• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Just how poor are England

K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Paul Walsh
Both centrebacks are rubbish, don't mark, can't turn, can't pass over 5 yards. Midfield want to hold hands with the defence. Everyone looks scared. Scotland are a poor outfit being made to look average.

They're pretty bad. I think Hodgson gets a lot of the blame. All he has to do is sort out the defending, England have the players for a very effective counter attacking side if the manager could sort us out at the back.

Well we won't qualify for the World Cup and that will kick start a lot of recycled talk about how we need to invest in youth. What will follow is new academies creating no end result as the system needs to change, we can't just increase the number of production lines and hope for the best.

The way that the game us coached needs to change. Football needs to be marketed, the playing of I mean. We need youth going outside to kick a ball, not indoors collecting trading packs of Ultimate Team players on FIFA online. Invest in free indoor football sessions and more leagues, invest in greater prizes and get people in the media, with influence, regularly caught playing football and talking about it.

That's just a start and probably comes across as crap

They're pretty bad. I think Hodgson gets a lot of the blame. All he has to do is sort out the defending, England have the players for a very effective counter attacking side if the manager could sort us out at the back.

The players aren't good enough. The England manager ALWAYS gets the blame and yet he can't go and buy players like club managers, they're stuck with what they've got.

He's a very negative manager but I don't think even Fergie or Mourinho could win anything with this bunch.

It is possible to get results if you tailor the tactics to suit the players, but guys like Gerrard and Rooney do what they want to do anyway. Get rid of the superstars and get some enthusiasm in. The football will be tinkle poor to watch though.

I don't like watching England but absolutely loved seeing Lambert just score. First time I've felt some satisfaction from my national team for ages.

The players aren't good enough. The England manager ALWAYS gets the blame and yet he can't go and buy players like club managers, they're stuck with what they've got.

He's a very negative manager but I don't think even Fergie or Mourinho could win anything with this bunch.

Of course the manager gets the blame, you can drill sides to sit deep and defend well before breaking.

How often have we as spurs fans sat and attacked a team we deem 'inferior' and been unable to break them down?

Of course the manager gets the blame, you can drill sides to sit deep and defend well before breaking.

How often have we as spurs fans sat and attacked a team we deem 'inferior' and been unable to break them down?

That only gets you so far. Euro 2012 exhibit a, we defended well in that tournament bar the Sweden game, but when we came up against a truly top team in Italy, you just knew our only chance of winning was penalties.

I think the National Academy will be where the "cream of the crop" gather to train from an early age with the England youth sides, basically making sure that youngsters from the big clubs get the best treatment.

Nothing will change until we can produce players who are good on the ball. We need to start focusing on skill rather than physical attributes. More 5 and 8 a side games at younger age levels.

It'll make no difference when the same people are in charge of the set up and the Premier League holds all the power.

Yep

really the premership needs to be 2 teams smaller and we need a winter break, i would also suggest more international get togethers like the do in the rugby, does not always mean you have to play a match you can just let the coach do behind closed doors training.

For fear of becoming a caricature of myself, but when you have talented young english players like carroll and townsend and they are not playing regular in the top league either with us or some place else, that is the problem. Im fully aware of the EU law but my opinon on the EU is for the other side of this site.

Also i remember reading that each summer tournament england qualify for generates 1billion for the economy so i actually feel the government hae a duty to act to improve the standard.

Another thing, other teams in the world hae caught up with the old european nations. I actually prefer to watch the africans play football, they hae skill but don't fudge about like the spainish they play with pace, we get stuck behind the whole we must pass pass all the time when we should use our national characteristics and use power and pace.

Nothing will change until we can produce players who are good on the ball. We need to start focusing on skill rather than physical attributes. More 5 and 8 a side games at younger age levels.

Yup and competitive from early age but only praise to be given. No criticism, don't destroy confidence, just withheld praise until it is earned.

I think spurs and other clubs are starting to do this with some of our players but when their pathway to the first team is blocked the problem becomes they go to other lesser clubs who do not play the same way and they end up reerting to english type.

Unfortunately football now is all about results and staying in the Premierbrick. Teams will not take a long term view or gamble with young players, so the best teams will buy top talent and the rest will just go for hardworking hard to beat football. We played Hoddle and got relegated would a team do that today?

Also, managers can be sacked after 5 straight defeats these days so there isn't the time to develop youngsters who may take 2 or 3 years to blossom. You can talk about quotas all you like, but the players have to be good enough.

Unfortunately football now is all about results and staying in the Premierbrick. Teams will not take a long term view or gamble with young players, so the best teams will buy top talent and the rest will just go for hardworking hard to beat football. We played Hoddle and got relegated would a team do that today?

Was Hoddle the reason why we were relegated?

Back