• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Mentally detaching myself from Spurs has been very good for me - it came naturally, of course, as I grew older and had kids, etc., but it was a bit of a concious decision too. There was a time when a loss would ruin not just an evening or a day, but a whole week. There were times when I'd pull my hair out because of ITK rumours or transfers that never materialised. It wasn't healthy.

I can still be upset or annoyed from a loss, and I do worry about our lack of transfer dealings and what it could mean to the club, but it's mostly just for the moment. When I close my browser tab and leave GG for a while, I will switch it all off until the next time I check in. It's a massive upside for my mental well being.

When the club persists with this ridiculous policy of having to get one out before getting one in we will continue to do poorly in transfer windows. Big clubs don't act this way. If there are players they really want they go and get them and then worry about the outgoings later.

When the club persists with this ridiculous policy of having to get one out before getting one in we will continue to do poorly in transfer windows. Big clubs don't act this way. If there are players they really want they go and get them and then worry about the outgoings later.
TBF arsenal did that
They got rid before buying
United are doing that too
But pool, city and Chelsea arguably have much less dross for get rid of

this ridiculous policy of not committing to paying out more in wages than we can afford

It probably reflects the fact that we know that it'll be hard to shift some of our players. I'm sure we wouldnt wait if we though there would be takers

Almost like having significantly more money than us is a benefit.

I don't think acting like a big club without the finances to actually do it is a good idea.

Mentally detaching myself from Spurs has been very good for me - it came naturally, of course, as I grew older and had kids, etc., but it was a bit of a concious decision too. There was a time when a loss would ruin not just an evening or a day, but a whole week. There were times when I'd pull my hair out because of ITK rumours or transfers that never materialised. It wasn't healthy.

I can still be upset or annoyed from a loss, and I do worry about our lack of transfer dealings and what it could mean to the club, but it's mostly just for the moment. When I close my browser tab and leave GG for a while, I will switch it all off until the next time I check in. It's a massive upside for my mental well being.
Same for me, particularly the kids bit. My son came along last April - who is coincidentally already a fully paid Junior Hotspur! - and has given me a whole new perspective on life. I still enjoy the highs like Leicester - where I was running around the lounge like a loon, holding aloft the baby monitor and whispering ‘GOALLLLL!!!!’ at him at the top of my voice - but the lows? Pah, they have a comparatively smaller impact than they did.

It’s just not worth the emotional turmoil it used to cause me, but I do understand why others are so invested. It is basically a drug.

So while we’re bidding a way under release clause making out that we’re trying to sign a player, not in a priority position, for about this amount of money…. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are signing a very, very good player who does play in a priority position for us for that same amount of money. Way to go Spurs!

How long does everyone give it before we finish behind Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the PL? 2 seasons after this one? Or even less?

To be honest I find the whole link to Diaz a strange one. We don’t seem flush with transfer cash and yet are (apparently) offering £38m plus bonuses for a left wing forward when we already have a good first choice and at least one decent backup player?

We're obviously not at City levels with our cash, but we probably have enough to secure one or two top targets. That means prioritizing though. Maybe once Vlahovic was off the radar we moved for Diaz. There will be other names in the next few days.

We're obviously not at City levels with our cash, but we probably have enough to secure one or two top targets. That means prioritizing though. Maybe once Vlahovic was off the radar we moved for Diaz. There will be other names in the next few days.

Agreed that there will be other names.

Everything I've seen on Paratici would indicate that there will be several other targets.

That doesn't mean we'll get there, certainly won't mean we'll get someone we'll be really happy with. But let's at least wait and see what actually happens.

All we have is names. Lets see who our next failed attempt will be. All we hear everyday is the same names and some other club swoops in and takes them. I actually thought we would have signed 1-2 by now but i have doubts we will sign anyone now. Or maybe just some second rate who will shock us when he does not perform to the standards we expect

I'm sure we would.... After all history teaches us exactly that.

yep, the biggest concern is the lack of takers for Dele and GLC, and even Ndombele sounds like a loan. We could well be in the same position going into the summer window - these three dead weights hanging around and us not willing to sign players til they're gone

Back