• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kit Thread

Just how much money must Adidas make to be able sponsor the huge list of athletes and sports teams all around the world with these kind of sums!?

If it was 1million here on this athlete and 1m there on this football team I would say thats good business and publicity but 750mill on just Manchester United alone.. they must be seriously loaded.

Whens the Under Armour deal up? With our promotion in America hopefully we'll be ripe for Nike to come in and replace when the deal is up!

Just how much money must Adidas make to be able sponsor the huge list of athletes and sports teams all around the world with these kind of sums!?

If it was 1million here on this athlete and 1m there on this football team I would say thats good business and publicity but 750mill on just Manchester United alone.. they must be seriously loaded.
They expect to make 1.5 billion over the course of the deal, so I guess it makes business sense to them, double your money.

That's looovely....if only they had centred the Saints badge it would have been a winner. =D>

i think so. theyve lost man utd and arsenal. new stadium coming up..

I think this is a decent shout, maybe the only thing stopping it would be the history with the gooners/our wanting to reach to the Asian market…I wouldn't be disappointed per se...

I can't see a sportswear firm sponsoring our stadium. They make money out of selling replica kits when they pay for the deal. There is no opportunity to make money on sponsoring our stadium and as they are better known than us, what is in it for them?

firstly, i agree with you milo, but, whats in it for anyone?

how do emirates monitise their arsenal stadium sponsorship?

It can only be to stop their broad terrorist fanbase messing blowing up and crashing Emirates fleet of aircraft.

Emirates were clearly trying to raise brand awareness in Europe. I would say that their sporting sponsorship has been largely successful on this basis, they were not well know before and are now.

Fair enough, personally if I wanted to raise brand awareness I'd slap my logo on a giant mechanical bird capable of traversing half the globe between fuel stops rather than labelling a football stadium but I guess they tried that.

Do Bolton still have the Reebok stadium.

Nike and us would be a good mix - I like their kits. Don't care about their **** history. They've taken Puma, we both had Adidas.

Do Bolton still have the Reebok stadium.

Nike and us would be a good mix - I like their kits. Don't care about their **** history. They've taken Puma, we both had Adidas.

Nothing to do with what we think, it's what THEY might think…I suspect Levy would love a Nike kit personally…I agree with Milo re:stadium, as nice as it would be in some senses, I think the smart money would be on some Asian-based financial firm...

I think Arsenals appeal to an urban and multi ethnic fan base ie most of North London is in part down to their association with Nike.

By contrast out very conservative (small c) image probably doesn't appeal to Nike's brand identity and so I don't see a natural synergy between us and Nike. That said they sponsor Everton.

Back