• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-joao-sacramento-assistant-manager-tottenham/

Jose Mourinho has made Joao Sacramento his new Tottenham Hotspur assistant manager in wide-ranging shake-up of the club’s backroom team.

Sacramento has joined Mourinho’s new Spurs staff from Lille, where he held the same position under Christophe Galtier.

The Portuguese was previously a technical assistant under Leonardo Jardim at Monaco, before moving to Lille in January 2017.

Mourinho is having to appoint an entirely new football staff after Tottenham sacked assistant Jesus Perez, first-team coach Miguel D’Agostino and goalkeeping coach Toni Jimenez along with manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Rui Faria, who was Mourinho’s long-term assistant, is unavailable as he is managing Qatari club Al-Duhail SC.

Other than Sacramento, Carlos Lalin will become Mourinho’s fitness trainer at Tottenham while Giovanni Cerra is joining the analysis team and Ricardo Formoshino is joining the club as a scout.

Portuguese goalkeeping coach Nuno Santos will also join Tottenham from Lille

Worth going on the link, midway down the article is a table of his career stats, averaged a 55% win ratio at Utd - better than I expected

Wow, some toys flying out of the pram today, such negativity from those who used that word to describe us who were disillusioned with the old regime.

give the guy a chance...get behind the club, you know levy and Jose will make beautiful music together.

it’s all good, Jose with a point to prove, happy and settled in London could be so good for us.

Jose has always gone 4-2-3-1 so that’s gonna be interesting, especially where he sees NDombele playing
It seems to were set up for 4-3–3 now too

The Sun

Who is Jose Mourinho's new assistant coach?

No, it is not Rui Faria. It is Joao Sacramento.

The Telegraph have revealed that the Lille assistant will join up with Mourinho at Tottenham, following his appointment.

Sacramento hails from Barcelos, just north of Porto, where Faria was also born.

But rather than remaining in his home nation to learn the trade, he headed for south Wales, attending University of Glamorgan.

Sacramento completed degree in sports coaching and a Masters in performance coaching, where he also took on the assistant's role for uni team.

While in Wales, the Portguese coach became a performance analyst intern at the nation's FA, working under Gary Speed and Chris Coleman, before getting his big break a year later at Monaco in April 2014.

His work there saw him help build the foundations to their 2017 title success, having moved to Lille to become assistant coach under Christophe Galtier in the January before.

Jose has always gone 4-2-3-1 so that’s gonna be interesting, especially where he sees NDombele playing
It seems to were set up for 4-3–3 now too

...and what he does with Eriksen.

I think Kane at CF with Dele behind him suits Mourinho perfectly - physical, committed players. Similarly Sissoko and Ndombele in CM. Also think Son fits him well in a wide-ish role in a 4-2-3-1

I think Kane at CF with Dele behind him suits Mourinho perfectly - physical, committed players. Similarly Sissoko and Ndombele in CM. Also think Son fits him well in a wide-ish role in a 4-2-3-1

If he didn't fancy mata I can't see Eriksen getting on with Jose.

He will give Eriksen a chance to make a mark or simply fudge off

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-joao-sacramento-assistant-manager-tottenham/

Jose Mourinho has made Joao Sacramento his new Tottenham Hotspur assistant manager in wide-ranging shake-up of the club’s backroom team.

Sacramento has joined Mourinho’s new Spurs staff from Lille, where he held the same position under Christophe Galtier.

The Portuguese was previously a technical assistant under Leonardo Jardim at Monaco, before moving to Lille in January 2017.

Mourinho is having to appoint an entirely new football staff after Tottenham sacked assistant Jesus Perez, first-team coach Miguel D’Agostino and goalkeeping coach Toni Jimenez along with manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Rui Faria, who was Mourinho’s long-term assistant, is unavailable as he is managing Qatari club Al-Duhail SC.

Other than Sacramento, Carlos Lalin will become Mourinho’s fitness trainer at Tottenham while Giovanni Cerra is joining the analysis team and Ricardo Formoshino is joining the club as a scout.

Portuguese goalkeeping coach Nuno Santos will also join Tottenham from Lille

Worth going on the link, midway down the article is a table of his career stats, averaged a 55% win ratio at Utd - better than I expected

this is really interesting, alongside the Mirror article earlier in the thread. If he has truly changed, and is truly committed to adapting to how the game has changed, if he’s been studying other sports, and building a new back room staff, I’m all for this.

I’d be annoyed if I was United if he couldn’t have learned to change after the Chelsea experience, but maybe we are the beneficiaries. Fingers crossed.

this is really interesting, alongside the Mirror article earlier in the thread. If he has truly changed, and is truly committed to adapting to how the game has changed, if he’s been studying other sports, and building a new back room staff, I’m all for this.

I’d be annoyed if I was United if he couldn’t have learned to change after the Chelsea experience, but maybe we are the beneficiaries. Fingers crossed.
And in his worst spell in management which was apparently second time at Chelsea.... he won the league

It is of course a case of time will tell, but to be honest Im feeling positive right now.

For me Mourinho is a very two sided characeter.

Theres the side of him that is charming, warm, witty. The side that players love and respect. The side that forges a real team and wins. He has the pragmatism, and the ruthlessness required to make key decisions at key times and genuinely effect results.

