• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kranjcar

He's looked unfit all season, I don't know why he doesn't just sort it out if he wants to break into the team, what else has he got to do all week? Unless he has recently bought skyrim there is no excuse

People always say this, but I think he is just naturally unfit! And his running style doesn't help, he looks like he's treading treacle from the very first second in a match!

I'm pretty sure he must follow the same training as the rest of the team, no?

it's weird to consistently disagree with the masses but i find myself at odds again. i think Niko aside from the fatigue was good both defensively AND on the ball. his passes were crisp, accurate and in tight spaces. very composed. some of his movement was very intelligent and had he more players moving ahead of the ball i have no doubt he would have found them. who knows what would have happened if we finally had a striker that was willing to take a gamble on nikos shot which was rebounded.

was impressed with his game on both ends of the field

it's weird to consistently disagree with the masses but i find myself at odds again. i think Niko aside from the fatigue was good both defensively AND on the ball. his passes were crisp, accurate and in tight spaces. very composed. some of his movement was very intelligent and had he more players moving ahead of the ball i have no doubt he would have found them. who knows what would have happened if we finally had a striker that was willing to take a gamble on nikos shot which was rebounded.

Agree with you AS, he had a good game.

what is your opinion of the Saha signing?

i thought i yelled it enough in various threads.

i am VERY happy with a squad player of saha's ability. especially if he can stay fit. the guy has real ability and whatever questions i had about him got answered last night. he can play as the lone striker in our team, he still has a turn of pace, and his ariel prowess is still close enough to what it was in the past.

i think also its a good signing for ade not to think he is undroppable. but i dont like what it signals to defoe.

Find myself agreeing with you on most things, no different here. Thought he was brilliant

People always say this, but I think he is just naturally unfit! And his running style doesn't help, he looks like he's treading treacle from the very first second in a match!

I'm pretty sure he must follow the same training as the rest of the team, no?

I swear even last season he never looked that laboured, might be selective hindsight on my part though

the way Krunchie runs makes it appear he is unfit or fatigued when in fact he is not and is perfectly fit. Its just that he is very one paced and has a kind of laboured way in how he runs. Its ungainly but he has always been like this. A bit like Chris Waddle in a way, he always looked tired and unfit too. The difference between the two is that Waddle had a change of gear and could up the speed when he wanted. However like i said Krunchie has only one gear which is to his disadvantage

Agree with you AS, he had a good game.

for me its was his passing and composure after so long out of the first team that was the cream.

i dont know but its like we've literally become perenial top 4 supporters over a few months of being in the top 4 alot. its not like that pass and move and pass again type game grows on trees. your midfield need to be in tandem with each , players need to show for the ball, open passing lane, and move the ball quickly. modric and niko actually went around looking for the ball and demanding the thing under all sorts of pressure and not losing their cool...just kept play ticking away

i thought yesterday was a fudging great performance.......for all intents and purposes liverpool, or at least a real version of them, should have humiliated us and forced us into error after error and should pressed us till we looked like we couldnt string 2 passes together....and yet somehow they couldnt. liverpool played better against city and man united (granted man united and city attacked them more but still)

that performance last night was hugely encouraging

and i cant believe this stuff about niko only being good for a team with their backs to the wall. how patronising for a player that seamlessly filled in for modric when he got injured for 4 months and helped us get 4th, playing good and dominating football.

but despite all this harry still favoured pienaar. weird

the way Krunchie runs makes it appear he is unfit or fatigued when in fact he is not and is perfectly fit. Its just that he is very one paced and has a kind of laboured way in how he runs. Its ungainly but he has always been like this. A bit like Chris Waddle in a way, he always looked tired and unfit too. The difference between the two is that Waddle had a change of gear and could up the speed when he wanted. However like i said Krunchie has only one gear which is to his disadvantage

this is exactly what i think, but i'm starting to doubt myself abit cause danishwhite, for all the times i dont agree with him, doesnt really throw generic stereotype out like that unless he's sure.

i didnt see Niko suffer out there at all, it looked bad by the time he came off but the guy that doesnt primarily put in that kind of work actually did, so maybe he did get tired but through the game he seemed alright.

you try telling VDV to defend like that and be disciplined, all you get is an article in the papers saying "i dont like that job. its not what i do"....

still gutted Niko has been put out to pasture for so long. what did he do wrong. bang jamie's wife?

