• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Perhaps it's because they don't actually do said coaching or practice during the week and just turn up on the matchday shouting the odds and the players freeze because they actually don't get taught what the 'shouting' seems to want them to do.

A bit like a fan in the ground shouting the odds perhaps?

dzqF7f.gif

Perhaps it's because they don't actually do said coaching or practice during the week and just turn up on the matchday shouting the odds and the players freeze because they actually don't get taught what the 'shouting' seems to want them to do.

Maybe
We know he flagged it up a lot also in the Amazon documentary
I would hope some senior players would maybe say you want us to press but you haven’t taught us how.... but maybe they are just happy going with the flow walking around a footy pitch getting paid a fortune
We also know from the documentary he makes them watch the games to show them what they have done well and failed on.
That’s coaching too
It could be their legs are shot and they couldn’t muster the effort. We have seen teams do that a lot this season or it could be they don’t know how to press a team
Or of course Jose lives the papers so much he spends all game shouting for them ...

Maybe
I would hope some senior players would maybe say you want us to press but you haven’t taught us how.... but maybe they are just happy going with the flow walking around a footy pitch getting paid a fortune
We also know from the documentary he makes them watch the games to show them what they have done well and failed on.
That’s coaching too
It could be their legs are shot and they couldn’t muster the effort. We have seen teams do that a lot this season or it could be they don’t know how to press a team
Or of course Jose lives the papers so much he spends all game shouting for them ...

It could be they might want to raise the lack of coaching but have seen what happens to players who do, eg Dele Alli saying "it's all just hoof it long" and i didn't Sissoko of all people mention something about tactics after the Fulham game and then was banished for a few games after having been almost ever-present in comparison?

I don't know if the legs being shot is enough of an excuse because most of the season we've played like that, we are just not picking up the results as teams have worked us out more.

I do wonder if a lot of this is again Jose putting a "not my fault Guv" show for the press etc to hide the fact that he actually can't do much coaching anymore and has run out of ideas, so now it's all about the 'shouting' (like it would be for a Mike Bassett type of manager)

It could be they might want to raise the lack of coaching but have seen what happens to players who do, eg Dele Alli saying "it's all just hoof it long" and i didn't Sissoko of all people mention something about tactics after the Fulham game and then was banished for a few games after having been almost ever-present in comparison?

I don't know if the legs being shot is enough of an excuse because most of the season we've played like that, we are just not picking up the results as teams have worked us out more.

I do wonder if a lot of this is again Jose putting a "not my fault Guv" show for the press etc to hide the fact that he actually can't do much coaching anymore and has run out of ideas, so now it's all about the 'shouting' (like it would be for a Mike Bassett type of manager)
Yet we have had people today saying he isn’t shouting from the sidelines like a manager who cares.. I mean what’s the right answer then
He did take some of the blame yesterday in his press conference and even some of that was edited out of some reports

Yet we have had people today saying he isn’t shouting from the sidelines like a manager who cares.. I mean what’s the right answer then
He did take some of the blame yesterday in his press conference and even some of that was edited out of some reports

The right answer is coaching the team to be more than just cowardly stand-offish in most games against top 10 teams. The answer is creating a system that uses the breadth of the attacking options we have at our disposal and not seemingly having no clue as to what to do when Son or Kane get injured.

Glad to hear he took some of the blame: he's been in the job long enough now to do so when we give limp, cowardly performances (which is more the norm than not if we're honest)

If our players were then pressing in a disorganised poor way I could perhaps see your point. But when they just continue to stand off?

Maybe
That’s coaching too

Ah yes. All for the papers. Players were doing what Mourinho wants, a thing that just about never makes sense, but he shouts at them to do the opposite just for the papers. Presumably he told the players on advance that he would should "press", but that this would in fact mean stand off and make sure to show no initiative?

If our players were then pressing in a disorganised poor way I could perhaps see your point. But when they just continue to stand off?

