• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Will he wear a gilet? Tracksuit? Suited...

by the gods I’ll jizz the ol pants seeing him on our touch line...

His teams have caused us so much heartache over the years, but now he’s in our camp...

let’s do this...

coys

Will he wear a gilet? Tracksuit? Suited...

by the gods I’ll jizz the ol pants seeing him on our touch line...

His teams have caused us so much heartache over the years, but now he’s in our camp...

let’s do this...

coys

The piece for me is the belief difference we will likely have going into a cup semi or final. No offense to Poch or Harry but that last step always felt more hope than belief.

The piece for me is the belief difference we will likely have going into a cup semi or final. No offense to Poch or Harry but that last step always felt more hope than belief.

Was just about to post the same. In big games I never had faith we would get over the line with Poch.

Pretty much my belief as well, just read somewhere that Jose has a 62% win record in English football, he is a winner and i am sure under him we will not fail in as many semi-finals as we have done.

People under play his use of youth as they over play ours.

If you are good enough you are old enough, he is just not going to throw in players for the sake of it.

Agreed. And I think we've seen anyway in real time in the last couple of years why the use of youth tends to be less at clubs with higher expectations.

As our own expectations rose and our players became better, Poch became far less adept at integrating academy players. Because suddenly when you're in 2nd, trying to get to 1st, with 3rd, 4th and 5th breathing down your neck, its far harder to drop an Eriksen, Wanyama or Vertonghen for an academy player than when you're sitting in 5th and really you're almost certainly going to be finishing in an EL place anyway.

I’m looking forward to watching Mourinho’s next tactical masterclass, looking back at how he lead Tottenham to the Champions League trophy in May 2020!

Good video.
It'll be interesting to see who he brings in.
Presumably Faria will stay where he is.
Previously he has always had someone ingrained the club culture as assistant too - not sure we have an obvious candidate for that right now.

This is the upside for me. As a top player you want to work with the best managers, and Mourinho is obviously up there. If he can motivate and improve our players, and perhaps even make our wantaways sign contracts and perform to their abilities, he might just be exactly what we needed.
It might change when he starts insulting one player after the other in public.

Having mixed feeling about Mourinho being appointed as the "head coach". He would have been perfect for us about 5 years ago but not so sure now. He no longer seems to have the magic touches like before. Also not sure he will be happy to work as the "head coach" with restrictions instead of being the manager with full freedom. But he is the experienced and successful manager we badly needed over the years. Let's hope he will find back the magic with us and win us a few trophies which we badly need !

Mourinho tends to like both Portuguese players and Jorge Mendes clients they typically high cost purchases. I don't think we've signed a Jorge Mendes client previously although we have had interest in a couple such as Nani and Moutinho. Maybe we'll get a couple of quality Portuguese players [emoji848]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Souness' take on Mourinho appointment:

'Spurs have won three trophies in 28 years. For a big club that's just not good enough.

'Spurs are genuinely a big football club and they need someone that can turn what is perceived to be attacking, attractive football into maybe a slightly more pragmatic approach that will put some silverware in the boardroom, and I think he is the perfect fit for them.

'He is an angry man, deep inside. He's a frustrated man, the way it turned out at United. I think Spurs will reap the benefit of that.

'He knew he was going to go back and he was just waiting for the right one. He loves the English game.

'Our football right now is the one everyone wants to watch. The spotlight is on us. He likes to be in the spotlight. He has got a big personality but he truly is a football person.

'I think Spurs are getting the right man at the right time. He feels he has a point to prove to people who doubted him or were critical of him. He will want to ram those words down his critics' throats.'

Back