OOOHH SHHIIT!!!....nah nooo way

Was very impressed with Kranjcar, he tracked back, made some very clean tackles, and in general is a very classy player with excellent passing.

too sexy a player to be a mere squad member

hopefully he finds a new home in the summer where he is part of the first team

What a strange thing to hope for as a Spurs fan. I hope he remains happy to be part of this great club, and keeps fighting for a place, and puts in good performances like last night when given a chance. With european football very likely to be back next season, he will have a massive part to play.

What a strange thing to hope for as a Spurs fan. I hope he remains happy to be part of this great club, and keeps fighting for a place, and puts in good performances like last night when given a chance. With european football very likely to be back next season, he will have a massive part to play.

He wont have a massive part to play just like he hasnt had a massive part to play in the last year and a half or so. Redknapp does not like to rotate, he will save his best players for the Premier League and Champions League, and i just think Krunchie is too good a player to be playing the odd domestic cup game and filling in for the first team when there is a big injury crisis. He played last night because VDV, Sandro, and Lennon were injured, and Pienaar has been sold. He is no longer one of redknapp's faves. Why shouldnt he be peed off and want to play elsewhere

This opinion doesnt make me any less a Spurs fan, its just that id like to see a player of his class playing more games because he is at his peak footballing years and he is a damn fine player who could be having more of an impact on the first team of another club. I love Spurs but i also love football and appreciate players with high skill having the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities on a regular basis

I didn't say he isn't tinkled off (in fact he himself said he isn't) but I would never want us to let a player of his ability to go if we don't have to. He will have a part to play, even more so in the CL as we will play more of our best players in that, then we did in the EL this season. Harry has learnt his lesson from last season and rotate more.
Spurs first, always first. If you're a Spurs fan you should never want a good player to leave, especially if they don't want to, even if they don't play that often. It's bizarre. So we should just have 11 great players, sell the rest of the good players, and have 14 mediocre squad players to fill in the spaces? madness

I didn't say he isn't tinkled off (in fact he himself said he isn't) but I would never want us to let a player of his ability to go if we don't have to. He will have a part to play, even more so in the CL as we will play more of our best players in that, then we did in the EL this season. Harry has learnt his lesson from last season and rotate more.
Spurs first, always first. If you're a Spurs fan you should never want a good player to leave, especially if they don't want to, even if they don't play that often. It's bizarre. So we should just have 11 great players, sell the rest of the good players, and have 14 mediocre squad players to fill in the spaces? madness

why is it madness to want to watch Kranjcar play week in week out? Id rather it was for Spurs, but because of Bale (in Krunchie's fave best position) he has no chance. So if not Spurs, then i dont mind if he goes elsewhere. I enjoyed watching Kranjcar play, even before he joined Spurs.

lets face it, he is well down the pecking order. He is not a natural back up to Bale, the same for Lennon(plus he hates playing down the right wing) whenever VDV has been out Redknapp has picked a striker (even Pav) ahead of Krunchie despite it being a role he could fill. Krunchie's face no longer fits the way Spurs play. Sadly.

Im a purist, i love his skils, and id love to see him strut his stuff much more often than i do.

Cool, we should sell Sandro then, we don't want good players in our squad that don't play every week. Huddlestone as well, Gallas, Defoe etc etc

Cool, we should sell Sandro then, we don't want good players in our squad that don't play every week. Huddlestone as well, Gallas, Defoe etc etc

those players have a better chance of games because they naturally slot in when one of the first team in their respective positions is out/dropped/rested

whats so hard to understand that Kranjcar's abilities and role no longer fit in with the way Spurs play. He plays in extreme circumstances when there is a big injury list. Dont believe me? look at how many games he's been involved in the last year and a half

Back