• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Liverpool were very ordinary on the night, the performance was flat (something familiar), we weren't prepared (Pool actually paid a team in Spain to play like us as prep, while our manager was talking about if he should stay if we won)

Same as tonight, decent but not great performance by opposition, big names didn't put in a shift, we didn't even earn the right to compete .. forgone conclusion
Did that Spanish team give them a 1-0 head start too!?!

We didn’t turn up in that final but come on. We finished 26 points behind the team we played in the final. A team playing in their ninth CL final who had also lost the previous final and had the motivation from losing that and finishing 2nd with an insane points total for a runner up. We were playing in our first ever CL final. Not excusing the performance but it’s not unreasonable to believe we were overawed by the occasion. There’s just something about Liverpool in that competition. Wenger even said it years ago, the one team you don’t want is Liverpool at Anfield. They do also seem to get insane luck in the CL, like a lot of English teams always seem to.

we’re already 26 points behind City, in March, it will inevitably become a larger gap before the end of the season

do you think we are closer to City now than we were to (your beloved ;)) Liverpool then?

we’re already 26 points behind City, in March, it will inevitably become a larger gap before the end of the season

do you think we are closer to City now than we were to (your beloved ;)) Liverpool then?

Honestly I have no idea why anyone wants to defend that CL performance (just as you can't tonight's). We didn't lose that night because of Pool, we lost because we were absolute trash for the vast majority of the previous 4-6 months.

We should have played like the underdogs (kind of how our opponents played tonight) the pressure was on Klopp (who had bottled something like 5 cups finals in a row at that time) and Pool.

Anyway, rehash .. for the millionth time ..

Come on, sure people have some trash to say about tonight and current manager.

We didn’t turn up in that final but come on. We finished 26 points behind the team we played in the final. A team playing in their ninth CL final who had also lost the previous final and had the motivation from losing that and finishing 2nd with an insane points total for a runner up. We were playing in our first ever CL final. Not excusing the performance but it’s not unreasonable to believe we were overawed by the occasion. There’s just something about Liverpool in that competition. Wenger even said it years ago, the one team you don’t want is Liverpool at Anfield. They do also seem to get insane luck in the CL, like a lot of English teams always seem to.
How many Liverpool players had played in their first seven CL finals? Asking as I'm sure their experience made a difference.

Honestly I have no idea why anyone wants to defend that CL performance (just as you can't tonight's). We didn't lose that night because of Pool, we lost because we were absolute trash for the vast majority of the previous 4-6 months.

We should have played like the underdogs (kind of how our opponents played tonight) the pressure was on Klopp (who had bottled something like 5 cups finals in a row at that time) and Pool.

Anyway, rehash .. for the millionth time ..

Come on, sure people have some trash to say about tonight and current manager.

It was a typical Spurs big game performance, all I’m saying is that if we buck that trend in the bloody league cup I won’t be celebrating it.

This season is a disaster, we should not be distracted from that.

We are much, much worse now than we were in 2018/19. City are a brilliant side just like Liverpool were for 2 seasons.

How many Liverpool players had played in their first seven CL finals? Asking as I'm sure their experience made a difference.

Couldn’t tell you, but they virtually all played in the previous final 12 months earlier except their keeper who was a massive upgrade on whoever their keeper was when they lost against Real Madrid and chucked in two goals. We should have played better, not denying that, but we weren’t playing Qarabag or Slavia Prague. We were playing a team and a club who know how to win that competition. In our 140 odd years as a club we’ve only played in the European Cup/CL a handful of times.

It's absolutely hilarious that some of the same people that have been blaming individual errors for all our woes the last few months don't seem to acknowledge that the penalty Sissoko gave away in the opening exchanges of the CL final effectively killed the tie. Liverpool were the best counter attacking team in the land at that point and gave them a goal advantage to protect from the 2nd fudging minute - they couldn't have planned it any better

So you agree, it’s the harder of the two games?

In terms of quality of the opposition I’d say there’s very little in it. It’s only harder because we don’t seem to have a clue when we play anyone above 9th in the league. Given that we have a manager who is supposed to be a winner I’d expect a better performance in this final compared to the CL final but I don’t expect us to win just as I didn’t expect us to win the CL final. I only gave us a slight chance in the CL final due to the circumstances that got us to the final. It seemed like it was our year.

