• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

We also created fudge all in 90 mins against Burnley and in the second half against Antwerp, so don’t really understand why he’s only singling out all the fringe players after just 45 mins against Antwerp (and little other game time this season). Just seems a dingdong move to me.

Is he only singling out the fringe players, we don't know that. Glc for instance could have come off due to fitness, dele or vinnny for tactical reasons, and let's be blunt here, the second half was as bad if not worse than the first.
Only Hugo, serge and moura would get anything even resembling a pass mark in my view.

I dont think its anything to do with singling out players - its just setting standards and trying to create a winning, driven meteorology.

I don’t mean singling out by naming individuals, I mean by his different reactions to the Antwerp first 45 mins vs Burnley first 45 mins (in terms of subs and post-match comments). Maybe it’s just because we were losing against Antwerp, but that was because of a defensive error rather than a difference in attacking performance.

Why wasn’t he setting standards against Burnley when we were playing like brick going forward in the first half?

He does like to swing from one mood to another.

Obviously to a degree he has reason BUT the swings and accompanying messaging (Instagram etc) from him do come across a bit bipolar:)

He does like to swing from one mood to another.

Obviously to a degree he has reason BUT the swings and accompanying messaging (Instagram etc) from him do come across a bit bipolar:)

The "sad Jose on the bus" photo I found quite odd. It was obviously staged in order to get favour with fans. Not that he isn't sick about the game last night, he's a winner so I'm sure it stung him. But for a manager to be staging that sort of photo to put it on social media I found strange.

That said, he's managing in a whole new world so the default "Fergie and Cloughie wouldn't have done it" line of thinking isn't really applicable here. Just stank a bit of "look at what these useless c**ts have done to me and you". That said, we win on Sunday and I'll be Jose's biggest fan again :D

I know it can backfire but I’m glad he’s not pulling any punches. The players need to be more accountable and stop being such fannies. They’ve gone missing in too many big games before and need some harsh truths stated instead of pandering up to their egos.
As been said, he’s won lots of pots... they’ve won f all.

I know it can backfire but I’m glad he’s not pulling any punches. The players need to be more accountable and stop being such fannies. They’ve gone missing in too many big games before and need some harsh truths stated instead of pandering up to their egos.
I do agree BUT the only concern I have with his flip flopping from loving them to hating them (especially publicly) is do the players become weary of it or stop believing he means it or realise he just says everything for effect?

Yes quite.

I think personally the reason I like Mourinho is I feel I can relate to him and in sections of his personality I feel they mirror my own.

Fans often have the most affinity with players or managers of their club when 'they can see themselves in them

When we lose in such an abject and pathetic manner, I want to absolutely hurl my toys out the feck ing pram, I want to sulk, I'll be a pri-ck to people I care about, I may also do something drama queen esq like to put a message across of how hurt and peed off I am.

It's not necessarily sensible, rational or reasonable but it's dam right honest and it's me. It's preferable to bull sheet in my opinion but hey ho.

These players lap up credit in the media so their should be an understanding that it can work the other way.

To use Deli as an example it must be so frustrating to see such raw and crazy talent, going to sodding waste to a lack of application.

I would kill for his ability, yet talent without hunger and desire is insufferable.

Carry on Jose being a petulant little tossa because when these players let themselves and us down, thats exactly how I feel and want to act.

Feck the pc phalanx and ultimate manager behaviour rule book crew, let's get some characters back in the game and try and create some in our club because people must realise there is nothing more satisfying than proving someone wrong who has criticised you, because you have come through it with hunger and desire and a thirst to prove yourself.

Players will love him if he turns them into winners, if not they can hate him as much as they like until they do.

If they are not motivated to be the best they can be and work at it, then so long.

A number are close to the exit door and I'm not sorry about that one bit.

Dear lord, some of you lot are absolute melts. Look at what Harry Brooks said about his comments in the match thread, and he is right. Really nothing to see here, posters on this thread will be crying about Jose's comments more than the players will......

I do agree BUT the only concern I have with his flip flopping from loving them to hating them (especially publicly) is do the players become weary of it or stop believing he means it or realise he just says everything for effect?

I think everything he does is calculated, he believes in himself and methods, you have to in his proffesion.

I love my wife and hate her and flip flop between the two everyday....

It's okay...they are big boys and can deal with it, should do anyway.

important to remember that he's having direct conversations with the players too, we're seeing one side of the die

his comments in the press are for the fans, he actually talks to anyone whose opinion matters

Going missing in big games is a world away from not playing well in a cobbled together change side as a player with little match fitness.

Going missing in big games is a world away from not playing well in a cobbled together change side as a player with little match fitness.
Indeed. We basically played a 2nd 11 Mish mash of players against the top side in a top 10 European league. It's almost as if people have forgotten misunderstood that our squad looks strong because we can rotate in some real quality in specific positions.

We do the wholesale 9 changes thing then we are actually playing s side that is weaker than what we were picking as a starting 11 last season. We all know the problems we had last season so it is to be expected. The sky is not falling.

He can hold them to account without having a go in public. I'm not sure anyone is advocating pandering to their egos - just offering an opinion that he should keep this behind closed doors. You didn't hear Fergie or Wenger criticise their players in public much. If the performance wasn't good, it was always someone else's fault. Klopp never criticises his players in public and if anyone dares to have a go, he takes them on. Ancelotti doesn't have a go at his players.

Jose seems to be the one that does it most and he's open to criticism for that. But like you say, he's won so much that his methods obviously have merit. There is more than one way to skin a cat and all that...

I think everything he does is calculated, he believes in himself and methods, you have to in his proffesion.

I love my wife and hate her and flip flop between the two everyday....

It's okay...they are big boys and can deal with it, should do anyway.
Oh 100% everything he does is calculated.

But I wouldn't say they are all big boys. Some modern professional are far from that, delicate flowers or prima Donna s etc.

I'm just concerned that this approach could have well led to buy-in from the players disintegrating the second time round at Chelsea and Man Utd

I think personally the reason I like Mourinho is I feel I can relate to him and in sections of his personality I feel they mirror my own.

Fans often have the most affinity with players or managers of their club when 'they can see themselves in them

When we lose in such an abject and pathetic manner, I want to absolutely hurl my toys out the feck ing pram, I want to sulk, I'll be a pri-ck to people I care about, I may also do something drama queen esq like to put a message across of how hurt and peed off I am.

It's not necessarily sensible, rational or reasonable but it's dam right honest and it's me. It's preferable to bull sheet in my opinion but hey ho.
I think you make a very interesting point.

The same reasons many of us so loved Poch

We all know Jose likes to create a siege mentality with emotionally independent players. The biggest difference between himself and Poch is that Poch wanted to foster a cohesive environment where each player felt a part of the family and encouraged each others development as part of a greater project. The family aspect of the group was clear with Poch playing the father role, hence his emotional proximity to many of the players.

Jose conversely wants an internal siege mentality in each player where they call each other out for their mistakes or failings, to the extent that each player feels so personally responsible to the rest of the group to not let their standards drop.

Both approaches have their merits and suit certain personality traits more than others. I would argue that those who already posses a highly competitive spirit are more likely to be wellthose who succeed and will respond better to Mourinho's methods.

Back