton lower.. Who are ya who are ya at the first X1 and then can we play you every week?
Seeing Rouel Fox turning it on along with Saha. Robinson singing, Freund clowning around,Ginola and Sheringham and Berbs.. And of course Ledders. Just a legend. This is my club, my one and only club. Bought tears to my eyes.

Thank you for the glorious times Ledders. You really are a legend

One of the most enjoyable nights I've had at the lane for a many a year, the atmosphere was brilliant, seeing all those legends together was simply brilliant

10330292_10154132867645475_3603588507412889326_n.jpg

and addicted to spurs on twitter got it bang on !!!

I urge every #THFC fan. For next season, we support unconditionally. We do everything we can do to effect things, positively, on the pitch

White Hart Lane was at it's very best. An atmosphere we haven't seen in a long, long time. We need to bring that back to match day. #THFC

A part of me had forgotten what @SpursOfficial were capable of. Tonight I was duly reminded. The fans, the players, everything. Incredible.

Last night got some of the love for THFC back I'll admit I've lost this season, sitting there seeing those players made me realise how much I love my Spurs and what an amazing football club I support COYS !!!

Just watching the video on the official site...looked like a proper send off for the big man.
Even more gutted I couldn't make it, sounded like the atmosphere was magic!

Amazing to see photos with Sheringham, Ginola, King, Anderton and Berbatov playing together! :)

I was there last night, and it was great fun....but I still feel it should have been a ledley XI vs a guest XI.

It was kinda sad to see ledley playing against our u18s when he could have been playing against the best opponents of his career

All in all a very enjoyable evening though, and I want holtby to stay!

One of the best nights I've had watching Spurs. Having two teams of Spurs players was apt and a fitting tribute to King, and unifying in a way that was needed after the season we've had. Nice to see all of the first team who are not going to the world cup out there on the pitch.

It's a shame in a way if Sherwood backed out of playing, because given the atmosphere last night I think he would have got a good reception and we could all have moved on without some of the bitterness that's been about recently.

=D> fcuking well said man =D>

Back