• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

JT - Captain. Leader. Legend. Qunt

Re: John Terry retires from England duty

I'd rather see Caulker given a run with us before getting an England call up. If he's good enough there is time to become established with us and then challenge for an England place for Brasil. Let Chelsea, City and United supply the England back line for now.

His logic is ridiculous. The team he's just retired for isn't the FA, it's England. Every time he stepped out onto the pitch in an England shirt before, did he really see himself as playing for the FA instead of England? The FA is just the organisation that happens to run our country's football team, retiring from England means turning your back on your country to spite a few people who happen to sort out the administrative side of things.

There's something far deeper to this.

If playing for England is untenable now, why wasn't it untenable against Moldova? Why wait two months from the data of the charge before deciding its untenable. And what about captaining or playing for England while under a criminal investigation and pending trial?

I'm not sure its anything deeper. He's playing to the media and the fans. Its an evil organisation picking on him, overriding his due process, and there's nothing he can do. It's the Lance Armstrong defence.

If playing for England is untenable now, why wasn't it untenable against Moldova? Why wait two months from the data of the charge before deciding its untenable. And what about captaining or playing for England while under a criminal investigation and pending trial?

I'm not sure its anything deeper. He's playing to the media and the fans. Its an evil organisation picking on him, overriding his due process, and there's nothing he can do. It's the Lance Armstrong defence.

It won't be anything deeper, it just relates to him displaying what makes him such a despicable person. He knows that he will be found guilty of some sort of charge and knows that when he is that it will be difficult to be around certain players within the England squad. He is trying to take the sting out of it now and bounce the ball into the FA's court just as I said he would in a previous thread relating to this issue.

My only surprise is that he has announced it now rather than waiting for the FA to ban him for a period across all games both domestic and international and trotting out the line of being found innocent in a court of law nonsense. Only one problem for him there - he was found not guilty, not actually found innocent.

Agreed the court of law argument is nonsense. The judge was fairly damning in his assessment. He said that Terry's story (he was repeating it back) was unlikely but that it couldn't be discounted beyond reasonable doubt. There was a clear implication that a different standard might lead to a different conclusion. I'm sure the FA took note of this when charging him.

But if he is to be found guilty, this is a good tactic. Many people (mainly Chelsea fans) will believe him.

Agreed the court of law argument is nonsense. The judge was fairly damning in his assessment. He said that Terry's story (he was repeating it back) was unlikely but that it couldn't be discounted beyond reasonable doubt. There was a clear implication that a different standard might lead to a different conclusion. I'm sure the FA took note of this when charging him.

But if he is to be found guilty, this is a good tactic. Many people (mainly Chelsea fans) will believe him.

I believe the FA have brought 2 charges for racism recent, Saurez and Danny Hilton at Aldershot Town. Both got 8 match bans using the lower standard of proof. Basically Terry will have to PROVE he didn't, which he can't. He's going to get a fat 8 match fan from the FA.

Chelsea fans/anyone else trying to claim the FA should drop the charges as he has been found not guilty in a court of law. gonad*s to that!! Companies are entitled to make rules as for the kind of behaviour they expect from their employees. If I called someone a **** at work, I wouldn't go to jail, but there's a good chance I would lose my job.

So John Terry feels let down by the FA? Will perhaps they also feel let down by him shagging his best mate's wife, thus dividing the England dressing room, calling another player a "black ****" and various other offences. And haven't the FA and the England managers kept picking Terry even after his serial list of misdemeanors? How dare he say the FA haven't backed him!

Make no mistake, him retiring is great for England. The golden generation have had plenty of chances to prove themselves and they've fallen flat on their arses every time in big tournaments. Just need Lampard, Cole and possibly Rooney to retire now.

The only England captain to have had the captaincy stripped TWICE. Yeah the FA are really the ones who have made it untenable :-k

Last edited:

The fact is, from any company perspective, just being accused and associated with an act that goes to court/results in an arrest is can be viewed as bringing your employer/sport/club into disrepute. That might sound pretty harsh but that is just the way it is. It speaks volumes really that Chelsea haven't actually taken any action on this in terms of general involvement. Obviously the result from the FA is still outstanding and they could take action based on the result but I doubt it. I fully expect him to not even receive as much as a fine from Chelsea - match made in heaven those two.

Never have a club and an individual been so well suited in terms of ethos, outlook and class.

The fact is, from any company perspective, just being accused and associated with an act that goes to court/results in an arrest is can be viewed as bringing your employer/sport/club into disrepute. That might sound pretty harsh but that is just the way it is. It speaks volumes really that Chelsea haven't actually taken any action on this in terms of general involvement. Obviously the result from the FA is still outstanding and they could take action based on the result but I doubt it. I fully expect him to not even receive as much as a fine from Chelsea - match made in heaven those two.

Never have a club and an individual been so well suited in terms of ethos, outlook and class.

The annoying thing is that Chelsea asked for a delay of the court case until after the season. They argued it would be disruptive to their season if players had to be giving evidence. The delay until after the Euros led to the FA decision on Terry's captaincy and Capello's resignation. We all know how that affected us.

