• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Killer Instinct/BMT

Beanbag

Helder Postiga
I cant remember the last time we have taken the Opportunity/chance to leapfrog other teams above us in the table following other results going our way. today being no different following the Scums result yesterday.

What is it with Spurs. Why do we lack that Killer Instinct and Big match temperment to go out and win the game at all costs.

Yes we can all blame Harry for his tactics and Subs but do our players lack BMT and if so how do you install that into our team. Does it come naturally or is it someting that is just imbedded in a player.

I dont know cos its not like we dont have any senior players on the field. Just really tinkles me off because had we taken our chances this season we would not be relying on Buyen Munich

I cant remember the last time we have taken the Opportunity/chance to leapfrog other teams above us in the table following other results going our way. today being no different following the Scums result yesterday.

What is it with Spurs. Why do we lack that Killer Instinct and Big match temperment to go out and win the game at all costs.

Yes we can all blame Harry for his tactics and Subs but do our players lack BMT and if so how do you install that into our team. Does it come naturally or is it someting that is just imbedded in a player.

I dont know cos its not like we dont have any senior players on the field. Just really tinkles me off because had we taken our chances this season we would not be relying on Buyen Munich

The mentality issue has been key this season, especially after our great run ended. For all their problems Woolwich have had 14 years of CL football and being in the top 4. It's consistent throughout that "club". That's why CL qualification and improving our squad is so important. If this group can qualify for Big Cup and add a couple of top, top players we could develop the mental side of things.

I think that you need to have more winners than beginners in your team. That doesnt even come down to age, as you can have experienced losers who damages teams with their 'loser' attitude. You need to have a manager who knows what it takes to win and you need players who are willing to cheat/dive and roll their way to success eg. if Utd win the league who will remember Youngs dives. As a fan you need to be able to overlook this and claim somehow there was contact.

I genuinely thought our mentality might change when we finished 4th two seasons ago. We started to score a lot of late goals in the following season too.

I think that you need to have more winners than beginners in your team. That doesnt even come down to age, as you can have experienced losers who damages teams with their 'loser' attitude. You need to have a manager who knows what it takes to win and you need players who are willing to cheat/dive and roll their way to success eg. if Utd win the league who will remember Youngs dives. As a fan you need to be able to overlook this and claim somehow there was contact.

I couldn't disagree more. The spirit of fair play ingrained in our club is what separates us from the scum and Chelscums of this world. Their is no honour in winning by cheating, I'd rather finish second and be honest and fair than win by cheating.

I couldn't disagree more. The spirit of fair play ingrained in our club is what separates us from the scum and Chelscums of this world. Their is no honour in winning by cheating, I'd rather finish second and be honest and fair than win by cheating.

Tell that to Chelsea who had a cheated goal in a Fa Cup semi and a racist captain sent off for kneeing a player in the back. Tell that to Utd who got 6 easy points by cheating against Qpr and Villa through a cheap and easy dive. Roll on a couple of years and the record book forgets this like the invincible season where for one example Pires dives and preserves their unbeatean season. The fact is there is no spirit of fair play and there is nobody who recognizes this as a good or bad thing until their team loses as a result of this.

I don't want Spurs players to dive and cheat, but lets face it, you are at a big disadvantage if you don't have at least one player who can pull an Ashley Young in the penalty area every now and then.

I agree that its a disadvantage if you dont cheat while you are also at a major disadvantage if you are not bankrolled. Tell me one advantage that gets you trophies if you dont have either.

Tell that to Chelsea who had a cheated goal in a Fa Cup semi and a racist captain sent off for kneeing a player in the back. Tell that to Utd who got 6 easy points by cheating against Qpr and Villa through a cheap and easy dive. Roll on a couple of years and the record book forgets this like the invincible season where for one example Pires dives and preserves their unbeatean season. The fact is there is no spirit of fair play and there is nobody who recognizes this as a good or bad thing until their team loses as a result of this.

The day Spurs start cheating is the day I no longer give a fudge.

Back