• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

Did ok, was hoping for him to really put himself forward for a starting spot (like Foyth) considering Trippier’s current form and Auriers form since arriving at the club, but he didn’t quite do enough. Something like a 6/10 performance.

Hmm, maybe it's now more understandable why Poch doesn't play some of these youngsters atm...

I agree, a loan would probably be best for him atm

Hmm, maybe it's now more understandable why Poch doesn't play some of these youngsters atm...

I agree, a loan would probably be best for him atm
Well for all the noise about how good our academy is and how Poch brings through the youngsters there aren’t really any from our academy that have properly established themselves except for Winks is there? Poch tends to sign young players himself - the likes of Foyth,Dier,Dele,Sanchez etc....

We are affecting his development by keeping him here.

He needs to go on loan, he’s not going to get a look in here - rightly or wrongly - at the moment.

Must say I agree; indeed he should have gone out last January. There is a good player there but he needs games which he is not going to get at this rate. Pity we could not flog Aurier to Spain last summer; would have opened an opportunity for him. Am far more comfortable with the kid than the erratic enigma who is never more than a brainfart away from disaster...

Must say I agree; indeed he should have gone out last January. There is a good player there but he needs games which he is not going to get at this rate. Pity we could not flog Aurier to Spain last summer; would have opened an opportunity for him. Am far more comfortable with the kid than the erratic enigma who is never more than a brainfart away from disaster...

I think it would have been better to put KWP on loan from what i've seen; As bad as Aurier can be at times, he is a level above KWP in games vs good PL opponents. KWP is one for the future, but not now..yet...

He did ok going forward but shaky in defense, lost his man for their goal and also got knocked off the ball quite a lot. Like others have said he may be better off going out on loan for a season. Not sure he should be our number one RB yet.

Well for all the noise about how good our academy is and how Poch brings through the youngsters there aren’t really any from our academy that have properly established themselves except for Winks is there? Poch tends to sign young players himself - the likes of Foyth,Dier,Dele,Sanchez etc....
TBF I'd expect most informed fans to recognise how much the landscape has changed for Tottenham these past three seasons.

I tbelieve most would agree that Poch has taken us up a level since his arrival, consequently the pressure to hold our own at the upper echelon has become that much more intense. And regardless of what Daniel says. with the cost of the new stadium now spiralling up above a billion quid, there's no way we are going to be able to rival the spending power of our top rivals.

Being able to splash ever larger dollops of cash on 'shelf-ready' mega-stars they are steadily ratcheting up the level of competition that we are up against. This patently makes it even more difficult to produce a regular flow of outstanding youngsters capable of holding their own at the highest levels.

Hence the need to scour the world for bargain talents such as Son, Moura, Sanchez and Foyth. Meanwhile, in line with other top academies our own promising talents are increasing obliged to look to the continent for opportunities to progress.

Sadly it seems this is the way things are going, so the sooner we all sign up and accept the reality the easier it will be for us to deal with.

TBF I'd expect most informed fans to recognise how much the landscape has changed for Tottenham these past three seasons.

I tbelieve most would agree that Poch has taken us up a level since his arrival, consequently the pressure to hold our own at the upper echelon has become that much more intense. And regardless of what Daniel says. with the cost of the new stadium now spiralling up above a billion quid, there's no way we are going to be able to rival the spending power of our top rivals.

Being able to splash ever larger dollops of cash on 'shelf-ready' mega-stars they are steadily ratcheting up the level of competition that we are up against. This patently makes it even more difficult to produce a regular flow of outstanding youngsters capable of holding their own at the highest levels.

Hence the need to scour the world for bargain talents such as Son, Moura, Sanchez and Foyth. Meanwhile, in line with other top academies our own promising talents are increasing obliged to look to the continent for opportunities to progress.

Sadly it seems this is the way things are going, so the sooner we all sign up and accept the reality the easier it will be for us to deal with.
Absolutely agree mate, was just pointing out that our Academy players don't tend to really break into our squad to date under Poch. I guess a successful Academy can be measured in how much money they make from transfers when they are eventually sold to lesser teams if don't make it here....

Absolutely agree mate, was just pointing out that our Academy players don't tend to really break into our squad to date under Poch. I guess a successful Academy can be measured in how much money they make from transfers when they are eventually sold to lesser teams if don't make it here....

Bingo, of course all of the staff would like to see the academy produce first team players but even at that level there is always a lot players who do not have the ability to push on and do so. And on top of that we as a club are getting to the stage where we need to have if not the finished articule then close to it to make the team stronger.

All academy's have to show that there is a worth in doing what they do and if they can not provide players to become first team regulars then they have to show that the players who have to move on do so for a good price.

I've always been impressed by KWP since I first saw him but never saw him as a fullback, a wingback maybe but hit pace and attacking ability makes him more suitable to wide midfield player a view I hold on the boy at Fulham.

if they can not provide players to become first team regulars then they have to show that the players who have to move on do so for a good price.
Note that Kevin Stewart went to Liverpool for peanuts and they flipped him on to Hull for about £8m. That would have paid for the Academy for a few years, real missed chance.

Note that Kevin Stewart went to Liverpool for peanuts and they flipped him on to Hull for about £8m. That would have paid for the Academy for a few years, real missed chance.

i think he was at Liverpool for a few seasons before they sold him on, as you know a lot can change in 3 years. The club will not always get these things right.

Thats the point, selling Mason a few years back probably paid for the academy from then until now.

If we can produce footballers, even if they dont make it with us, they help further the club regardless.

O'Hara, Bentaleb, Mason, Townsend off the top of my head in the recent past, what? £30m+?

That can roll back into improving facilities, attracting talent, running the show - so every now and then we get a Harry Kane!

Thats the point, selling Mason a few years back probably paid for the academy from then until now.

If we can produce footballers, even if they dont make it with us, they help further the club regardless.

O'Hara, Bentaleb, Mason, Townsend off the top of my head in the recent past, what? £30m+?

That can roll back into improving facilities, attracting talent, running the show - so every now and then we get a Harry Kane!
Absolutely mate, sounds good to me....

Didn’t we get about £8m on Caulker too?

Oh, and livermore!

Completely forgot about them!

And even the like of Maghoma - doing well at Birmingham now, the Aussie lad at QPR (name completely escapes me), did we sell Fredericks to Fulham or was it a free?

All those ofdd 100's k make a difference as well.

Didn’t we get about £8m on Caulker too?

Oh, and livermore!
If the transfer fees reported in the press are correct, this lot of Academy graduates garnered us nearly £75million!

Nabil Bentaleb — £16m
Ryan Mason — £13m
Andros Townsend — £12m
Alex Pritchard — £8m
Jake Livermore — £8m
Steven Caulker — £8m
Jamie O’Hara — £5m
Tom Carroll — £4.5m

Pritchard another I forgot about!

Aussie lad I was thinking of, just checked as it was bugging me - Luongo!

I watch a fair bit of EFL football and highlights, and it amazes me just how often Im watching a match and thinking "he was one of ours, wasnt he?"

While we might not have made too many first team regulars, we are actually prolific at making Premiership/Championship quality players.

And that succession of professional footballers, at a good level, keeps not only the money rolling in but also players looking at our Academy as a place to be. I love it.

Aren’t we due a few quid ‘solidarity’ payment for Reo Griffiths as well.

Keenan Bennett’s £2m also. Plus maybe a sell on.

Who was the Belgian guy Azouli or something. Sell on fee there.

Same with Milos Veljkovic.

Adam Smith & Jamie Clapham both at Bournemouth now.

David Button at Fulham.

Will think of a few more I’m sure!

Back