• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kind of OT - Disappearing thread?

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
I posted a thread yesterday with quotes made by Sandro for an interview in Spain where he stated he and Bale would like to play for Barca.

The thread has seemingly disappeared (I can't find it anyway) and I was wondering:

a) Why?
b) If it's been deleted by admin for some reason, surely the courtesy of a PM from the admins explaining why could be in order?

I totally understand the need for moderation etc, but it seems weird that a thread has just gone with no kind of explanation etc.

I'm not going to lie, I don't think some GG'ers could handle such a thread at the moment...

Last edited:
Where on earth would you want an explanation? In the merged thread? Do you want me to start another thread just to let you all know the thread has been merged? Do you expect a PM to tell you? Could I wash you car too pls?

Your the bloody one who asked for the thread to be merged too!!

Chill out fella. No need for the aggressive tone of the post.

Yeah maybe a PM wouldn't be a bad idea? It would take all of 5 seconds and would stop my age-addled brain thinking that maybe I didn't create the thread after all.

I just think it would be good practice that if an admin merges/deletes a thread for whatever reason the thread starter should receive a PM letting them know.

Oh and for the record, I didn't ask for it to be merged.

And yeah, my car needs washing.

Yeah maybe a PM wouldn't be a bad idea? It would take all of 5 seconds and would stop my age-addled brain thinking that maybe I didn't create the thread after all.

I just think it would be good practice that if an admin merges/deletes a thread for whatever reason the thread starter should receive a PM letting them know.

Why not click your username thats on any post you make and click view forum posts! :special:

Why not click your username thats on any post you make and click view forum posts! :special:

Because I'm old and have an age-addled brain.

To be honest I actually thought I had done that earlier, and thought I'd checked the Bale thread and couldn't see any sign of the thread in there. Dementia I guess.

Though in all seriousness, is it really that difficult just to pop a PM as a courtesy to let people know?

USUALLY..................

if we merge threads, we leave a shadow of the thread that has been zapped for a limited amount of time, so it is clear that it is now elsewhere (beieve it's a yellow/grey icon instead of the usual)
BUT, it is quite easy to miss this option and leave nothing, which seems to have happened this time.

Speaking of PMs, this could have been done via PM too, couldn't it? Didn't really need a new thread to ask the question.

I was just being facetious. Crawley is right. I will endeavour to merge threads with a greater consideration for the threadstarter

USUALLY..................

if we merge threads, we leave a shadow of the thread that has been zapped for a limited amount of time, so it is clear that it is now elsewhere (beieve it's a yellow/grey icon instead of the usual)
BUT, it is quite easy to miss this option and leave nothing, which seems to have happened this time.

Speaking of PMs, this could have been done via PM too, couldn't it? Didn't really need a new thread to ask the question.

I did PM an admin (can't buggering remember who now) and thought I'd put it out here in the hope someonone could ease my fears that Alzheimers had crept up on me by confirming there was such a thread.

Back