• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

LCBs

SpurMeUp

Jimmy Cantrell
Is Pau Torres our most attainable option?

Bastoni wanted to stay in Italy, Gvardiol will be lining up a date with Madrid, Martinez just went to United.

Hincapie could well be attainable too. Idk how good he is? Not the biggest CB, but skillful? I'd take any of them. Hopefully, the club are going all out to sign one of them or another LCB.

Is Pau Torres our most attainable option?

Bastoni wanted to stay in Italy, Gvardiol will be lining up a date with Madrid, Martinez just went to United.

Hincapie could well be attainable too. Idk how good he is? Not the biggest CB, but skillful? I'd take any of them. Hopefully, the club are going all out to sign one of them or another LCB.
Hincapie thinks he plays like Romero
Now I’ve not seen mega amounts of him but he has always looked decent. Can’t see the cuti likeness though

Hincapie thinks he plays like Romero
Now I’ve not seen mega amounts of him but he has always looked decent. Can’t see the cuti likeness though

I guess in size they are not dissimilar. So Torres would compliment better potentially. But wasn't Torres similar to Bastoni? He didn't want to leave. What is it with these big CBs? At heart they're mummys boys who want to stay close to home :)

I guess in size they are not dissimilar. So Torres would compliment better potentially. But wasn't Torres similar to Bastoni? He didn't want to leave. What is it with these big CBs? At heart they're mummys boys who want to stay close to home :)

Bastoni is out of our league

Torres more gettable, but as every weak goes by, we look less and less appealling

I think we need a centre CB more, that is assuming we continue with Conte and a back 3

Dier is not perfect but has held down his spot. At some points he has played well. LCB we don't have a steady incumbent. Davies is the best defender for the position but lacks physical presence and isn't great in possession. Lenglet just doesn't seem to have defensive awareness. Good on the ball often, but a liability defensively. It doesn't seem to take much to unsettle Lenglet. He's talented. Will have good games. But is shaky. A bit like Sanchez, the ability is there, but he seems to have moments of fog/poor decision making/low confidence.

Bastoni is out of our league

Torres more gettable, but as every weak goes by, we look less and less appealling

I'd go all out for Torres. The concern is a lack of pace, making it harder to play a high line. But right now we need some quality at the back. Long ago were the days of Verts and Toby. Now only Romero is top quality along our back line. Our back 5, 6 if you include Lloris, is lacking.

Our biggest problem at the moment isnt our CBs though. As I posted in the Conte thread, the biggest issue is his stubborness with playing a back 3 when our wing backs are poor

Getting a great LCB would be good, but need to play a back 4

More of a punt, Tiago Djaló. Right-footed, 1.9m, 22, plays for Lille, Inter rumored to be in for him. Can play anywhere along the backline - CB or fullback.

19. Impressive that a 19 yo is holding down a starting place in seria A. But too young/too much responsibility? Conte may not play him.

Yet on Thursday Rico Lewis was imperious against us.

The rumour anyway is that Scalvini is off to Inter in the summer to replace Skriniar, when he goes to PSG.

Yet on Thursday Rico Lewis was imperious against us.

The rumour anyway is that Scalvini is off to Inter in the summer to replace Skriniar, when he goes to PSG.
I’m not convinced anything much will happen in Italy money wise as they will all get caught now off the back of the Juve case

Last edited:
I'd go all out for Torres. The concern is a lack of pace, making it harder to play a high line. But right now we need some quality at the back. Long ago were the days of Verts and Toby. Now only Romero is top quality along our back line. Our back 5, 6 if you include Lloris, is lacking.

Pau Torres?

Lack of physicality more of an issue than pace imo.

Could be very good now, but if we move to a back four? Less convinced...

Pau Torres?

Lack of physicality more of an issue than pace imo.

Could be very good now, but if we move to a back four? Less convinced...

1.91 m. He's a fair sized lad, especially at this resolution :)

p244954_t449_2022_0_001_000.png

I've been throwing his name around a lot here in the hope that we were sniffing around. I'd much rather develop a highly-rated youngster than keep playing Dier/Lenglet/Davies...
We were heavily linked to him in December.

Back