So when will the FA conclude the hearing and confirm the ban?

Captain, Leader, Racist...

Despicable club in every way, pure scum

Captain, Leader, Racist...

Despicable club in every way, pure scum

Indeed.

A person who at every stage of his career has been in trouble with authority in someway, shape or form. All kicked off publically what a nasty piece of work he was when the story broke about him, Lampard, Jody Morris and a couple of others being so drunk at Heathrow that they were urinating in plant pots and larking about, making jokes about 9/11 just yards from where families affected by the atrocity were waiting in 2001.

Im sure other discrepencies have occured that haven't seen the light of day and never will and probably from a younger age as well.

This is a nice list of controversies although again I doubt it is exhaustive.

http://soccerlens.com/the-john-terry-controversies-a-complete-list/86817/

Whilst mentioning his parents misdemeanours, it does fail to mention that his brother Paul, stayed with young goalkeeper Dale Roberts whilst playing for Rushden & Diamonds. He then proceeded to snare and begin an affair with the young keeper's fiance, a girl he had been with since around 15 whilst still staying in the the players house. Young keeper decides 6 months down the line after finding out that the embarrassment/hurt is all too much and commits suicide.

Like I said earlier, splendid role model from an absolutely cracking bloodline.

His logic is ridiculous. The team he's just retired for isn't the FA, it's England. Every time he stepped out onto the pitch in an England shirt before, did he really see himself as playing for the FA instead of England? The FA is just the organisation that happens to run our country's football team, retiring from England means turning your back on your country to spite a few people who happen to sort out the administrative side of things.

There's something far deeper to this.

He saw himself playing for himself. Every decision he makes is for his own benefit, not his team mates or club or country. He probably thinks his CV makes him a legend, but everyone who isn't a Chelsea fan hate him.

Theo Walcott has spoken of the "great honour" of playing with John Terry for England following his international retirement.

Terry announced his decision to retire from international football on Sunday, claiming the ongoing FA charges relating to the alleged abuse of Anton Ferdinand left his "position with the national team untenable".

Walcott believes it is a shame to see the Chelsea skipper's career with England come to an end but respects his decision.

"You've got to respect JT's decision and personally it's been a great honour to play with him," the Arsenal winger told Sky Sports News.

"When I first got into the England set-up, he looked after me well.

"It's a shame obviously, but you've got to respect that.

"I've got some great moments playing with him. I've got a shirt that he's signed to me with a lovely message on it.

"So I've just got to wish him all the best and respect it."

Asked if Terry would be missed within the camp, Walcott said: "A character like JT will always be missed anywhere.

"But like I say, we've just got to deal with it. JT is a strong character. He knows what he's doing.

"And we've got some great players in that position."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8107518/Theo-Walcott-claims-it-was-an-honour-to-have-played-alongside-John-Terry

John Terry has been dropped by Umbro following the allegations of racial abuse that culminated in a Football Association disciplinary hearing at Wembley on Monday.

Terry has been one of the mainstays of the kit supplier’s stable of players endorsing its products, in a long-running deal believed to have been worth £4 million a year to him.

However that came to an end last season and, Telegraph Sport can reveal, it has not been renewed.

The decision not to extend the deal came following an internal review at Umbro, which took into account matters in the criminal trial over allegations he racially abused Anton Ferdinand during a match against Queens Park Rangers last season.

Despite his acquittal in that trial, an Umbro insider confirmed on Monday: “The deal wasn’t renewed. He was wearing Umbro boots at the weekend but I think they were from his old contract.”

Umbro, which is now a subsidiary of Nike – though it has been put up for sale by the US sportswear manufacturer – had stood by Terry during previous episodes of scandal and it is believed to be the last commercial deal Terry still had.

Terry lost the England captaincy in 2010 after it was alleged he had had an affair with his former Chelsea and international team-mate Wayne Bridge.

But by then it appears his advisers were already trying too hard to boost his commercial profile. Terry had lost his status as the face of Konami Sports’ computer-console game Pro Evolution Soccer and a promotion with King of Shaves proved to be a one-off sponsorship.

In late 2009 Terry’s agency, Elite Management, engaged Riviera Entertainment, a public-relations firm, to promote the search for sponsors.

In a widely distributed press release to sponsorship agencies and firms active in sports endorsements, it wrote: “Are you looking for a leader to represent your brand? John Terry Captain of England and Chelsea Football Team.

“Riviera Entertainment is identifying suitable commercial endorsement opportunities for its client John Terry for the period building up to the [2010 World Cup] finals — and beyond.

“If you are looking for a fresh approach for your brand during the time leading up to the World Cup, or feel it would benefit from being associated with a leader – especially relevant in today’s ultra-competitive marketplace – then why not let the nation’s football captain help get your message across.”

At the time Terry claimed the email had been sent “without my authority or knowledge and was not approved by me (or those advising me)”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9564018/Chelsea-captain-John-Terry-has-long-running-boot-deal-with-kit-supplier-Umbro-kicked-into-touch.html

BREAKING NEWS
John Terry receives a four-match ban and a £220,000 fine following FA disciplinary hearing

Back