It's absolutely hilarious that some of the same people that have been blaming individual errors for all our woes the last few months don't seem to acknowledge that the pelanty Sissoko gave away in the opening exchanges of the CL final effectively killed the tie. Liverpool were the best counter attacking team in the land at that point and gave them a goal advantage to protect from the 2nd fudging minute - they couldn't have planned it any better
They couldn’t have
Although their prep for the game was miles better too (training in heat vs a team set up like us)
They had much more nous than us on and off the pitch for that final
They learned their lesson the previous season

They couldn’t have
Although their prep for the game was miles better too (training in heat vs a team set up like us)
They had much more nous than us on and off the pitch for that final
They learned their lesson the previous season

We fudged that entire thing up both on and off the pitch, why were we not perfectly prepared, whose heads were not working right?

We fudged that entire thing up both on and off the pitch, why were we not perfectly prepared, whose heads were not working right?
Why are you guys miss directing to talking about the CL final that was almost 2 years ago. It's not bloody relevant anymore. Last night is relevant, the current manager is relevant. What we do about this situation is relevant.

Last edited:
We sucked big time yesterday. I am taking an emotional recess from Spurs till July. I can't emotionally support the players. Jose, I have a lot of time for but the players - I remember so many moments when they were expected to win and the opposite was true. No manager can change the mentality of players. A leopard can't change its spots. We need to bring in players with a better mentality or better squad quality. We also need to tell ourselves bitter truths about our squad - every single one of them.

We sucked big time yesterday. I am taking an emotional recess from Spurs till July. I can't emotionally support the players. Jose, I have a lot of time for but the players - I remember so many moments when they were expected to win and the opposite was true. No manager can change the meteorology of players. A leopard can't change its spots. We need to bring in players with a better meteorology or better squad quality. We also need to tell ourselves bitter truths about our squad - every single one of them.

Thays what we’ve done this season though. We have Hugo who is a World Cup winning captain. Kane is a magnificent professional. Sonny is a top pro too. We brought in Hjobjerg who seems to have the right mentality. Bale has won bucketloads. Hart has won bucketloads. Reguilon has won a few trophies.

So we have quite a few players with what I’d consider “the right mentality” and a manager who has built his career on being a winner.

I think it’s a combination of things. The manager has them playing with fear. It’s a “don’t make a mistake” approach instead of a “go and win it” culture he has instilled. We’re also very weak at CB and when you combine both of those, you have a big problem. The manager is well and truly a big part of our problems.

We sucked big time yesterday. I am taking an emotional recess from Spurs till July. I can't emotionally support the players. Jose, I have a lot of time for but the players - I remember so many moments when they were expected to win and the opposite was true. No manager can change the meteorology of players. A leopard can't change its spots. We need to bring in players with a better meteorology or better squad quality. We also need to tell ourselves bitter truths about our squad - every single one of them.
Why would you have time for Jose at the expense of the players? He has achieved zilch here, he has earned no credit in the bank while at Spurs.

What he achieved at teams with totally different circumstances to what he had Spurs is no reason to believe in him.

Why would you have time for Jose at the expense of the players? He has achieved zilch here, he has earned no credit in the bank while at Spurs.

What he achieved at teams with totally different circumstances to what he had Spurs is no reason to believe in him.

And the players have earned credit for doing what exactly in Spurs colours? What have they achieved? Top 4 finish? CL final? Jose has achieved more than that as a manager.

What he has achieved with different teams is precisely why I have time for him. In my honest opinion, if these players can't succeed with Jose, forget it. We can continue insulting, blaming the man etc and avoid the real issues. Yes, a number of players have been individually successful for country but not for this club.

Poisoned in what way? Kindly provide examples. What has Jose done to Spurs?
Listen to the Lloris interview. They are not the words of a captain in a dressing room that is pulling in the same direction.

There seems to be problems behind the scenes. Jose may well be part of that. He’s certainly split the fan base.Would not be a stretch to think he’s divided the dressing room.

Last edited:
Back