• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Thought he did ok but I'm not sure he's attacking enough for us as wing back (as opposed to full back). He just doesn't take his on enough

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
2 assists yesterday, 1 assist and another direct goal involvement against APOEL. Aurier runs around a lot, but zero assists so far and several rather poor crosses.

Of the two I disagree on who should be questioned about their attacking ability.

2 assists yesterday, 1 assist and another direct goal involvement against APOEL. Aurier runs around a lot, but zero assists so far and several rather poor crosses.

Of the two I disagree on who should be questioned about their attacking ability.

The two assists yesterday had nothing to do with his attacking ability though! One was a throw-in and the other a header from a goal-kick 10 yards inside our half and which their defender inexplicably then missed! Technically they were assists you're right, but don't really speak to his ability in attacking areas.

I agree Aurier needs to channel his energy and general 'running around' and become more productive with it (and also cut out stupid tackles). However two limitations of our team are that we desperately lack pace in attacking areas and also lack width - we're reliant on the wing backs to bring both. Trippier seems to play in front of the defence rather than take their left back on or threaten behind the defence

The two assists yesterday had nothing to do with his attacking ability though! One was a throw-in and the other a header from a goal-kick 10 yards inside our half and which their defender inexplicably then missed! Technically they were assists you're right, but don't really speak to his ability in attacking areas.

I agree Aurier needs to channel his energy and general 'running around' and become more productive with it (and also cut out stupid tackles). However two limitations of our team are that we desperately lack pace in attacking areas and also lack width - we're reliant on the wing backs to bring both. Trippier seems to play in front of the defence rather than take their left back on or threaten behind the defence
Quick thinking for the throw. And for the first he obviously picks out Kane for that header. Luck involved in that being two assists, but a lot of his other assist have been all skill.

He's very good on the ball, a very good pass and move player, links up well with the players around him and when given a little bit of space his crossing it's excellent.

I see no noticeable drop in our attacking play with Trippier on the pitch this season or last season. And I wouldn't have been surprised if he had made the difference had he started in some more games.

Decent game yesterday but i still feel he is wanting against the better clubs. Good squad player though.

Hmmm...are you just talking in terms of pace i wonder?
He did very well vs Arsenal at the Lane in April i thought. That is one team who i'd typically fear would expose his limitations, but he coped very well vs Sanchez and co...

Good game I thought.

2 assists as well;)

Good game for him to play, I thought. Teams that we can expect to domintate - his vision/passing/crossing ability becomes a massive factor in our game.

Thought he did ok but I'm not sure he's attacking enough for us as wing back (as opposed to full back). He just doesn't take his on enough

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think this goes back to the Rose/Davies yeahbutnobutyeahbutnobut argument.

Short version - theres more than one way to skin a cat. Personally I think Trippier is EXCELLENT in an attacking capacity. Its his defending that concerns me!

Hmmm...are you just talking in terms of pace i wonder?
He did very well vs Arsenal at the Lane in April i thought. That is one team who i'd typically fear would expose his limitations, but he coped very well vs Sanchez and co...

Not really, i just think is all round game is fairly good but his defensive awareness is not top class ( imo) and he will struggle against the better players.

Not really, i just think is all round game is fairly good but his defensive awareness is not top class ( imo) and he will struggle against the better players.
Compared to Walker I agree. Compared to Aurier so far I disagree. Compared to Aurier settled in and in form I hope you're right.

Compared to Walker I agree. Compared to Aurier so far I disagree. Compared to Aurier settled in and in form I hope you're right.

Trippier was left for dead by Martial last season ( a kid who can not get a starting position at Utd) and has looked fragile on several occasions against other teams, but i take your point and lets all hope that Aurier learns after settling into a much faster game then he is used too.

Trippier was left for dead by Martial last season ( a kid who can not get a starting position at Utd) and has looked fragile on several occasions against other teams, but i take your point and lets all hope that Aurier learns after settling into a much faster game then he is used too.

£60m pound kid that a lot of United fans have wanted as a regular starter for them. Meanwhile Aurier was hugely troubled by an APOEL Nicosia player not that long ago.

If we're comparing to Walker I agree. I think he's been one of the best full backs around when taking about his defending. Can only hope Aurier gets close to that level, would be huge for us.

For someone apparently so defensively suspect he doesn't get 'done' by the winger/forward he's marking much at all....

For someone apparently so defensively suspect he doesn't get 'done' by the winger/forward he's marking much at all....

He does by quick ones but let's not include any pool ones in tha a son they didn't even attempt to go down his side

He was excellent yesterday

Thought he was very good yesterday. Must administrasjon I was worried to see him starting, because I thought it would be at left back. But at right back he is quality.

He does by quick ones but let's not include any pool ones in tha a son they didn't even attempt to go down his side

He was excellent yesterday
I honestly can't remember a game where I've thought 'GHod that player has had Trippier on toast today' He's made the odd mistake but I don't see any attackers having really got the better of him over the course of a match....

I honestly can't remember a game where I've thought 'GHod that player has had Trippier on toast today' He's made the odd mistake but I don't see any attackers having really got the better of him over the course of a match....

Champions league last year against Monaco was a big one for me. He was killed by raw pace

Back