• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Central midfield is and always has been his best position. He plays well there for Villa and it tends to be only when he is pushed forward into one of the attacking positions that he tends to be found wanting

i still don't think he will make it. fine footballer but just -0.5sec off the mark everytime i've seen him, and it won't get better with age.

Josh is just 20 years old and you have already written him off, so tell me what did you think of Harry Kane at the same age? I really am curious, did you think think he would become essential to our future, the best striker in the league and a world class player? Did you think at 20 he would win the Golden Boot 2 seasons in a row?

I am not saying he will become a world beater I just think after Harry's achievements we should give our young players a little more time before we right them off

Despite the improvement in Sissoko I honestly think Josh has much more potential as a future Spurs player

Again, if he's amazing at Villa then maybe, but we were in the market for other midfielders this summer and may yet still sign Barkley. So even if Sissoko leaves, there's still not a lot of opportunity for a player to develop -- we have Winks taking that spot in the midfield (developing).

Again, if he's amazing at Villa then maybe, but we were in the market for other midfielders this summer and may yet still sign Barkley. So even if Sissoko leaves, there's still not a lot of opportunity for a player to develop -- we have Winks taking that spot in the midfield (developing).

This time last year Rose according to many, me included, thought he was the best left back in the league while Davies looked nothing more than backup. Fast forward to 2017 and Davies has been our first choice all year. Football is a funny thing, and often just boils down to hard work, seizing the moment and luck.I look at Josh at 20 and I like the cut of his jibe and I am betting on him to make it at Spurs. I may well be wrong but only time will tell

Josh is just 20 years old and you have already written him off, so tell me what did you think of Harry Kane at the same age? I really am curious, did you think think he would become essential to our future, the best striker in the league and a world class player? Did you think at 20 he would win the Golden Boot 2 seasons in a row?

I am not saying he will become a world beater I just think after Harry's achievements we should give our young players a little more time before we right them off

Very much that last part for me. After my initial, now cringeworthily laughable dismissal of Kane, I have come to the conclusion I have absolutely no clue as to how young players will develop, and will very happily never question the decisions of the coaching staff ever again.

At least not as often as before.

Could not agree more. I think he has the tools to get to the top personally, but it is crucial that he keeps getting game time over the next two years. I would like to see him get a premier loan in his best position(deep midfield) and then come back to us after having that prem loan.

I think his position is one that you get better at over time, you become more comfortable to where you should be on the pitch and feel more mature and confident to dictate the game. Considering the type of player he is it is no surprise he did not pull up any trees with us when he first got into the team. Different positions require different skill sets and different levels of experience.

Even Kane said this week he felt more comfortable knowing where he should be and at what time in the games he should be making those runs, he had loads of loans and has been playing for us non stop for 3 seasons.

Lets give Onomah time because he looks very promising.

This time last year Rose according to many, me included, thought he was the best left back in the league while Davies looked nothing more than backup. Fast forward to 2017 and Davies has been our first choice all year. Football is a funny thing, and often just boils down to hard work, seizing the moment and luck.I look at Josh at 20 and I like the cut of his jibe and I am betting on him to make it at Spurs. I may well be wrong but only time will tell

Well, hopefully he can impress that much with Villa that Poch wants to make him a proper part of the squad. If not, then I hope we get him a loan to a Premier League club so he can continue his development.

That's a funny Rose/Davies example?

Davies was first choice all year because Rose has been injured for 2017, that is all.

Granted, it will be interesting when Rose comes back.

That's a funny Rose/Davies example?

Davies was first choice all year because Rose has been injured for 2017, that is all.

Granted, it will be interesting when Rose comes back.

Of course I know Davies only became first choice because Rose has been injured but the point I was making is that apart from a couple of performances such as against Mane when we played Liverpool Davies has done really well. He now looks a very good left back. Lets face it if he had under performed Poch would have signed another player because the wing back / full back role is critical to how Poch's teams play. Sure we know he still struggles against rapid pace but overall he has impressed in 2017, sure he was lucky Rose got injured but he has seized his chance

Back