Default position when you play with fear or little organised instruction? I'm all ears to hearing other explanations though because it's not like it's the first time

Thanks for posting that Beds, it really is a strange situation isn't it?!

I hold my hands up, I said that Mou just sits back and watches it and accepts our lethargic wanderers, but apparently he is up and screaming for them to press and run, so that is good to know, fair play to him.

I'm now wondering what on earth could cause this situation... e.g. maybe Mou scares them so much about not making errors, they just don't dare to press as they know they will get pelters for failing... but then how come they don't press at all and just wander about, it really is baffling to me.

It happened plenty under Poch as well so it must be the players... maybe Kane sets the tone and if he has the hump he just doesn't drag the team along? I'm mystified

I hold my hands up, I said that Mou just sits back and watches it and accepts our lethargic wanderers, but apparently he is up and screaming for them to press and run, so that is good to know, fair play to him.

I'm now wondering what on earth could cause this situation... e.g. maybe Mou scares them so much about not making errors, they just don't dare to press as they know they will get pelters for failing... but then how come they don't press at all and just wander about, it really is baffling to me.

It happened plenty under Poch as well so it must be the players... maybe Kane sets the tone and if he has the hump he just doesn't drag the team along? I'm mystified

Apart from in the last 2/3 months did this really happen with Poch? And to the extent that the papers/journos pick up on it and ask why, like they are with Jose?
Would it be even picked up if we didn't constantly sit back after taking leads etc?

Apart from in the last 2/3 months did this really happen with Poch? And to the extent that the papers/journos pick up on it and ask why, like they are with Jose?
Would it be even picked up if we didn't constantly sit back after taking leads etc?
I don’t think it happened with Poch until the turn of the year
Then it all fell apart

I do think Kane sets the tone
I do also think he may have been carrying the knee injury over from midweek
But it doesn’t excuse effort from every player which was lacking
And I just don’t understand how a manager can stand their barking orders and the players do the exact opposite
Either it’s some daft plan or the players can’t execute it. What’s worrying is we have players have played a pressing game before so it’s not rocket science and nee. It can be nuisances and tricky to execute but at least try...
I do think in retrospect we had players who were knackered too, but that happened all season

Has Jose's previous teams ever been known to play a pressing game?

I wonder if Mou had some argument with a player/s before kick-off, or said some really harsh home truths, hoping it would spur them on to prove him wrong (like when he called out Alli for being his brother or when he said he was scared of Aurier giving away a silly foul)...pure speculation on my part but maybe the players were in two minds and thinking "what did he just say to me, what does he mean, why should I do what he says?" as it was so strange to watch them jog and walk around. I was extremely annoyed after 10 seconds.

I do think Kane sets the tone
I do also think he may have been carrying the knee injury over from midweek
But it doesn’t excuse effort from every player which was lacking
And I just don’t understand how a manager can stand their barking orders and the players do the exact opposite
Either it’s some daft plan or the players can’t execute it. What’s worrying is we have players have played a pressing game before so it’s not rocket science and nee. It can be nuisances and tricky to execute but at least try...
I do think in retrospect we had players who were knackered too, but that happened all season

I think more and more evidence points to Jose not doing much coaching, save for telling them off for losing the ball or playing the low-block. Dele said as much on that Amazon doc didn't he...

I wonder if Mou had some argument with a player/s before kick-off, or said some really harsh home truths, hoping it would spur them on to prove him wrong (like when he called out Alli for being his brother or when he said he was scared of Aurier giving away a silly foul)...pure speculation on my part but maybe the players were in two minds and thinking "what did he just say to me, what does he mean, why should I do what he says?" as it was so strange to watch them jog and walk around. I was extremely annoyed after 10 seconds.

Or maybe he had a plan but when he saw their line-up completely felt he'd been stumped so tried to ad-lib during the game in Mike Bassett fashion?

I was quite honestly gobs smacked after the first few minutes. My boiler guy, a Gooner came today and was shocked by our our change in performance intensity. He thinks it was weird! It was not unique this season but it was very unsettling for me.

Back