• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

00 - Kick-Off: Kick-off - we're up and running in Ledley's Testimonial

00 - A huge cheer as Ledley gets his first touch!

03 - 'Stand up if you love Ledley' rings around the stadium - 35,000 fans rise to their feet

05 - First chance - Davids beat Eriksen and released Berbatov, low cross just evaded Davids charging in for return.

06 - Late change for Ledley's Guest XI - Taricco has started in place of Tainio

Lol, sounds like Davids isn't taking it easy! Always felt like he's one of those guys who absolutely has to win no matter what he's doing!

It actually makes me so angry that this game isn't on TV or even Spurs TV. I would have loved to have gone to this game and I was looking forward to it since King retired but exams mean that I can't. Not only is it right after the season has finished so barely any of our first team players will play, but it's on a Monday night so there is little chance to go.

The planning of this game just sums up Tottenham's management this season and I am really starting to lose my patience with them.

To be fair I don't think the game sold out. So broadcasting it would take money away from Ledley which is the main reason the game is being put on.

You could argue income from TV rights but I don't think it has the appeal. SpursTV is now free so no extra money there.

11 - Michael Brown flies into a 50-50 with Michael Dawson - nothing's changed!

15 - Sub: First change for Ledley Guest XI - Tainio for Parker.

15 - Save: Friedel had to be alert as Anderton went for a chip - the keeper tipped over.

15 - Penalty: Ledley is bundled over by Dawson and Kaboul and referee Howard Webb points to the spot!

:ross:

16 - Guess who is stepping up to take it...

16 - Goal: Ledley drills the spot kick into the corner. 1-0 to Ledley's Guest XI!

17 - Save: Great reactions from Neil Sullivan, tipping over Sandro's header from Eriksen's cross.

20 - Fantastic cross from Sheringham on the right looking for Berbatov, Dawson just managed to glance away from him.

21 - Save: Sullivan there again, this time diving to his left to claim after Obika powered a header at goal from Naughton's cross.

24 - Good defending from Chris Perry, glanced away McEvoy's cross as Adebayor looked to ready to pounce.

17 - Save: Great reactions from Neil Sullivan, tipping over Sandro's header from Eriksen's cross.

20 - Fantastic cross from Sheringham on the right looking for Berbatov, Dawson just managed to glance away from him.

21 - Save: Sullivan there again, this time diving to his left to claim after Obika powered a header at goal from Naughton's cross.

24 - Good defending from Chris Perry, glanced away McEvoy's cross as Adebayor looked to ready to pounce.

I really hope its full. I still remember Gary Mabbutt's testimonial with only 20 thousand against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and the toon fans out-singing us. I would have love to have gone tonight but have to work. They said 35k stood up to welcome King. I hope that is right as he deserves it.

26 - Veljkovic into Fryers, great chance but who is there - Ledley makes a goal-saving block - in the 26th minute!

26 - As the clock says 26 minutes, a standing ovation for the King.

28 - Close - Anderton hits a low free-kick from 25 yards, it deflects off Berbatov and rolls just wide with Friedel stranded.

32 - Corner: The old Anderton-Sheringham corner routine almost worked again - Sandro read it though and made the block.

33 - Save: Sullivan reaction save to deny Obika from close range.

35 - Penalty: Adebayor brought down by a combination of Ledley and Michael Brown.

35 - Goal: Sullivan goes the right way but Adebayor plants the penalty into the corner. Spurs 1-1 Ledley Guest XI.

BndZPldIIAARmhi.jpg

32 - Corner: The old Anderton-Sheringham corner routine almost worked again - Sandro read it though and made the block.

33 - Save: Sullivan reaction save to deny Obika from close range.

35 - Penalty: Adebayor brought down by a combination of Ledley and Michael Brown.

35 - Goal: Sullivan goes the right way but Adebayor plants the penalty into the corner. Spurs 1-1 Ledley Guest XI.

BndZPldIIAARmhi.jpg

Ha ha, fabulous, just fabulous. Thanks for the pictures and updates.

41 - Goal: Teddy Sheringham makes it 2-1 to Ledley's Guest XI!

41 - More on goal - Anderton won possession, break on, Berbatov rolled in to Sheringham who planted into corner.

44 - Goal: Sheringham slots home for 3-1!

44 - More on goal - Friedel point-blank save from Anderton, rebound fell to Sheringham, who finished from close range.

45 [+00] - HT: That's it for the first half - Spurs 1-3 Ledley's Guest XI.

Just your average Spurs 1st half then.

Back