• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Yep
They worked much harder than we did and that compensates for a lack of talent (and they do have some decent players)
I think that's true but I do think there's more to it, their coaches are instilling/instructing more than just hard work. The timing, the targets, the patterns, phases of play, the transitions, I just think there is so much more detail to their game compared to us.

I think that's true but I do think there's more to it, their coaches are instilling/instructing more than just hard work. The timing, the targets, the patterns, phases of play, the transitions, I just think there is so much more detail to their game compared to us.
100%
Their coached so well to improve them

So when Sacramento shouts "press" he means for the players to move 20-30 yards up the pitch completely altering the defensive structure?

Or could it be that the word press/pressing can be used in more than one way including ways that don't mean a high pressing system?
I don't know what he means.... and it seems the players don't know what he means either.

You cannot play a pressing game in a mid or low block mate. You then aren't playing a pressing game... you are playing mid or low block.

the whole thing was inexcusable from top to bottom - and like i said previously the manager has little in the bank against good teams to suggest that his side of things was done correctly so he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. Start picking up wins v teams in the top half and then we can see there's a plan that works, atm we just seem to get a load of excuses any time we play a good side.
Excuses and explicit blame for specific players. That’s what you get with Jose. Always have, always will.

It’s great coaching

i think this is an area where the game has moved on significantly over the time in which Mourinho has been manager - there's a lot of coaches in the league now that are trained well, have good ideas and are looking to make their teams stronger than the some of their parts through tactics and work on the training field - this isn't a swipe at him exactly but i think this is part of why he is finding it hard in the modern PL.

Last edited:
I don't rate him. He has done no better result wise than Houghton.
True
But he has changes the style of play with similar calibre of played and ultimately it’s their finishing that’s cost them, not their actual play
That’s a very different problem to what Hughton had or created
And of course Potter abs done it elsewhere

I don't rate him. He has done no better result wise than Houghton.
Easy to go just go by results and make up your mind. If you look at the games you'll see what a good team they are, solid defensively, play good football and create tons of chances.
It's having mediocre forwards that are stopping them from easily being a mid-table team with no chance of relegation.

Easy to go just go by results and make up your mind. If you look at the games you'll see what a good team they are, solid defensively, play good football and create tons of chances.
It's having mediocre forwards that are stopping them from easily being a mid-table team with no chance of relegation.

who do you think would finish higher if we swapped forwards with them?

I agree. They have typically been the better team in their games that I have watched. Just lack a decent striker.

who do you think would finish higher if we swapped forwards with them?
I'm sure putting Kane alone into that team would give them at least 12-15 points extra at this stage. That would put them around us.

Our top 6 scorers across all competitions all have a conversion rate of between 21% and 36%, Brighton ranges from 8% and 19%.
A world of difference in quality and swapping forwards would see a huge jump for them and a huge drop for us.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/top-scorers
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/top-scorers

I'm sure putting Kane alone into that team would give them at least 12-15 points extra at this stage. That would put them around us.

Our top 6 scorers across all competitions all have a conversion rate of between 21% and 36%, Brighton ranges from 8% and 19%.
A world of difference in quality and swapping forwards would see a huge jump for them and a huge drop for us.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/top-scorers
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/top-scorers
This is what's irking me a little. Will we look back and think 'fuc.k we had 2/3 world class forwards at the club all at the same time, and what did we do?' ...brick tactics?

I know someone who was coached by Potter at university and he says nothing but good things about him.

Back