• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juicing

Find myself really clucking if I dont have one in the morning now, it really gets me started in the morning...

Just bought q juicer. Decided to get a budget one to begin with and then progress to a more sophisticated one later on. Got the 30 quid argos one.

Must say I am impressed. I actually ended up with twice as much juice as I needed, a bit of a rookie mistake.

I went head first in and just threw in a couple of cucumbers a carrot and a couple of apples. Tasted better than I thought it would and cleaning it was suprisingly easy.

Whether its just a placebo effect but I feel better already!

Just bought q juicer. Decided to get a budget one to begin with and then progress to a more sophisticated one later on. Got the 30 quid argos one.

Must say I am impressed. I actually ended up with twice as much juice as I needed, a bit of a rookie mistake.

I went head first in and just threw in a couple of cucumbers a carrot and a couple of apples. Tasted better than I thought it would and cleaning it was suprisingly easy.

Whether its just a placebo effect but I feel better already!

Stick with it mate, it took me a few tries to get the amounts wanted right too

i have apple 2, carrots 3 and a thumb of fresh ginger each moring

Evening I will throw watermelon, blueberries, grapes maybe beetroot in the apple carrot mix

Firstly, Nice one Marky on the Crohns, glad to here that after the op all is going well.

Regarding these juice drinks, do they keep well. Freezable!?

Is there any recipes that you can add vodka maybe? Vodka jellies with a decent fruit mix.

How much is it better than say shop bought, is it cheaper. We currently get two large 1.3l bottles of orange juice a week which is like 4.50.

How much juice would you say you could get if one was to spend 4.50 on oranges (I'd presume Jaffa oranges). A five pack at Tesco is £2.10, how much juice would you get say with 10, so a cost of £4.20. (or buy oranges separately at 30p each so 14 for £4.20).

Marky the ones where you add ginger, are you savouring the flavour or are you gulping down as you say in 3 gulps because its a bit intense. Volume wise what are you taking down, 300ml.. pint!?

I had about 10 years ago an innocent raspberry and banana smoothie (or when they first hit the shops) for the first time and thought it was horrid, thus putting me of juicing or expanding outside of oranges, apples and blackcurrant.

We have thought about a juicer, because the other half loves sorbets with the ice cream maker, anyone that's made a raspberry coulis will know jucing raspberries is a big pain in the ****, do you know if juicers would catch the pips.

Thanks.

Last edited:
grilled chicke, sweet potato or rice and veg

Tesco do this whole chicken which is piri piri, £6. Buy cous cous and add the meat juices that run from the chicken mix into the cous cous like a gravy. Then take the chicken of the bones and chop, flake. Mix with cous cous. I'd imagine you could buy a better chicken and a better piri piri rub mix though. Might try that next week looking at this rub, Nando's own recipe .

There are some decent flavoured cous cous out there right now.. fav at the min We use 4 packs for 2 people. Leftovers can be had lunch next day.

Also roast two red bell peppers and take skins off.

Lovely. Has a bit of kick.

Sorry about the hijack. :oops:

Regarding these juice drinks, do they keep well. Freezable!?

Marky the ones where you add ginger, are you savouring the flavour or are you gulping down as you say in 3 gulps because its a bit intense. Volume wise what are you taking down, 300ml.. pint!?

Thanks.

YOu should drink the juice immediately really to obtain maximum nutrients and goodness

Mine are normally a pint and I dont mind the ginger now, I love the taste of all of them apart from the green ones, wow they are watery

YOu should drink the juice immediately really to obtain maximum nutrients and goodness

Mine are normally a pint and I dont mind the ginger now, I love the taste of all of them apart from the green ones, wow they are watery

I threw in a hand of spinach today too had some left over will have a small glass in the morning hopefully will hold some goodness still. Feel great.

Stick with it mate, it took me a few tries to get the amounts wanted right too

i have apple 2, carrots 3 and a thumb of fresh ginger each moring

Evening I will throw watermelon, blueberries, grapes maybe beetroot in the apple carrot mix

Just got a juicer for my birthday gonna give this a go :)

You still at this Marky?
And I assume the stuff goes in rough chopped, raw? Ginger peeled?

There is a product called Yonanas dessert maker. You simply freeze fruit ,put it through the machine and it makes ice cream. Looks pretty good

Just got a juicer for my birthday gonna give this a go :)

You still at this Marky?
And I assume the stuff goes in rough chopped, raw? Ginger peeled?

I used to slice the ginger up mate, veg topped and tailed

I have them occasionally, my 6 months of doing it seems to have ruined the enamel off my teeth though

There is a product called Yonanas dessert maker. You simply freeze fruit ,put it through the machine and it makes ice cream. Looks pretty good

Looks interesting! Can't find banana ice-cream anywhere so this could be the solution :cool:

£40 on Amazon mate.

Although this doesn't look too disimilar at £30:
It's gonna be sorbet but healthy. Dishwasher proof yay!

Back