• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Re: Could Walker do a Bale?????

No, When Bale was a left back he'd get forward and look to get past the opposing right back. Walker will rarely go past the opposition full back in the final third something he would need to if playing further up the field. I also see Walker as one of those players that needs the game in front of him rather than being in the 'middle' of it as it where. As has also been stated his skill level is no where near what Bales is.

kpTtT.gif

:ross:

I wondered this a couple of seasons ago, when Walker burst onto the scene for us. But that was when Bale's main party trick was to push the ball past a player and just charge past them. What he has done since is add so much more to his game. His control, his accuracy or shooting, his touch. The way he now rolls the ball in front of him so confidently and almost arrogantly, preparing for the shot. He is much, much more clever now in how he will feint, and he also will give an opponent a genuine problem in thinking about which way he will go.

Most of that is flair and natural talent that Walker cannot simply add. But that's OK, he is an exciting prospect still and can still develop in his own way. Best thing he can do now is concentrate on the defensive element, because the attacking side will take care of itself.

Walker usually takes a touch too many when attacking losing the space he's created, and also doesn't have good consistency with the balls he puts in the box, he's got better, but still not good enough to be a winger. Don't see it happening myself.

I hate it when Walker's going full pelt and then he'll just ... stop .. and put his foot on top of the ball .... along with some silly step-overs .. killing all momentum.

... eventually wallopimg a cross way over everyone's head and past the goal for a throw in on the far side.

I think he's going to be our right winger at some point

However, that photo in the OP is a mystery to me

Edit. It's gone. Weird moment

nah. its a lot harder technically to play right wing. for one, you need a much better touch to play there compared to right back which a lot of people underestimate. and just because walker is a decent enough dribbler,it doesn't necessarily mean that his technical capacity is one that could allow him to become world class at right wing. but his current technical level combined with his physical attributes do mean he has the potential to become one of the best fullbacks in the world for me.

as for bale comparisons, well clearly walker is technically nowhere near bales level. and physically, hes not as quick or as powerful either. and i dont think he has the potential to reach that level either.

fair enough fella but it would be nice for you to at least give me your reasons why you find this hilarious.

Maybe because Walker is a brainless macaronic footballer, with nothing at all to his game except pace. Okey?

you dont play for a top team in the prem if all you have is pace imo.

but fair enough that is your opinion and your entitled to it.

What a stupid question

what????? would kyle walker flourish by moving up the pitch like bale did????????

a stupid question would be......will spurs fans ever be comfortable with a commanding lead!

He will never become a Bale, but hopefully he will become smarter and more tactically aware. His skill is adequate for a top level full back, and physically he's got almost everything. But he's got challenges in the football brain departement.

what????? would kyle walker flourish by moving up the pitch like bale did????????

a stupid question would be......will spurs fans ever be comfortable with a commanding lead!

Sorry, but Walker has a fraction of the ability on the ball which Bale has and, whilst Bale isnt the cleverest, walker makes him look like a footballing Einstein.

Walker and Bale are similar in terms of physical characteristics (pace, size, stamina) but thats it

Sorry, but Walker has a fraction of the ability on the ball which Bale has and, whilst Bale isnt the cleverest, walker makes him look like a footballing Einstein.

Walker and Bale are similar in terms of physical characteristics (pace, size, stamina) but thats it

No need to be sorry if thats your opinion then im fine with that.....just wanted a general discussion on whether walker could play higher up the pitch.

What I would like to see is walker play rm with a full back behind him obviously......to see if he can do what bale did and show us he has more to his game.

perhaps I was a little naive with the thread title and for that i appologise.

My argument would be how will we know the answer until his is tried in that position for a few games.........then we could rate him.

I worry because I think he will continue to make errors in that position as he has more attacking instincts.

who to say that in a more advanced role he may be more effective - but yes to reach bale's level......thats not what i meant by the thread title Bale i have used as the comparison as he progressed from full back obviously.

The only position I would try Walker away from RB is the position he started at and that is Striker/forward.

Walker is still learning. It don't matter very much this season and he is trying stuff out. I would rather he mnade his maistakes this season when it matters less. next season when we will be xchallenging for the title -then we can appreciate the learning process for a kjyle and others in the squad.
AVB is a awinner. of course qwe ant to win every game but I dont give aflying fudge about finishing 2,3,4.
i fancy we will get the final in the EL and the more euro games we get the better.

Back