• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

The timing and the apparent lack of an immediate replacement makes me think something happened to force the sacking now.[edit: Baleforce beat me to it]

Although what is the bonus for winning a trophy?

In that case it should have been done earlier but at least a successor will have been identified and secured in advance.
interesting that the initial statement from the club says that Mason will take charge of first team training this morning and nothing about taking control till the summer or whatever.

Could mean a replacement is lined up (or that a seperate statement is to follow confirming Mason as caretaker i suppose) or that something forced the issue this morning.

No one said that supported him over Spurs but you support him enough to post in a Mourinho fans messageboard so let's not pretend you view him impartiality.

He won't be the first successful manager to see the game pass him by, that's all that's happened here.

You can't compare an individual to a club the way you have tried to there - clubs don't age like a person does (can't believe I've had to explain that to an adult)

I think you need to re-read my posts. I have never posted on a Mourinho fans messageboard. I said fans on a forum I belonged to created a Mourinho Supporters Club (JOMOSA) and the reason was stated (to make fun of Arsenal fans). I do not claim to be impartial neither do I claim to be partial. What I have said is I support Spurs over Mourinho. I have not hidden my liking for the manager neither have I hidden my opinion about the current strength of the Spurs squad.

Indeed people can drop off ... c'est la vie. Do I think that has happened to Jose? Perhaps but hard for me to judge given the hand he was dealt.

And now to your crude underhand insult about being an adult. Dude move on - agree to disagree. Your attempt at an insult has killed any interest in replying any post of yours on this topic. We both have our opinions; You state yours - I state mine. That is what makes this board a fan board.

interesting that the initial statement from the club says that Mason will take charge of first team training this morning and nothing about taking control till the summer or whatever.

Could mean a replacement is lined up (or that a seperate statement is to follow confirming Mason as caretaker i suppose)
I think we usually wait a couple of days to stop the internet breaking?

if its purely results based, why not before the international break, why not after United?

there has to be something else that has happened in the last 48 hours imo
Could be that there's been behind the scenes work on a replacement?

From the statement on the official site: "Ryan Mason will take First Team training today and a further update will follow in due course."

If that's a sign that there's more news to follow fairly quickly on a permanent replacement that could explain the apparent delay.

It might also be that it took a while to have the relevant conversations with players, the board, owner, advisors etc and wasn't an easy decision.

In that case it should have been done earlier but at least a successor will have been identified and secured in advance.

Unless Friday's result made Levy effectively write-off this season and for whatever reason (paperwork, other issues, confirming it with Joe?) it wasnt done over the weekend, or Levy wanted to do in person.

I would have done in 2 months ago though

Unless Friday's result made Levy effectively write-off this season and for whatever reason (paperwork, other issues, confirming it with Joe?) it wasnt done over the weekend, or Levy wanted to do in person.

I would have done in 2 months ago though
Maybe Kane or a couple of seniors pros have had a word. To not give him the final smacks of either an opportunity to save money, a dressing room revolt or an untenable clash between the chairman and manager very recently.

Back