• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Nothing fair or not about it, we have been in positions over the last few years to have pushed on but failed to do so. We have been called by some to be one of the best teams in the Prem over the last couple of seasons and won nothing. But we will not agree by the looks of it.

I see you have cut this out of your post (Sounds a bit glory hunter tuat) i am no glory hunter mate and never will be. I see/hear a lot of fans suggest we should give the EL a miss ( not saying you feel that way as i do not know) but we have a chance to win something and i can not understand why we would not want to do so.

And i do not expect us to be able to throw the same amount of money into buying players like Chelsk, Utd, City but i do expect/hope for us to go for silverware, and not look for a BAR to stop us from doing so.

Some people are just looking for excuses. What we need at the club are proven winners - in every position from Owner, Chairman,Board, Manager, Coaches, Recruitment Team, players and a DoF !!!- i.e. at every level.

Until we do, we will continue to be behind our rivals and will continue to be bottlers and second best (at best) at the highest level. Our whole demeanour needs to change from top to bottom - including some naysaying supporters who only seem to want to criticise everybody and everything.

Nothing fair or not about it, we have been in positions over the last few years to have pushed on but failed to do so. We have been called by some to be one of the best teams in the Prem over the last couple of seasons and won nothing. But we will not agree by the looks of it.

I see you have cut this out of your post (Sounds a bit glory hunter tuat) i am no glory hunter mate and never will be. I see/hear a lot of fans suggest we should give the EL a miss ( not saying you feel that way as i do not know) but we have a chance to win something and i can not understand why we would not want to do so.

And i do not expect us to be able to throw the same amount of money into buying players like Chelsk, Utd, City but i do expect/hope for us to go for silverware, and not look for a BAR to stop us from doing so.

for a club that’s one 1 cup on 20 years we are awfully picky

Still waiting for an example of a successful non cheque book manager.

I was assured the idea Jose was cheque book manager was not true. I’m happy to go along with that notion as then he has to work within the structure of the club and do his magic another way.

And that’s not me being funny, I’m seriously happy to go along with it and see what he can do.

End of the day he knows more about football than us so I would hope he did his due diligence on Spurs before taking the job so he knows what he has to work with, he obviously thinks he can work with it or why agree to join, I would also expect him to have set terms before signing with Levy.

The fact he took the job for me Is a sign you agree with the conditions you are going to work with, so ultimately as I’ve said before....Jose it’s over to you

Still waiting for an example of a successful non cheque book manager.

There are different levels of it though and success is relative to the ambitions.

Dyche is an example of being a success with what he has compared to the rest of the league based on Burnley’s ambitions (I’m sure the fans see Prem football status the same as winning the league because they are realistic)

I would say Jose has been a higher level cheque book manager than many, by no way the worse but when you look at spend above income he does spend heavy or has done, like I said about Poch you can’t compare spending what you make and spending above your income ala Jose @ Man U versus Poch @ Spurs for example.

Regardless what anyone believes Jose is going to have to work within the constraints at Spurs, the proof will be in the pudding if he can.

We're not 400% we could afford all 3?

But my point is we're only banging on about Fernandes because hes hit the ground running at Utd. If he'd had performed like Ndombele..we wouldn't be having a conversation. You can't lead your life thru the rear view mirror.

I will speak for myself.

I wanted Fernandes as he was Eriksenesque to me and our players thrive with that creativity. I wanted them all.
Yes, we could've afforded them all had we also sold one of Lucas or Lamela either in the summer or the window. It would've been an upgrade.
Or we would not have bought Bergwijn (decent player BTW) or Gedson.
We could've done it. That we didn't is not because of finances.

Some people are just looking for excuses. What we need at the club are proven winners - in every position from Owner, Chairman,Board, Manager, Coaches, Recruitment Team, players and a DoF !!!- i.e. at every level.

Until we do, we will continue to be behind our rivals and will continue to be bottlers and second best (at best) at the highest level. Our whole demeanour needs to change from top to bottom - including some naysaying supporters who only seem to want to criticise everybody and everything.

Look at your last line and read the bit after the hyphen. A few times. Let it sink in.

You spoke about the bar for success being trophies when we invest at like our rivals

Leicester spent money but didn't like our rivals and won, is their bar different?

Cups are a lottery no? Predominantly who wins them? Big clubs with small clubs occasionally. Was the cup victories for those small clubs not a bar for success?

We have neither won league or cup.

Can change it to wins regularly if you like, same point applies, if Jose is a cheque book manager then so is every other successful manager who wins multiple leagues or cups.

Everyone forgets that Leicester had a lot of money put into them plus a bit of rank dodginess. They also took advantage of a sleeping prem that arrogantly ignored their Roadrunnerball for ages.

Im not sure that’s true, I saw Poch reign as successful above winning league cups. I take it over Ramos and Graham.

I think actions change perceptions, if you sack Poch I expect it for better and a purpose. His sacking set the expectations

For me, he was sacked as the players had stopped playing for him and, as he has since said himself, he was burnt out.

Having read:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ing-under-jose-mourinho-who-has-yet-to-evolve

I have to think that Jonathan Wilson browses among us.

Paul Merson was interesting on Soccer Saturday today. He was asked if Spurs had regressed under Mourinho. He said they have if you’re a typical Spurs fan and you expect exciting, free-flowing football. He added, though, that he expects Mourinho to deliver a trophy to Spurs and he said that it’s perfectly possible to still win games 1-0 with a solid defence. He reckons Mourinho’s Spurs will do that a lot next year.

they drew 2-2 with WBA the night before we lost to West Ham

Win that and we went top (or the sat even as early kick off) and we went top

West Ham was another weird selection with Alli/Walker dropped

So Leicester were bottling it as well , dropping points to a poor WBA side.
They also dropped points at home to West Ham around that time as well iirc
It wasn't even West Ham's cup final and Leicester were still "bottling" it.
The truth is, every team drops points and every game in the long run in is a 'must win' game and if you don't win, your labelled as bottlers.
We just weren't quite good enough plus we had all the London clubs and most of the league hell bent on stopping us and helping little Leicester.

Last edited:
So Leicester were bottling it as well , dropping points to a poor WBA side.
They also dropped points at home to West Ham around that time as well iirc
It wasn't even West Ham's cup final and Leicester were still "bottling" it.
The truth is, every team drops points and every game in the long run in is a 'must win' game and if you don't win, your labelled as bottlers.
We just weren't quite good enough plus we had all the London clubs and most of the league hell bent on stopping us and helping little Leicester.

Nah . It was in our hands. The games against Leicester were critical in that season. We drew away and lost at home. So, one point to us and fourvto Leicester. Win both those games and 6 to us and none to Leicester. A 9 point swing.

Nah . It was in our hands. The games against Leicester were critical in that season. We drew away and lost at home. So, one point to us and fourvto Leicester. Win both those games and 6 to us and none to Leicester. A 9 point swing.

I was at the away game, so just to add some context (if nobody minds) it was one of the first few games of the season and nobody was racing for anything just yet. Bizarre match. We scored and then gave up the equalizer 60 seconds later. The home game? Their winner would've been disallowed today as Vertonghan was shoved out of the way at the set-piece to allow Huth a free header. We were robbed.

Back