• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Mucking about with selection two weeks before a cup final when you should be trying to bed in tried and tested team is just nonsense.

Agreed. The line-up last night was clearly unnecessarily defensive - it was obvious even before the game started. Its almost as if Mourinho is mocking Levy and trying to tempt Levy into firing him

Getting results in the league games is a much higher priority than a domestic cup final.

Also, we don’t have a tried and trusted team.

We have tried every combination possible, to be still mucking about with formations and personal at this stage of the season is pathetic.
The league and top are gone, the only thing that can save our season is the Cup final.

I think Levy is thinking, its all about the cup. Win it and he can justify keeping Mourinho on.

Mourinho has clearly failed. Sacking Poch was a shock to most, and a mistake there is no doubt. He could work with Levy who will always want to buy players with potential rather than the finished article.

That said, Mourinho can still come good. Like Poch in his last season, he has fallen into the trap of searching for his best team. Especially in defense. Poch did the same thing, chopping and changing as we were poor. Whoever we sign, the manager has to discern his best players, and then stick to them. No one is clear who they are, and who will step up and make positions their own. But we desperately need a leader in defense and some consistency in the team. The midfield and defense need to coordinate, at the moment we are often far too open in the middle with all the bodies in defense. We don't pressure the ball in midfield enough and get too deep.

Agreed. The line-up last night was clearly unnecessarily defensive - it was obvious even before the game started. Its almost as if Mourinho is mocking Levy and trying to tempt Levy into firing him

Between the United game and the Everton game we dropped an attacker for an extra CB and an attacking central midfielder for Sissoko - it's really hard to look at some of the decisions he makes and picture him being the man that was so successful previously

I think Levy is thinking, its all about the cup. Win it and he can justify keeping Mourinho on.

Mourinho has clearly failed. Sacking Poch was a shock to most, and a mistake there is no doubt. He could work with Levy who will always want to buy players with potential rather than the finished article.

That said, Mourinho can still come good. Like Poch in his last season, he has fallen into the trap of searching for his best team. Especially in defense. Poch did the same thing, chopping and changing as we were poor. Whoever we sign, the manager has to discern his best players, and then stick to them. No one is clear who they are, and who will step up and make positions their own. But we desperately need a leader in defense and some consistency in the team. The midfield and defense need to coordinate, at the moment we are often far too open in the middle with all the bodies in defense. We don't pressure the ball in midfield enough and get too deep.
There is zero chance of Jose being here next season. And that's regardless what results we get in our last 7 games.

There is zero chance of Jose being here next season. And that's regardless what results we get in our last 7 games.
A month or two back I was saying give him time, things could have gone either way at that stage. Back then there were still at least periods we looked good, now we look completely devoid of any inspiration bar Kane. We also were still in a decent position for top 4. But now we are no way getting top 4 and hes making more and more questionable decisions. Like Moura, he’s been one of our best players this season playing well centrally - so he starts playing him out wide on the right, and yesterday he’s benched and brings him on at left wing back?! There’s no way back, let’s at least hope Levy is as decisive in replacing him and having the replacement lined up as he was when he sacked Poch.....

He was bought in to make sure we got CL. Failed on that last year but at least we got into the Europa, just, and Levy wasn't going to sack him after a partial season, never mind one that was interrupted by coronavirus.
With top 4 now gone bar a miracle, and the EL route to CL ending so abysmally, I can't see how he could possibly be here at the start of next season.

I don’t post on here very often and I’m aware I’m about to get slapped about but the vitriol against Jose on here is shocking. I guess part of it is because we were doing so well and the wheels fell off spectacularly but we have a chance of a trophy and a top 4/6 finish which taken on merit, would make this one of our most successful seasons in the past 30 years!

Come the end of the season and we’ve finished 9th after getting spanked by city, fine everyone can do their anti Jose thing but I’m going to keep supporting him and the team until then. Do I think we’ll beat city? No. Do I think we’ll come top 4? No. Top 6? Possibly, looking at the run in. But we’re coming across as entitled pricks if we feel this season is a disaster if we don’t finish top 4

Oh, and people are moaning we only got to the final because we beat Chelsea on pens then played lower league opposition. So fudging what? I have no idea who we beat in 2008 to get to the final, or 1999 (tho I remember Iversen’s winner v Wimbledon in the semi) but it didn’t stop me enjoying winning a trophy

That’s my lot, I’m getting up to sort the kids out and then I’m out all day so you’ve all got tons of time to tell me why I’m a prick without me responding. Enjoy!

COYS

I don’t post on here very often and I’m aware I’m about to get slapped about but the vitriol against Jose on here is shocking. I guess part of it is because we were doing so well and the wheels fell off spectacularly but we have a chance of a trophy and a top 4/6 finish which taken on merit, would make this one of our most successful seasons in the past 30 years!

Come the end of the season and we’ve finished 9th after getting spanked by city, fine everyone can do their anti Jose thing but I’m going to keep supporting him and the team until then. Do I think we’ll beat city? No. Do I think we’ll come top 4? No. Top 6? Possibly, looking at the run in. But we’re coming across as entitled pricks if we feel this season is a disaster if we don’t finish top 4

Oh, and people are moaning we only got to the final because we beat Chelsea on pens then played lower league opposition. So fudging what? I have no idea who we beat in 2008 to get to the final, or 1999 (tho I remember Iversen’s winner v Wimbledon in the semi) but it didn’t stop me enjoying winning a trophy

That’s my lot, I’m getting up to sort the kids out and then I’m out all day so you’ve all got tons of time to tell me why I’m a prick without me responding. Enjoy!

COYS

All good mate. Opinions, etc. "Slapping you"? Why? Your view is as valid as anyone elses I'd have thought?

A few things though.

1) You really should remember who we beat in the SF in 2008.

2) "Entitled pricks"? It is the minimum promised.

3) This has as much to do with "how" as "what". Put simply, where has our identity gone and who took it?

I know this much.

just a reminder, to get here, we got a bye against Orient, beat Chelski on pelanties, beat Stoke away and Brentford in the SF.

Don't matter how we got there, getting there is all that matters. You can only play who you have in front of you and no one is about to ask the FA to swap teams round for a stronger test.

What we do in the final matters, if they don't turn up for this then I think I will lose what little faith I have left.

Back