• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

He’s the biggest of them all. He swans around in kit which is personally monogrammed ffs!

A couple of summers ago when City only gave him £150 million to spend in a transfer window.

Remember that white suit thing at Wimbledon he walked out in.

Fair play to the guy, that’s showmanship, and he backs it up with trophies, incredible longevity too.

His successes as a manager are clear and indisputable.

I don't know of any manager in football who speaks of themselves like this. When Guardiola was under the cosh he didn't.
I think my post was more about the potential context of what he was saying and how it doesn’t really strike me as a particularly big deal.

Guardiola made the flippant comment about City’s money recently. Clough ‘wouldn’t say I’m the best manager but in the top one, we speak and agree I’m right’ are two that spring to mind.

I’m not even an advocate of Jose being here until the end of the season but these quotes aren’t really that inflammatory imo. He’s not insulted anyone, said anything negative about the club, offended a minority group or lied, he’s being a bit big headed and even then it struck me as though he was really he was addressing two points in the quotes - one the ability to have an audience with fans is a good thing (for them!) and how we draws strength from the support he does get to counter negativity and the fact that the support comes from outside those of the club (which most of us agree is odd!)

He’s a divisive personality but it’s not these interviews or Instagram posts that concern me about his position with us, it’s what he delivers for us on the pitch.

Last edited:
@thfcsteff it’s easy to avoid all this stuff, I’m generally a fan of the bloke but I listen to very little of what he says in the press, or anyone else in the game really.

It should also be remembered that he has said many times in the past that he will say any old brick if it takes the attention or pressure away from other areas.

You can’t control him, but you can control your reaction to him.

That's right. I can control my reaction to him. And I do.

The difference is in the opportunity to be quoted imo.

They were all known for their arrogance, as are most highly decorated sports professionals.

I’m struggling to think of anyone consistently at the peak of their sport, who isn’t an absolute clam.

Mourinho hasn’t been great for a while now. Hasn’t won in a league title since 2015 and hasn’t won the CL since 2010. He has one way of playing and hasn’t adapted, the game has moved on. I can’t think of a top team who plays a similar defensive, negative style of play. All the top teams play on the front foot. Even Atletico Madrid go for it against the smaller teams and they’re not exactly known for being overly expansive.

2011-2012.

His final Barcelona season when I think it's fair to say the pressure from having to keep winning and Mourinho's Real Madrid broke him. He had to take a year away from football after that.
Maybe
Didn’t read anything over here at the time to know TBH

Didn’t he throw a strop at Bayern because they wouldn’t let him hire a certain doctor too?

Thought he knew better than the existing medical staff.

Indefensible arrogance from a man who has thus far failed in his mission here with aplomb. I look forward to his GG "Mourinistas" springing to their feet in slavish defence. But the truth is, if your mate spoke to you like that you'd tell him to learn how to communicate (at best) or go and fudge himself (more possibly)...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...cs-mourinistas-one-of-most-important-managers

That is my guy and yes I have followed him with interest since Porto.

In fact on another forum we created JOMOSA, Jose Mourinho Supporters Association. Oh the howls from Arsenal fans. :D
Don't get upset with him. Of all managers in the world, he is one of the few who truly has a following. If one of his motivations is that he recognises this and seeks to not disappoint them, then I see nothing wrong with it. He has won enough in history to back it up. One thing I know is that as long as he is Spurs manager he will give his best to fight for Spurs. I don't ask any less than that.

Will I still keep an eye on him if he leaves Spurs? Yes I would. We had some lovely memories of him at Inter. He is no Rafa Benitez.

That is my guy and yes I have followed him with interest since Porto.

In fact on another forum we created JOMOSA, Jose Mourinho Supporters Association. Oh the howls from Arsenal fans. :D
Don't get upset with him. Of all managers in the world, he is one of the few who truly has a following. If one of his motivations is that he recognises this and seeks to not disappoint them, then I see nothing wrong with it. He has won enough in history to back it up. One thing I know is that as long as he is Spurs manager he will give his best to fight for Spurs. I don't ask any less than that.

Will I still keep an eye on him if he leaves Spurs? Yes I would. We had some lovely memories of him at Inter. He is no Rafa Benitez.

Fair play for posting mate. We agree to disagree. I appreciated reading an agenda-less counterpoint - a rare thing in 2021 social media.

Fair play for posting mate. We agree to disagree. I appreciated reading an agenda-less counterpoint - a rare thing in 2021 social media.

Funny enough the JOMOSA had only two key goals way back in 2004 - (1) Make fun of Arsenal especially if they are facing Jose Mourinho (2) Make fun of Wenger fans especially if Jose has just finished shading Arsene. The one time when Chelsea, United and Spurs fans were truly united on that forum. Curiously Liverpool fans remained separate - I wonder why ...

Funny enough the JOMOSA had only two key goals way back in 2004 - (1) Make fun of Arsenal especially if they are facing Jose Mourinho (2) Make fun of Wenger fans especially if Jose has just finished shading Arsene. The one time when Chelsea, United and Spurs fans were truly united on that forum. Curiously Liverpool fans remained separate - I wonder why ...
But I presume you are a Spurs fan too, as I’m sure you’ve been on here longer than Mourinho has been manager? Was this not a conflict when we played his teams?

But I presume you are a Spurs fan too, as I’m sure you’ve been on here longer than Mourinho has been manager? Was this not a conflict when we played his teams?

No it wasn't. I respect him as a strong enemy as well. I made good and solid fun of Chelsea and United fans on each occasion from Keane's damage on Boulharouz to Kane destroying Terry / Cahill at the Lane to Eriksen and co at Wembley.

How did Bale put it - Nigeria / All Blacks / Spurs in that order.

No it wasn't. I respect him as a strong enemy as well. I made good and solid fun of Chelsea and United fans on each occasion from Keane's damage on Boulharouz to Kane destroying Terry / Cahill at the Lane to Eriksen and co at Wembley.

How did Bale put it - Nigeria / All Blacks / Spurs in that order.

That Boulharouz moment brought me such pure happiness.

What a day that was! I was in the Paxton Upper and non-figuratively stood shaking at the final whistle because I hated them so much!

Same here.

The other memorable thing from that game was that my mate had somehow forgotten a massive pair of scissors were in his coat pocket, if he'd been searched he would have been in a pickle.

Back