Then theres the side of him that gouges another coaches face, pouts and sulks, publicly humiliates players, and seems to set fire to everything on his way out of the place...

I can completely understand why people arent keen on going for him, for the latter reasons. Though I also think much of the cliche rhetoric around him really is wide of the mark.

However, if we have just appointed happy Mourinho MKII, well fudge me what a prospect that might be.

Brilliant read this

The Portuguese coach has signed a contract until June 2023

José Mourinho is Tottenham's new coach. The Portuguese coach had been out of job since December 2018 but will now return to the Premier League, after his previous adventures with Chelsea and Manchester United. The fact that Mourinho chose Tottenham may sound strange to the vast majority of people, as it is not one of the top clubs in Europe, but this is exactly the kind of project the Special One was looking for. Jorge Mendes, his agent, had several offers during this period, including PSG, but this time the coach listened to someone else's advice - his wife Tami's.

Mourinho had never been away from football for such a long time, and he used these almost twelve months to rethink his career. The first goal - at his family's request - was to try to find a club near his home in London, where his wife and two children have always lived, even when José Mourinho signed for Manchester United last year. PSG, China and even Italy - both Milan and Inter - were serious possibilities, but his wife Tami's appeals made him reject these offers, always with the hope of finding a London club to relaunch his career.

Inside sources told Plataforma that Tottenham will be coached by a different Mourinho: a calmer, less controversial and much more level-headed coach. In fact, the 'training' for this new profile was already visible in recent months, when the Special One started commenting on English TV. The idea of starting from scratch was heavily influenced by Mourinho's family, but his agent Jorge Mendes also advised him to look for new blood for his coaching team - so much so that Mourinho is expected 'drop' some assistant coaches who have always been with him, such as Rui Faria (his lifelong right-hand man) and goalkeeper coach Silvino.

But Plataforma knows he will be surrounded by Portuguese professionals, as he intends to sign goalkeeper coach Nuno Santos and João Sacramento (currently at Lille FC), Ricardo Formosinho, and Lille FC sports director Luís Campos.

And while Mourinho wants to start almost from scratch, he also wants to fight for titles. Although Tottenham is not a top European club, Pocchetino's squad reached the Champions League final and fought for the Premier League title almost to the end in 2018/2019. However, José Mourinho believes the team needs some new players in order to think big again, and he told Spurs president Daniel Levy just that.

But unlike what he has done in previous experiences, the 'new' Mourinho will bet on young players. Plataforma knows the Special One wants to sign a few experienced footballers, such as Manchester United's Matic. But the focus will be on young players, such as Sporting Lisbon's Bruno Fernandes (which Tottenham tried to sign before) and SL Benfica's central defender Rúben Dias.

In fact, Mou spent most of the past 12 months studying young players that could fit his new strategy. A young player he reportedly likes, and for which Tottenham may make an offer, is West Ham's central defender Issa Dioup. Ajax's Van de Beek also fits the bill, but the Dutch player is coveted by major European clubs.

However, Daniel Levy has told the Special One that money won't be a problem, not least because the Spurs have spent very little money in recent years - a strategy that former Tottenham coach Mauricio Pochettino has always criticized. And it won't be a problem at all because the Spurs will be paying Mourinho €18 million a year, which makes him the second highest-paid coach in the world, just behind Emirates Marketing Project's Pep Guardiola (€23 million).

Real Madrid has never been a possibility

A lot of people said José Mourinho was waiting for Real Madrid, but the Portuguese coach has always felt that returning to the Spanish capital would not be a reality in the near future. He thought about it, yes, but after a few months without coaching he realized - following his family's advice - that returning to Madrid would not be a good strategy for now. And he also found out, even before the official announcement, that Zidane would be Real's new coach.

Incidentally, there was another name on the table for the Merengues - Mauricio Pochettino, who has just been sacked from Tottenham. Mourinho has always believed (and still does) that the Argentine coach would be Real Madrid's choice to replace Zinedine Zidane.

And in his worst spell in management which was apparently second time at Chelsea.... he won the league

He is a winner and always has been it makes me laugh when some fans say he failed at Utd, since Fergie left 6 seasons ago since then they have won 3 trophys, guess what Jose won two of them and got them finishing 2nd on one occasion. Considering that Utd have gone backwards since Fergie left, so much for him failing at Utd.

He is a winner and always has been it makes me laugh when some fans say he failed at Utd, since Fergie left 6 seasons ago since then they have won 3 trophys, guess what Jose won two of them and got them finishing 2nd on one occasion. Considering that Utd have gone backwards since Fergie left, so much for him failing at Utd.
His failures are bigger than anything we have done for a long long time
The best leaders happen to be the biggest aholes

I just described Poch as the girl you would marry, she is sensible and sane and you can have some fun with...
Mou will fudge your brains out, tell you she loves you then brick in your shoes... but those shoes are now shiny ones that other people want

His failures are bigger than anything we have done for a long long time
The best leaders happen to be the biggest aholes

I just described Poch as the girl you would marry, she is sensible and sane and you can have some fun with...
Mou will fudge your brains out, tell you she loves you then brick in your shoes... but those shoes are now shiny ones that other people want

That made me laugh. :)

Back