• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Mata

just found this rather useful breakdown regarding last seasons TV payments...
PL-document-TV-12-13.jpg

so it appears only a fraction of the money is reliant on final standings Milo. anyway i also seem to recall reading that this season the side finishing bottom of the league would earn more than the winners of last seasons league - does anyone else remember reading that? that'd mean West Ham will be picking up over 60m (if info is correct) this season from the tv deal and makes light of GBs suggestion that the new deal is only worth an extra 35m in total for us over it's duration. id suggest it was that much (atleast) each year of the deal.

sorry for going off on a tangent here btw :lol:

so GB was quite a bit off with his idea that the new tv deal amounted to a one off 35m payment then?

so GB was quite a bit off with his idea that the new tv deal amounted to a one off 35m payment then?

Yep. The bottom club receive £65m this season.

There is a payment schedule for TV revenue on the Premier League website but it doesn't like the browser on my phone and it keeps dumping me on their home page.

cool, so getting back to the original point then - this new TV deal means we look to be getting an additional 30-40m each season - in turn increasing our turnover/profit by the same amount - until our wage bill eventually raises (which no doubt will happen as agents will be aware of the raise in TV money and will factor that in to any new contracts over the coming years) we potentially have an increased transfer budget whilst still being in line with ENICs history of breaking even overall financially as a club.

sweet.

anyway - someone was talking about Juan Mata or something?

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 1m
All agreed. Juan Mata will be a Manchester United player. 45 million euros. All will be announced very soon

gathering pace this now, with SSN reporting JM has told friends he is leaving Chelsea (doesn't mention who though)

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball
Chelsea have accepted a £37million bid for Juan Mata from Manchester United, medical expected to take place tomorrow. #cfc #mufc

Well a good deal all round. But I don't think he'll save Uniteds season.

Interesting to see how Chelsea's stance is changing regarding selling players to "rivals".

Well a good deal all round. But I don't think he'll save Uniteds season.

Interesting to see how Chelsea's stance is changing regarding selling players to "rivals".

Think its a poor choice, if I was a Cheat$ki fan I would be ****ed, they don't need the money, sell him in Europe ffs.

Cheat$ki's only real rivals in the PL are City/United over the long run, why the **** would you help one of them that is in a downward spiral?

Mata could be the difference between United being out of the CL spot running by February, or being in with an actual shot of getting 4th.

We should match it.

I just don't see Chelsea dealing with us in any shape or form unless it's tapping a player up to the point of refusing to play for us.

Also I don't think we have that kind of money, maybe if we hadn't spent so much on Lamela.

****ing dumb from Chelsea selling a player of his quality to a rival, will come back to haunt them sooner or later no doubt if Mata decides to move.

We should at least try. I do wonder how we would lineup if we did tho?

-------------defence-----------
-------Sandro----Dembele----
--Lamela----Mata------Eriksen
------------Adebayor------------

Think its a poor choice, if I was a Cheat$ki fan I would be ****ed, they don't need the money, sell him in Europe ffs.

Cheat$ki's only real rivals in the PL are City/United over the long run, why the **** would you help one of them that is in a downward spiral?

Mata could be the difference between United being out of the CL spot running by February, or being in with an actual shot of getting 4th.

Does help them a lot with financial fair play, gets his wage off the books.

Plus he is a top drawer player but they aren't playing him - how does that look to other top drawer players they want to sign?

Will be useful to United but won't win them the league. Next season, ok maybe they will get themselves in contention but actually there's a lot of other creative little midfielders out there, we're not talking about a unique talent like Ronaldo. Better United give their £35m to Chelski in Chelskis eyes.

Finally, I wonder if he's damaged goods in some way.

Might not help UTD to win the title this season, but could easily turn them into top four contenders. Lets face it, the spot is open for someone new at their expense, however he and Rooney would make problems for any team and feed RVP all match long. Give it til next season and Janusaj may have advanced further down the line and they will likely start beating teams left right and centre again.

This will likely **** up any thoughts we had of making top four this year, we can only hope that within the next two years our young talent develop into one great functional unit. That said, if Liverpool miss out, it may also help Suarez decide on leaving them (just looking for a silver lining here).

Strong Rumours that this deal will fail and Juan Mata wont be able to sign a contract at Old Trafford.......

too many s**t pens!

if rooney and rvp get fit, they will have a very strong attack when adding Mata.

----janusaj---rooney---mata
-------------rvp

is as good as anything in the division. Potentially the most potent of all teams in the league, imo.

if rooney and rvp get fit, they will have a very strong attack when adding Mata.

----janusaj---rooney---mata
-------------rvp

is as good as anything in the division. Potentially the most potent of all teams in the league, imo.

they just need a good DM back there.

Mata to Spurs???:lol:....never in a million years, how can people even consider it :lol:

Back