• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window: Your shout

Should rumours from ITKs and journalists be posted in separate threads?

• YES, two separate threads.

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • NO, all rumours in one thread.

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
Why should ITK discussion be treated with preference and protected from being questioned on the same grounds other rumours might be 'analysed'?

Else you need separate discussion threads for

- ITK
- Tweeter
- Newspaper articles
- Hearsay
- NOTW
- etc.

Is that truly viable?

I thought I made that clear: Those that do not want to read ITK can avoid it.

As I've said before, twitter in itself is nothing. Just because something comes from there doesn't make it less reliable, it depends on who the tweeter is. Anything you can put a name to goes in the rumour thread. If it's someone hiding behind an alias it goes in the ITK thread. If it's something you heard from your uncle's postman's cat it goes in the ITK thread. That way people who hate reading "gonad*s" don't have to.

If you don't like it, but still insist on reading it you can. You can also participate in discussing it as long as it's done in a reasonable manner. That means no 'that **** is full of brick' or 'why do people listen to these tossers' etc.

The reason for having a separate ITK thread would be that those that actually want to read it and talk about it could do so without the bashing derailing the thread and those that don't care for it can avoid it.

I am all for this one. Trying to read ITK on here is like trying to drink a cup of coffee and having the same 3 people coming along and spitting in it saying "I hate coffee and all coffee drinkers"

While we're preparing the ribbon, sharpening the scissors and setting up the 'admin only' VIP after party I thought I would share with you all how it's going to be.

It's by no means set in stone that this is how it's going to be for the rest of eternity, but we'll start out like this:

One transfer rumour update thread. NO DISCUSSION, only rumours from "credible" sources. That means papers, journalists, others that you can put a name and face to on twitter (not random nobodies who heard something from their neighbour's uncle's cat's postman) and anything else like tv or radio. Everything posted must include a link or twitter name or something else that clearly indicates where or who it's from. NO ITK.

One transfer rumour discussion thread. General discussion about rumours and transfers. NO ITK.

One ITK thread for posting and discussing ITK. Avoid at your own peril, but keep bashing at a minimum, preferably less.

Player threads for discussion on individual players.

Other transfer related topics that require in-depth discussion. You decide what.

How about a ban on copy/pasting the BBC gossip column daily. Everyone reads it anyway so why have it cluttering up valuable forum real-estate?

I don't see any reason to do that. I never go on the BBC site to see what's happening.

And without further ado:

how.i.met_.your_.mother.cut_.gif

Propose one final thread. May be premature, however a 'confirmed transfers' thread will likely be useful.

Propose one final thread. May be premature, however a 'confirmed transfers' thread will likely be useful.

Do we need that? There will always be a "Welcome XXXX" thread as soon as anything's confirmed.

It's nice to have a separate thread for each new arrival - in the hope that there will be more than one! [-o<

Do we need that? There will always be a "Welcome XXXX" thread as soon as anything's confirmed.

It's nice to have a separate thread for each new arrival - in the hope that there will be more than one! [-o<

I assume new spurs arrivals will have threads in the main forums and not the transfer ones.

I was going for an other teams and spurs type thing.

Just as a matter of interest, how do you all think it's running so far?

(Be constructive!!)

Personally think it is very good so far, not least down to the self-control being shown by you all.

I think you should do away with the read only transfer rumour thread, just stick it all in with the discussion one.

the creation of an entire sub forum purely for transfer news and speculation was a bold move - but i have a feeling it will garner greater results than a life time of 100 page Giovani dos Santos threads.

Mouthino, Leandro + another will be a fitting tribute to the hard work of the mods here - but how will we top that come the summer ?

but in all seriousness - the only thing id change is having it as it's own forum as opposed to a subsection of SN&V

good work guys =D>

I think you should do away with the read only transfer rumour thread, just stick it all in with the discussion one.

Seeing as there's so little stuff in the papers and the discussion thread has become more manageable, this might be worhtwhile.

It's basically a live chat-room being launched for Thursday's deadline day and the subsequent madness.

Were you around on GG about..........ooooh, 5 years ago?

With one version of the board, we had an MSN live chat room link which would have been ideal. Used to use it for live match chats too.

This part of the forum will enter sleep mode in a few days, much like the ITKs, and will awaken once more as soon as the season ends. A rumour thread will probably surface in SNV once there's anything worth talking about.

I think it has worked very well, especially the threads about individual players. The sub forum itself was a very good idea.
But on TDD I was getting a headache jumping from thread to thread. The ITK thread has worked up to a point in that the dumbass "He is full of brick" "Yes, I agree he is full of brick"posts have all but disappeared.
But in fact there was virtually NO ITK and it degenerated into a nonsense.
My suggestion would be ITK as read only with all ITK filtered by a mod and then one thread for all transfer rumour and ITK discusion. I even think it should include all clubs.

Back