• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

The Fulham game really killed my enthusiasm and expectations for this season; not necessarily the result, but more the manner of the performance. We've had similar performances before so not sure why the Fulham game had the impact it did. Will obviously watch the match tomorrow but more out of duty rather than excitement.

I feel conflicted - Jose is killing the club's reputation for attacking and exciting football, and I worry it'll turn neutrals against us and might impact our ability to attract players and new fans. However if Jose was sacked, would Kane and Son stay waiting for yet another manager to win trophies? Probably not given they're in their prime.

Thoroughly depressing

We have so many players in this team that need to be shifted before jose can get the team right.

Lamela
Moura
Ali
GLC
Aurier
Sanchez
Fernandez
Bale

Mourinho can win titles here, he just needs his players.

None of those, apart from Aurier, are current first 11 players so whilst I generally agree, we can't expect to have genuinely top class players sitting on the bench. We also need more home grown squad players so that we can sign foreign overseas players for the first 11. I think the improvements needed to the first 11 (Sissoko upgrade, creativity in the front 3 and CB) are more urgent.

On those you mention:
- Lamela and Moura should go as they offer little and won't improve given their ages. Ideally replace with a pacey English player
- Bale and Gedson will go back to their parent clubs.
- GLC and Dele are fine, if they're happy to stay
- Sanchez isn't good enough though to a certain extent its less urgent a problem if he's 4th or 5th choice CB

We have so many players in this team that need to be shifted before jose can get the team right.

Lamela
Moura
Ali
GLC
Aurier
Sanchez
Fernandez
Bale

He hasn't shown anything here so far to suggest he deserves the time it will take to turnover that amount of the squad - he needs to do better with what he has first of all to show he is worth investing the next 2-3 years in.

If his name wasn't Mourinho no one would be advocating bringing in 6-8 players at this point before expecting to see some progression.

Last edited:
He hasn't shown anything here so far to suggest he deserves the time it will take to turnover that amount of the squad - he needs to do better with what he has first of all to show he is worth investing the next 2-3 years in.

If his name wasn't Mourinho no one would be advocating bringing in 6-8 players at this point before expecting to see some progression.
He wouldn’t have been appointed either but that’s not how you recruit people

I personally rate Potter highly but if we appointed him Spurs fans would burn the ground down

He wouldn’t have been appointed either but that’s not how you recruit people

I personally rate Potter highly but if we appointed him Spurs fans would burn the ground down

Would that have been a bad thing? Honestly don't see what's happened in the last 15 months that wouldn't have been achieved by a host of other appointments tbqh the best thing has been signings of Hojberg and Regulion.

Potter the Brighton manager? every time i start to think Brighton are doing well and looking good they end up proving me wrong - would be a gutsy decision

Would that have been a bad thing? Honestly don't see what's happened in the last 15 months that wouldn't have been achieved by a host of other appointments tbqh the best thing has been signings of Hojberg and Regulion.

Potter the Brighton manager? every time i start to think Brighton are doing well and looking good they end up proving me wrong - would be a gutsy decision

Brighton’s problem is a lack of quality up front
Their play and build up is IMO outstanding and that’s mainly with players in the squad that were Hughton players

but like I say it’s never gonna happen

First step is getting him out of the team.

I applaud him for recognising the issue though.

We can attack with Sissoko in the team, we do it in games whilst chasing the lead with him on the pitch so although i agree ultimately he needs replacing the first actual step needs to be intent

Hes been one of our better players this season that much you can acknowledge. But yes I think he needs to be upgraded upon
Has he?
I mean against the better sides he has done his job well
Every other side he has been a spare part running a lot

We can attack with Sissoko in the team, we do it in games whilst chasing the lead with him on the pitch so although i agree ultimately he needs replacing the first actual step needs to be intent
We attack inspite of his presence. He adds nothing to our attacking play, he actually detracts from it.
Hes been one of our better players this season that much you can acknowledge. But yes I think he needs to be upgraded upon
I don't accept or acknowledge that at all. He's been one of the biggest hindrances this season (and every season).

He's had a couple of good games one of them against championship Brentford.

Sissoko is a useful and a good versatile defensive midfielder.
Mourinho loves a donkey to carry the load in that role.
But Sissoko is being overused and as for being used in attack:eek:

Sounds to me like the players chose to defend more
Same thing came out of Hojdjberg post match piece too
I mean both talk about their actions on the oh the and their decisions to be careful
Who framed their mindset to be careful...

Do you think if they were playing under Pep their concern would be of not conceding leading to a ever tighter block?

Nope we know that isn't the case. The team's mentality and attitude comes from the manager. Quite clearly we have spent a lot of time discussing not making mistakes and taking undue risks and that plays on the players minds in game.

The Fulham game really killed my enthusiasm and expectations for this season; not necessarily the result, but more the manner of the performance. We've had similar performances before so not sure why the Fulham game had the impact it did. Will obviously watch the match tomorrow but more out of duty rather than excitement.
Same! We looked so lacklustre second half against Fulham, it was alarming to witness once again the way we let them play and caved in so easily against relegation strugglers.

Given Sheffield United will be coming off thier first win of the season I am fearful for tomorrow's game. They are at home and will be flying, especially since they also played some excellent passing football against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

On the plus side our away record is decent and the Blades have not been too sharp in front of goal. But the team needs to react in the right way to have any chance of securing all three points.

Lamela
Moura
Ali
GLC
Aurier
Sanchez
Fernandez
Bale

I think that is a fair summing up, I would keep GLC and hope he can have a run of games fit.

Who framed their mindset to be careful...

Do you think if they were playing under Pep their concern would be of not conceding leading to a ever tighter block?

Nope we know that isn't the case. The team's meteorology and attitude comes from the manager. Quite clearly we have spent a lot of time discussing not making mistakes and taking undue risks and that plays on the players minds in game.
100% Jose

Back