• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Last Seasons XI vs This Seasons XI

Barcelona lost the first leg against Milan. We lost our last game.
We have more points like for like and also for the same stage.
We have a better manager and more better players. The players we had last season are playing better.
We have lost some great players but that happens.

Loris is definitely an upgrade on Brad, been impressed with him so far.

I don't think you can call King for Vertongan a draw, no matter how much we loved King, and still do, we have to admit that his performances last season were not up to the level of Vertongan this year.

Midfield we're missing the creativity and guile of Modric but Dembele is a decent replacement and Sandro stepped up big time this year.

Attack, this is where we are really down on last year, Were missing the adebayor from last year, thank GHod for Bale!

Manager, hard to tell at this point, if we collapse again then it's hard to make a case for AVB over Harry but at the moment I can't see that happening so ill give it to Andre.

To lose King, Modric and VDV and be a better team than last year is some going

A fact the sky 'pundits' fail to mention when saying 'i expect spurs to be up there'.....'he inherited a fantastic group of players' .....'just needed to carry the good work on' etc blah blah blah

With Ade's downturn as well, we have been lucky (or good judgement) that Lloris, dembele and Jan V are looking like v good signings from the get go.

AND African, imo the OP wasn't really looking for crisis comparison. However looking at Statto's table the meltdown started at Arsenal away (no surprise there) and continued until the painful performance at loftus road. The City away game earlier we were unlucky and cheated, the performance was good. So late feb-late april (to be pedantic about it)

I agree with you on that i had no bad feelings about the ongoing success/progress of the team after sundays loss, it defo didn't feel like 'the wheels have come off' type of performance. Individual errors that were punished, cut out those errors and we are good as new again. The players involved probably don't even need telling. In fact the way we came out in the 2nd half, and up until the walker error even surprised me, we were steamrolling them.

AND African, imo the OP wasn't really looking for crisis comparison. However looking at Statto's table the meltdown started at Arsenal away (no surprise there) and continued until the painful performance at loftus road. The City away game earlier we were unlucky and cheated, the performance was good. So late feb-late april (to be pedantic about it)

Agree with this. Arguably the 3 game run of sunderland away, norwich at home and QPR away is what killed us. Losing to Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton i could live with but thosw were shocking results and performances.

Broadly agree with the op, except to say that a relativly young squad is a year further along in development compared to last year. So i say we're about where we were in terms of strength.

Back